2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

jericho wrote:Come on people! The accident wasn't Max's fault, not this time! Vettel was to agressive and braked to late.
So stop blaming every accident on Max. Spa was his mistake, this one isn't.
Or are all the haters better stewards than the actual stewards at the race, who have more camera images than we have...
- Spa was only slightly his: Vettel >50% MV <20 (maybe less) it happens 30%, Raikkonen ~ 1%
- Here not his, although he lost the car avoiding Rosberg which was predictable (Rosberg not losing it :wink: ), not perfect driving but not fault
- You can only criticize shouting and complaining about the type of move he tried in Belgium but talking is not (less) important

turbof1

iotar__ wrote:
jericho wrote:Come on people! The accident wasn't Max's fault, not this time! Vettel was to agressive and braked to late.
Or are all the haters better stewards than the actual stewards at the race, who have more camera images than we have...
- Spa was only slightly his: Vettel >50% MV <20 (maybe less) it happens 30%, Raikkonen ~ 1%
What in the hell have you being smoking? Common, iotar. Try to alteast construct sentences us lowly mortals can understand.
#AeroFrodo

f1316
f1316

Whatever any of us thinks about Vettel diving down the inside, it was certainly no more reckless than Verstappen's in Spa. Maybe a penalty was deserved today - I for one was bemoaning Vettel at the time for getting involved in so many first lap incidents - but if so, so did Verstappen. Since Max didn't get one, I don't see how Seb can get one.

Anyway, more annoying is how slow the Ferrari was (would Vettel have been so far off the pace?) on another day when Mercedes left the door open.

GoranF1
GoranF1

f1316 wrote:Whatever any of us thinks about Vettel diving down the inside, it was certainly no more reckless than Verstappen's in Spa. Maybe a penalty was deserved today - I for one was bemoaning Vettel at the time for getting involved in so many first lap incidents - but if so, so did Verstappen. Since Max didn't get one, I don't see how Seb can get one.

Anyway, more annoying is how slow the Ferrari was (would Vettel have been so far off the pace?) on another day when Mercedes left the door open.
Only 1 difference...Verstapen actualy made the turn in SPA.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

iotar__

turbof1 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
What in the hell have you being smoking? Common, iotar. Try to alteast construct sentences us lowly mortals can understand.
Which part you failed to understand oh mighty and sober moderator [-o< ? Previous post was about Verstappen's blame for Spa start collision, this post presented opposing view of the situation:
A. "Spa was only slightly his " Max Verstappen's (F1 driver) was only slightly to blame for Spa start collision
B. " Vettel >50%"Sebastian Vettel's blame measured in percentages of blame was approximately 50% which is half and the biggest part of the blame, in short Vettel was mostly to blame for start collision
C. Max Verstappen's (F1 driver) blame was estimated at around 20% or below that
D. "it happens 30%" - general circumstances of a crowded start and three cars taking a corner at the same time - were blamed at the amount of 30 out of 100 units
E. "Raikkonen ~ 1% Third of the involved drivers in Spa start collision, his blame was estimated at 1% (very low, close to 0)
F. All estimations are mine, I can give you reason for each but won't

Now if you want to look for reason when there's none I suggest checking one of the previous post that next to a link of Vettel's penalty put only not a very telling word "unreal" :wtf: .

basti313
basti313

I do not understand the comparison with Spa at all. At Spa the inner car was on the way to the outer apex. No sign of staying on the inner apex, no sign of tun in. And the outer car squeezing to no space.
Here we have the inner car parallel to the apex, maybe half a meter away and the outer car this half meter too close to it.

Now if you do the math on percents, you need to take into account, that here we saw not even 10% of the stupid driving at Spa.
Don`t russel the hamster!

turbof1

iotar__ wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:- Spa was only slightly his: Vettel >50% MV <20 (maybe less) it happens 30%, Raikkonen ~ 1%
Which part you failed to understand oh mighty and sober moderator [-o< ? Previous post was about Verstappen's blame for Spa start collision, this post presented opposing view of the situation:
A. "Spa was only slightly his " Max Verstappen's (F1 driver) was only slightly to blame for Spa start collision
B. " Vettel >50%"Sebastian Vettel's blame measured in percentages of blame was approximately 50% which is half and the biggest part of the blame, in short Vettel was mostly to blame for start collision
C. Max Verstappen's (F1 driver) blame was estimated at around 20% or below that
D. "it happens 30%" - general circumstances of a crowded start and three cars taking a corner at the same time - were blamed at the amount of 30 out of 100 units
E. "Raikkonen ~ 1% Third of the involved drivers in Spa start collision, his blame was estimated at 1% (very low, close to 0)
F. All estimations are mine, I can give you reason for each but won't

Now if you want to look for reason when there's none I suggest checking one of the previous post that next to a link of Vettel's penalty put only not a very telling word "unreal" :wtf: .
You might add a disclaimer: numbers are subjective and based on own opinion :P.

