2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RedNEO

Re: 2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

godlameroso wrote:How about, in the race it looks like it's going to rain, everyone pits for inters, Alonso just drives past the pit entry so he's forced to do another lap on dry tires. As he's nearing the end of the parabolic turn, he notices it's not raining on this half of the track, and as he makes the hairpin he sees clearing skies some damp but still drivable track ahead of him, and him suddenly leading the race. He decides to push on, the track is rapidly drying, losing about a second per lap to Hamilton on inters, until suddenly the track is drying and Alonso is now beginning to build a gap to Lewis. So he's forced to pit for dry tires as are a lot of other drivers, now 30 seconds ahead with 30 laps to go, Alonso drives his heart out and manages to fend off a charging Hamilton that catches him with 3 laps to go.

It's one of those boring days at work.

SiLo

Vasconia wrote:
SiLo wrote:Everyone going for Rosberg on pole and the win here, I reckon Hamilton has got some wind in his sails and will take pole and the win instead.

It would be a big loss for Rosberg in front of his "home" crowd too.
For the ones who want an exciting second half for the championship, Rosberg should win.
Why won't we have an exciting second half of the season if he doesn't? Unless Rosberg retires, Hamilton won't have a very large lead if he wins.
Felipe Baby!

Thunder

godlameroso wrote:How about, in the race it looks like it's going to rain, everyone pits for inters, Alonso just drives past the pit entry so he's forced to do another lap on dry tires. As he's nearing the end of the parabolic turn, he notices it's not raining on this half of the track, and as he makes the hairpin he sees clearing skies some damp but still drivable track ahead of him, and him suddenly leading the race. He decides to push on, the track is rapidly drying, losing about a second per lap to Hamilton on inters, until suddenly the track is drying and Alonso is now beginning to build a gap to Lewis. So he's forced to pit for dry tires as are a lot of other drivers, now 30 seconds ahead with 30 laps to go, Alonso drives his heart out and manages to fend off a charging Hamilton that catches him with 3 laps to go.

It's one of those boring days at work.
I like the Way you think. :mrgreen:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Vasconia

SiLo wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
SiLo wrote:Everyone going for Rosberg on pole and the win here, I reckon Hamilton has got some wind in his sails and will take pole and the win instead.

It would be a big loss for Rosberg in front of his "home" crowd too.
For the ones who want an exciting second half for the championship, Rosberg should win.
Why won't we have an exciting second half of the season if he doesn't? Unless Rosberg retires, Hamilton won't have a very large lead if he wins.
I am not saying tha the WC would be over but after losing the leadership if Nico is also beaten in his home race, he could be mentally weaker for the rest of the season.

Phil

Possibly, but Nico has always been a very consistent performer. Probably too consistent to be ruled out of contention, given the Mercedes is more or less nearly guaranteed to finish 1st or 2nd given the advantage they have... And I think the thought that Lewis may be facing a penalty soon probably makes him a bit more comfortable with the odds, despite losing the lead. Also the fact that he was able to win 7 races in a row from last year into this year should give him some confidence in his own ability, even if things haven't been going his way lately.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

SiLo

That astro turf will get ripped up pretty quickly I imagine. But I hope they install sensors there like they did in Hungary.
Felipe Baby!

flickerf1
flickerf1

SiLo wrote:That astro turf will get ripped up pretty quickly I imagine. But I hope they install sensors there like they did in Hungary.
They have: https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 9257511936
The Wicked + The Divine.

sosic2121
sosic2121

SiLo wrote:That astro turf will get ripped up pretty quickly I imagine. But I hope they install sensors there like they did in Hungary.
And I hope they install some gravel instead :-(

Vasconia

Phil wrote:Possibly, but Nico has always been a very consistent performer. Probably too consistent to be ruled out of contention, given the Mercedes is more or less nearly guaranteed to finish 1st or 2nd given the advantage they have... And I think the thought that Lewis may be facing a penalty soon probably makes him a bit more comfortable with the odds, despite losing the lead. Also the fact that he was able to win 7 races in a row from last year into this year should give him some confidence in his own ability, even if things haven't been going his way lately.
I see your point and its true though last year was a little bit different(the WC was over). In 2014 Hamilton performerd clearly better so I hope this season Nico can keep with the good performance he has had during this season.

