[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

CAEdevice wrote:Thanks! I think that this detail is very important (last year there was a part of the engine power not affected by any reduction, maybe 50%, and the other part reduced by a function that, in may opinion could have a linear dependence on the effective cooling flow).
Obviously you are right. When I decided to run MVRC I was able to set everything up rather quick, at least I think so. I was always wondering about what big point I forgot to think about. Two days ago I finally found it and now you are asking for it. I decided that I do not want to change anything a week before the first race and as it affects everyone the same we will now have to live with this. I hope you can all agree that I messed this up but now nothing should be changed anymore.
The biggest challenge will start on Sunday when Chris and I have to check all of your cars and simulate them in time for the published date.

CAEdevice

Ok, no problem, it is a game (a challenge between gentlemen). You are doing a very good job (and Chris too), I just gave my small contribution.

CAEdevice

I have just received the email fornthe first race... and I am back with some questions.

1) We have to include the txt with the footbox and suspensions position, as we did for KVRC?

2) The CoP used in VirtualStopWatch will be the computed one (which algorithm?) or the avarage number between that value and the ideal one (1.65m) as we did in the past?

CAEdevice

Let's make some noise in this silent forum. ☺

If I had to guess the podium of the first race I would choose:

1) JJR
2) Variante
3) HP

Talno, TF (I haven't read anything recently but last year the team performance was improving), CAEdevice could be around 4th place.

Sorry we will not see Mantium Racer on the track.

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote: Sorry we will not see Mantium Racer on the track.
Yes, this is the worst part about MVRC, I would like to see that little car destroy all of you.

Regarding the CoP, it will be the one calculated, then some "track side" corrections will be applied, like last year.

Everyone should have received an email yesterday. It appears that gmail sometimes puts them into the spam folder. Please let me know if you did not receive anything yesterday.

CAEdevice wrote: 1) We have to include the txt with the footbox and suspensions position, as we did for KVRC?
One day you should have a look at the rule book. Section K1.5 answers your question.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
CAEdevice wrote: Sorry we will not see Mantium Racer on the track.
Yes, this is the worst part about MVRC, I would like to see that little car destroy all of you.
There will also be a time for this.
LVDH wrote:
CAEdevice wrote: 1) We have to include the txt with the footbox and suspensions position, as we did for KVRC?
One day you should have a look at the rule book. Section K1.5 answers your question.
I asked because last year suspensions should not be inlcuded into the submitted files.

LVDH

This year neither. But in the text file you have to specify how much you want it moved in Z.

TalnoRacing

CAEdevice wrote:Let's make some noise in this silent forum. ☺

If I had to guess the podium of the first race I would choose:

1) JJR
2) Variante
3) HP

Talno, TF (I haven't read anything recently but last year the team performance was improving), CAEdevice could be around 4th place.

Sorry we will not see Mantium Racer on the track.
My car is based on my last KVRC entry with some changes to comply with the new cooling rules. I have not been successful in getting OF or MantiumWFlow working, so the car for race #1 will be based on the CFD results from my imagination :?

etsmc
etsmc

file uploaded successfully...
good luck everyone.. sure i will need it more than others...
(sorry yes my team is MercuryMotorsport)

LVDH

File received and downloaded. You are the first =D>

I would like to ask all of you to chose meaningful file names. Car_01 is a bad example. YOURTEAMNAME_Monaco_01.zip is much better. Thanks.

CAEdevice

Hi, I tryed with the form but the button "select file" did not work.
I used the "request file" function by DropBox: could you confirm to have received the files?

I finally decided to renounce to a big part of downforce to have rueqired the cooling flow...

LVDH

Yes, you and Talno have uploaded a car there.
And I have to say you are very funny. I assume you did not read the text under the submit button about the submit button somehow not properly working?
For you I will take care of pictogram instructions in the future.
But it does not matter, I guess it is good that I always use backup plans.

TalnoRacing

File uploaded successfully. Having some difficulty with rendering nice pictures, but will try and post something later.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:Yes, you and Talno have uploaded a car there.
And I have to say you are very funny. I assume you did not read the text under the submit button about the submit button somehow not properly working?
For you I will take care of pictogram instructions in the future.
But it does not matter, I guess it is good that I always use backup plans.
Are you joking? I used the Dropbox function because the upload form does not work, as written in the text.
I asked here for a confirmation. Is it a problem if I wrote here instead or writing an email, as written in the text below the button?

Thank you for taking care of me, I appreciate the pictograms idea =D>
Last edited by CAEdevice on 02 Sep 2016, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

CAEdevice

PS: I have some nice renderings but no time tu upload them now, I will send them tomorrow.