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion on Spa. However, I do feel it's rather similar to what happened in Malaysia. However, I'm feeling unsure on my own opinion as I have the urge to watch a replay. I'll get back on this.
#AeroFrodo

bhall II
bhall II

[Too mean-spirited]
Last edited by bhall II on 02 Oct 2016, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

George-Jung
George-Jung

Schuttelberg wrote:This forum's hate towards Vettel is just unbelievable. Vettel did exactly what Verstappen did at Spa and he apologised for it. What Vettel didn't do is act like a cocky bitch in a post race press conference after.

Just a word on Rosberg's 'T-Boned by a 4xWDC.'

This is an incredibly good day for him and instead of being classy, he's taking digs. Very rich for someone who doesn't know when to turn into corners and when to go straight!!
Hahaha in SPA Vettel drove in to Raikonnen, which than hit Verstappen..

Both races Verstappen did not have any blame..

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

No discussion about Merc breaking the "lead driver pits first" rule yet again? Lewis was on a strategy that meant he had to race a lot harder and this could have contributed to the engine failure. The lead driver rule is a farce, they don't stick to it. Lewis should have been on the winning strategy, instead Merc made it very hard work, perhaps too much hard work for the engine?

cooken
cooken

Really? I think that rule goes out the window when one driver spins into the first turn and ends up near last. They were clearly on different strategies at that point.

Honestly the diatribe that goes on here is just hysterical.

PS:
- Iotar
- can You give it a (break) with your incomprehensible
- 22.3% misleading
- what is he going on with?? even +=
- bullet-form NONSENSE.

I mean come on. Your ideas are hard enough to follow without having to decipher the broken english too.

f1316
f1316

GoranF1 wrote:
f1316 wrote:Whatever any of us thinks about Vettel diving down the inside, it was certainly no more reckless than Verstappen's in Spa. Maybe a penalty was deserved today - I for one was bemoaning Vettel at the time for getting involved in so many first lap incidents - but if so, so did Verstappen. Since Max didn't get one, I don't see how Seb can get one.

Only 1 difference...Verstapen actualy made the turn in SPA.
Undoubtedly Vettel would have made the corner if Rosberg wasn't there - it's a very wide corner - so don't really get your point.

Now obviously Rosberg *was* there, so really Vettel needed to take that into account - as much for his own sake as anything - and I'm not saying he definitely shouldn't have been penalised; the old football expression "I've seen 'em given for less" springs to mind.

But there was much less of a gap when Verstappen absolutely launched it down the inside in Spa. He had to take to the curb for there even to be space, whereas Vettel did not.

So, regardless of right and wrong, the stewards are being very inconsistent. Come to think of it, has Verstappen had any kind of penalty for any of his clashes with Rosberg/Raikkonen/Vettel? Or is it *always* someone else's fault....

nevill3

Surely Rosberg should have left a cars width at the apex of turn 1, I have just watched a replay and Rosberg cut to the apex without leaving room for the car that was there. Vettel had made the apex and was ready to accelerate out of the corner had Rosberg not squeezed him too much. Vettel's penalty should be appealed if possible.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

nevill3

Sainz was able to start his own car on the grid after it switched itself off when the drivers were forming up. Very quick thinking on his part.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

matt_b
matt_b

Diesel wrote:No discussion about Merc breaking the "lead driver pits first" rule yet again? Lewis was on a strategy that meant he had to race a lot harder and this could have contributed to the engine failure. The lead driver rule is a farce, they don't stick to it. Lewis should have been on the winning strategy, instead Merc made it very hard work, perhaps too much hard work for the engine?
Mercedes should've been able to run the fresh engine on 11 and still not be anywhere near the stress of Nico's which had done (spa, monza, singapore, sepang). Mercedes were cautious of what happened last year when they boxed Lewis from the lead and gave away track position so they stayed out this time, Nico was out of position and he went over a lot of debris so it was worth a shot.