[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

etsmc wrote: with the cooling flow silly question but we just double the flow for the whole car?
Yes, after releasing the results I will improve the post-processing tool so it will be more clear next time.

variante

Breaking this silence...
I'll say that Mantium's post processing images are truly awesome: the third great thing, after the discovery of Paraview and SurfaceLIC [-o<
They've given me the chance to see what I couldn't see before... I'm noticing so many aspects of my car that don't work (I shouldn't be so happy though, should I...?).
Also, the new management of boudary layer cells seems to be more..."harsh" towards our beloved airflows, which is good. It would be great to implement second order equations as soon as possible, too!

About my car...
CAEdevice wrote:If Variante's cooling devices are ok I think he will be on the top. Otherwise JJR and HP are the cars that impressed me more.
unfortunately I don't have many hopes about my cooling performance, especially after seeing the post processing images... I'm experiencing a recirculation volume, which is bigger than predicted by OCCFD, just in front of my radiator. Nonetheless, I'm generally happy with my cooling layout.

Maybe I'll release a technical analysis of what doesn't work on my car, why, and what improvements can be made.

CAEdevice

variante wrote: Also, the new management of boudary layer cells seems to be more..."harsh" towards our beloved airflows, which is good. It would be great to implement second order equations as soon as possible, too!
I agree!

I think that with the new cooling rules and the new mesh settings (and without strange tricks with the cooling inlets bc) we will not see unrealistic details and performances with more than 10000N and df/dr ratio above 5 (ex. my 2016 KVRC car).

LVDH

Glad to see that you do not only like the post-processing but notice these small details.
Tomorrow you will get your results. As the entire MVRC staff will be busy with spending a nice weekend my master-plan of releasing them at the standard F1 time will not happen. You will get them a bit earlier. I hope you can all sleep well.

LVDH

OK guys, here you go:
Congratulations to CAEdevice. Lets hope that the tight pack behind him catches up quickly and puts him back to where he feels the most comfortable.

Alonso Fan

Hah, knew I'd be last :)

Congrats to CAEdevice

How much engine power did each team have?

P.S. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in to make this possible. Enjoy your weekend
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

RicME85

Wow MantiumFlow has produced a real shake up of the form book.
Well done guys.
Ive had a look at joining but retro fitting the intro body isnt really that easy,

HP-Racing
HP-Racing

Congratulations CAEdevice!

@MVRC staff: Are there going to be any rule changes für the next race?

CAEdevice

Sorry for the delay, I was busy with a burnout after the finish line.

Thank you to MantiumCAE for organizing the challenge, and to all the teams.
I can't wait to see the numbers and to race in a real (despite virtual) circuit as Nurburgring.

I was sure that I had guessed the podium, but CAEdevice performance ruined everything : I'll do better next time .

variante

Congratulations to Matteo! He's finally fullfilling part of his dream :lol:
Excellent tactical choice too!

Let's wait for the full data to understand to whom we should congratulate :twisted:
HP-Racing wrote:@MVRC staff: Are there going to be any rule changes für the next race?
Ich hope not

CAEdevice

HP-Racing wrote:Congratulations CAEdevice!

@MVRC staff: Are there going to be any rule changes für the next race?
Thank you! Congratulations to you too.

About the rules: 2nd order equations and free areas for cooling inlets/outlets would be welcome.

LVDH

Alonso Fan wrote:Hah, knew I'd be last :)
I checked your car more than once. The discrepancy between the effort you must have put in it and the results are very far apart. You now pretty much have to redesign everything.
CAEdevice wrote: About the rules: 2nd order equations and free areas for cooling inlets/outlets would be welcome.
The rules will not change until the low down force tracks. But I am only planning to relax the restriction on cooling as they are not really necessary and it is your problem how to get the air flow through the radiators.
Second order will probably not come this season. We will have to wait how good your CAD quality gets. But it does not have to improve too much from what I have seen this race. I will be running tests throughout the season with your cars.
variante wrote:
Let's wait for the full data to understand to whom we should congratulate :twisted:
I will try to release all number this evening. Now I have to go, eat fish and drink wine.

etsmc
etsmc

Well a place higher than i predicted so happy with that. .

AratzH

5th place! That is way better than I expected. My car was.... very illegal, can I know how much penalty I got?

Apart of that I'm so happy that we could start the championship again and see that everything went smoothly.

Can't wait to properly try Mantiumflow and start fighting for the podium again!
MVRC -> TF

JJR
JJR

Congratulations to Matteo,Variante and HP-Racing.
Matteo really deserve to win.
Im happy for my 4th plce because my car was illegal.
...lesson learned...