SiLo

Vasconia wrote:
Phil wrote:Possibly, but Nico has always been a very consistent performer. Probably too consistent to be ruled out of contention, given the Mercedes is more or less nearly guaranteed to finish 1st or 2nd given the advantage they have... And I think the thought that Lewis may be facing a penalty soon probably makes him a bit more comfortable with the odds, despite losing the lead. Also the fact that he was able to win 7 races in a row from last year into this year should give him some confidence in his own ability, even if things haven't been going his way lately.
I see your point and its true though last year was a little bit different(the WC was over). In 2014 Hamilton performerd clearly better so I hope this season Nico can keep with the good performance he has had during this season.
It's difficult to tell just how well Nico was doing at the beginning of the year because his only real challenger was hampered by mistakes and issues. Now it's a level playing field he's been losing out more often than not.
Felipe Baby!

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

WaikeCU

The thing with Rosberg is that he has been a very consistent performer, but during the season there are races where he critically lose out in the standings. Last season Hungary and Italy have been the races where he lost out a lot. Whereas this season, his results in Monaco, Canada and Austria could have been better and these moment can cost him the Championship.

Hamilton had a disastrous beginning of the season, but still managed to come back whenever he could bar China and Baku where damage and mechanical failure have cost him the race. Considering how much mechanical failure and damage Lewis had during races, he made the most out of it without losing out too much in the standings.

It's going to be crucial heading into the summer break with a win for either Hamilton or Rosberg. For Hamilton it would keeping his good form, keeping his streak alive and build a big enough buffer when he's due to an engine change which will drop him back a few places on the grid. For Rosberg it would be the ability to bounce back from recent setbacks, break Hamilton's streak and gain back the lead in the standings heading into the summer break.

Manjhi
Manjhi

Vasconia wrote:
Manjhi wrote:
arumil wrote:friday and saturday should be dry, but on Sunday rain is possible
[-o< [-o< [-o< Please god take few drops from my country and pour it in Germany. I want to see other teams winning.

My prediction if it rains for the whole race :
Ric
Ves
Ham
Ros
Hul
Vet
Sai
Per
Rai
Even with rain I see Hamilton being the strongest. This track suits the Mercedes perfectly well and he is strong in wet. The only difference I could see if Rosberg having problems, RB over Ferrari and the Spaniards showing their skills with a wet track.
I think Hamilton might dominate for first 8-10 laps but after that he will struggle, we have seen the similar trend in Austria and monaco, may be both the track are not pro-engine but the trend does proves that the Mercs does struggles after few laps.

flickerf1
flickerf1

Manjhi wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Manjhi wrote: [-o< [-o< [-o< Please god take few drops from my country and pour it in Germany. I want to see other teams winning.

My prediction if it rains for the whole race :
Ric
Ves
Ham
Ros
Hul
Vet
Sai
Per
Rai
Even with rain I see Hamilton being the strongest. This track suits the Mercedes perfectly well and he is strong in wet. The only difference I could see if Rosberg having problems, RB over Ferrari and the Spaniards showing their skills with a wet track.
I think Hamilton might dominate for first 8-10 laps but after that he will struggle, we have seen the similar trend in Austria and monaco, may be both the track are not pro-engine but the trend does proves that the Mercs does struggles after few laps.
Why would he struggle after 10 laps?
The Wicked + The Divine.

Manjhi
Manjhi

flickerf1 wrote: Why would he struggle after 10 laps?
I don't know the exact reason, but have seen the Bulls closing the gaps to Mercs after 8-10 laps from the start of the race.