Schumi on pole!!!!!!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1.redbaron

Re: Schumi on pole!!!!!!!!

manchild wrote: Also, main rivals on old engines... just wait till Nurbugring race ends to judge the pace.
Let him have this one...I think he deserves it.

btw, last year, I remember you arguing against some of us who believed that Kimi should've rightfully won the championship. You said how one teams weaknesses are not the other team's fault. So, I guess you could argue that it is not Ferrari's fault that the main rivals are on their old engines (btw, Fisichella had the new and improved engine and he still didn't manage to qualify for the third session, while Button has a fresh engine, as well).

I'll bet you're wondering what am I comparing what happened last year, with the current situation...Simple! Kimi was the only person last year to win with the same engine. So if the engine issue carries so much weight with you, I guess that you'd agree that Kimi deserved the last year's championship.

m3_lover

The San Marino Gp is usually a Bridgestone track, even last year Schumacher was 1.5 seconds quicker to the next car and I expect the same thing tomorrow, For some reason I am thinking that Mclaren and Renault are running heavy but we will see about it tomorrow.

Look at these times..

Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

manchild
manchild

f1.redbaron wrote:Kimi was the only person last year to win with the same engine. So if the engine issue carries so much weight with you, I guess that you'd agree that Kimi deserved the last year's championship.
Alonso was first driver to win 2 races with same engine in 2005 (Bahrain and San Marino). Driver who has more points in the end of season deserves the championship.

:arrow: http://www.formula1.com/archive/season/2005.html

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote:
f1.redbaron wrote:Kimi was the only person last year to win with the same engine. So if the engine issue carries so much weight with you, I guess that you'd agree that Kimi deserved the last year's championship.
Alonso was first driver to win 2 races with same engine in 2005 (Bahrain and San Marino). Driver who has more points in the end of season deserves the championship.

:arrow: http://www.formula1.com/archive/season/2005.html
You know what...you're absolutely right!

But I remember reading an article in F1 racing about how Kimi was the only driver to win back-to-back races with the exact same engine. I will have to dig through my archives and see whether I was on something when I was reading it or whether they made a mistake.

jaslfc
jaslfc

i would just like to ask.. do u think one thing mclaren lack is a good race strategiest. this season they have opted for more heavier fuel load but it never really did pay off? or is it due to the characteristic of the car that can perform better with a heavier load?

Ciro Pabón

Just to point out that Brazilians in second row have a chance. Nós estamos muito contentes de nossos amigos de Brasil.
Ciro

manchild
manchild

Ciro Pabón wrote:Just to point out that Brazilians in second row have a chance. Nós estamos muito contentes de nossos amigos de Brasil.
I'm also puting my hopes in those two (if you can read my mind) :wink:

Scuderia_Russ

f1.redbaron wrote:
manchild wrote: Also, main rivals on old engines... just wait till Nurbugring race ends to judge the pace.
Let him have this one...I think he deserves it.

btw, last year, I remember you arguing against some of us who believed that Kimi should've rightfully won the championship. You said how one teams weaknesses are not the other team's fault. So, I guess you could argue that it is not Ferrari's fault that the main rivals are on their old engines (btw, Fisichella had the new and improved engine and he still didn't manage to qualify for the third session, while Button has a fresh engine, as well).

I'll bet you're wondering what am I comparing what happened last year, with the current situation...Simple! Kimi was the only person last year to win with the same engine. So if the engine issue carries so much weight with you, I guess that you'd agree that Kimi deserved the last year's championship.
If that's your argument Manchild where was Fisichella with his new b spec engine that had an extra 200 r.p.m?

wazojugs

wazojugs wrote:Sure micheal has got pole, but ferrari have run him out on a lighter fuel load.

Why do i say this, well they need to perform good at home as they have really screwed up in the first three races, especially the last. Also to get that ferrari band wagon rolling again what better why to get momentum that having schumi break senna pole position record (shame he never did it in the same amont of races, but that's another thread). This will give the italian press alot to write about tonight and get more bums on grandstand seats.

Also if the combineation of the tyre and was good then why was his team mate 0.907 secs off the pace. Yes i know massa is crap but if the car is that good as they are saying then we should be seing a 1-2 or a 1-3, with a smaller gap.

Massa should have been 2nd as his two stopping strategy should have been to hold the pack up, whilst a 3 stopping schui runs off into the distance.

I personally think that Nurburgring and catalunya will the acid test that sorts out the "who's who" for everyone especially, ferrari.
I knew the ferrari pole was just for show, to get more people at the race (they even lowered the entry ticket to £30) and schumacher wasted a set of tyres trying to better the provisional pole he already had. Which screwed up his run after the first pit stops, has renault run alonso longer then the result would have been alot different.

This is not a ferrari backlash

[EDF]Fx
[EDF]Fx

MUhahaha really. You really think Pat Symmonds and the rest of the Renault F1 team made a misstake by stopping Alonso early ? Somehow I believe that the tactical gurus of the Renault F1 team had a good reason. Otherwise I suggest you apply for a position at Renault F1 as there should be one available if you are right.

85 wins, 66 poles and still counting !!!!!!!

/ Fx

manchild
manchild

:arrow: 1997

81 win and 63 poles

wazojugs

manchild wrote::arrow: 1997

81 win and 63 poles
Spot on Manchild

m3_lover

[EDF]Fx wrote:MUhahaha really. You really think Pat Symmonds and the rest of the Renault F1 team made a misstake by stopping Alonso early ? Somehow I believe that the tactical gurus of the Renault F1 team had a good reason. Otherwise I suggest you apply for a position at Renault F1 as there should be one available if you are right.

85 wins, 66 poles and still counting !!!!!!!

/ Fx
Okay Renault made a mistake, but why should I apply for a position there, you would have to be really smart and knowledgeable to join a F1 team. Pat Symonds is regarded as one of the smartest track tactician in F1 right now and a excellent technical director, when you look at there budget and the results that they have done. Give some credit where credit is due.
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

m3_lover wrote

You would have to be really smart and knowledgeable to join a F1 team.
I'm waiting for a reply from Renault and Mclaren as we speak
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

m3_lover

You serious or just joking?