2016 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, Thu 26 – Sun 29 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2016 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, Thu 26 – Sun 29 May

One of the reasons Mclaren might beat Ferrari in Monaco is a fact that Fernando Alonso is significantly better driver than Ferrari pair.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

FrukostScones

GoranF1 wrote:One of the reasons Mclaren might beat Ferrari in Monaco is a fact that Fernando Alonso is significantly better driver than Ferrari pair.
boo, low blow!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GoranF1
GoranF1

My last statement is based on 2014 FA teammate's score against Vettel this year..... :twisted:

FrukostScones

GoranF1 wrote:My last statement is based on 2014 FA teammate's score against Vettel this year..... :twisted:
boo, and I thought the car was goint to be better! boo 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

GoranF1
GoranF1

Ferrari will fall behind Redbull now whit this new Renault engine....Mclaren is next in line to catch them....soon very soon.

FrukostScones

GoranF1 wrote:Ferrari will fall behind Redbull now whit this new Renault engine....Mclaren is next in line to catch them....soon very soon.
in 2017 it COULD happen. that's true. but we'll see

giantfan10
giantfan10

GoranF1 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:
GoranF1 wrote: Up until Q? ...thats when it matters no?
Ferrari was slower in sector 3 to Redbull,Mercedes and Mclaren...tyre wise Ferrari has problems on a smooth track whit tyre temps....Monaco is the smootest of all according to Pirelli.
They did some setup changes which basically compromised their pace in Q. That doesn't mean that they will be beaten by McLaren in Monaco. That's ridiculous.
I think its quite clear Mclaren has better chassis than Ferrari but i to dont think Mclaren will beat them in Monaco because even there 80bhp deficit means something.
But it will be closer than usual.
Ricciardo will win.
please point out to me where its quite clear...
its pretty funny watching team principals spew out nonsense and the masses soaking it all up and regurgitating it like its fact.
Red bull and Mclaren being 2 of the teams with the biggest BS factors in their press releases.

hollus

Getlemen, F1opinion.net is over there (a bit further back... a bit further back!).
Does every thread really need constant ying-yang, my hero is better that yours?
Do we need constant performance predictions in every thread? Is that really what you liked about F1T when you found it?
Rivals, not enemies.

GoranF1
GoranF1

hollus wrote:Getlemen, F1opinion.net is over there (a bit further back... a bit further back!).
Do we need constant performance predictions in every thread? Is that really what you liked about F1T when you found it?
Ok we will not predict what will happen in Monaco in Monaco thread.

PlatinumZealot

GoranF1 wrote:
hollus wrote:Getlemen, F1opinion.net is over there (a bit further back... a bit further back!).
Lol you can say that again. The anti-ying-yang people are even more annoying than the ying-yang people sometimes. Nothing but nagging. Lets cal them Ning-nangs.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GoranF1
GoranF1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
Lol you can say that again. The anti-ying-yang people are even more annoying than the ying-yang people sometimes. Nothing but nagging. Lets cal them Ning-nangs.
:D =D>

flynfrog

PlatinumZealot wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
One group has driven off most of the best posters on the forum any guess which one it is.

bl4zar_

Lots of people are basing their predictions on the Spanish GP, which has been absolutely unconventional. IMHO:

1- Mercedes in front of everyone as always.
2- Ferrari behind them as always, maybe Ricciardo chasing them but however RedBull won't be dominant on Ferrari, they'll fight.
3- McLaren better than usual but obviously not better than Ferraris. Probably something between 7th and 10th place, with Sainz fighting with them.

This if things remain as in Spain. If Ferrari has finally found a way to keep tyre pressure low as Mercedes and RB, probably RB won't be a problem for them. But I don't think they've figured it out yet.
Last edited by bl4zar_ on 22 May 2016, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckjr

flynfrog wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
GoranF1 wrote: Ok we will not predict what will happen in Monaco in Monaco thread.
One group has driven off most of the best posters on the forum any guess which one it is.
I whole heartedly thank and appreciate the mods. This is not a bash on anybody just my thoughts about what has happened at f1 technical over the last year.

Honestly I think what's driven off the best posters has been the diabolical push to keep thread subjects PRECISELY within the scope of the thread subject.

Tho I appreciate the drive to keep things better organized and on point, there comes a time when the flow of a discussion is more important than it remaining exclusively in a tight subject matter demand. I've seen countless threads killed in the middle of a great discussion because a mod or individual gets their panties in a wad because someone brings up a subject or asks a question that's outside the boundaries of the overall thread intention.

Just my two cents.
Watching F1 since 1986.

f1316
f1316

So the fastest ever lap was 1:13.532 in Q2 2006 by Kimi.

Lewis' pole last year was 1:15.098.

With the ultra softs and kind of lap time improvements we've seen so far this year, I think there's no doubt we see a new fastest all-time lap.

At an historic venue like this, that'll be a pretty cool thing to see.