QUESTIONS FOR THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (OF MINARDI)

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
felipezsc
felipezsc

QUESTIONS FOR THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (OF MINARDI)

IM GOING TO SEND MINARDIS TECHNICAL DIRECTOR SOME QUESTIONS. SO, IM WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO ASK HIM SOMETHING ASWELL. IF YOU DO, PLEASE PASTE THEM ON THIS MESSEGE BOARD AND I WILL BE SURE TO FORWARD IT TO HIM. EVENTUALLY I WILL PASTE THE ANSWERS ON THIS SITE.

CHEERS,
FELIPE FERNANDES

akbar21881
akbar21881

Ask him to show us the airflow around his F1 car, front wing to rear diffuser. If only any F1 team willing to publish the detail pic of the airflow around their car.

And ask him to compare the design of F2003 GA with his car and choose which one is the best!

Mclaren11
Mclaren11

That is a good question above, but BAR has some pics and a video of a CFD model of their car with the airflow shown at their official website. They are awesome.

Also Coud you ask him about the Prost car versus the Minardi car and the differences and simmilarities that might not be readily available anywhere else.

felipezsc
felipezsc

IM SURPRISED

IM SURPRISED! I IMAGINED THAT MORE PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO ASK QUESTION TO THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR OF MINARDI. I REALLY AM SOME WHAT DISSAPOINTED. THANKS TO BOTH OF THOSE GUYS WHO PUT UP THE QUESTIONS ABOVE. ATLEAST THEY KNOW HOW TO QUENCH THEIR CURIOSITY. ILL LEAVE THIS THING UP FOR ANOTHER FEW DAYS....LET SOME OF YOU GET THE COURAGE TO ASK SOMETHING.

akbar21881
akbar21881

is the question need to be spesific to Minardi? or we can everything we want to know about f1?

General thing about f1:

1)what is the ratio of L/D of F1 car? i heard it is 2.9 - 3.5 , but that was long time ago, F1 cars looks so different now..so it should be another value.

2) what is drag coefficient of F1 car. Is the deflector in front of rear wheel is used to deflect the air coming towards rear wheel, and hence reduce drag?

3) what is the purpose of little winglet in front or rear wheel? it can't be for downforce right? i guess it is there to induce turbulence of air so that air is less dense when it hit the rear wheel and thus, less pressure difference and less drag? i dont know? please ask this question to him.

4) where is the centre of pressure of F1 car? due to weight distribution more towards rear, is centre of pressure more towards front of the car? so front wing has be to powerful than rear wing then?

5)what is the impact of new fuel regulation to car design? is the fuel tank would be made smaller? no one will interested in carrying too much fuel i think.

6) is the downforce is produced solely by front wing, rear wing and diffuser only? or is it the car profile itself also can produced downforce due to its shape( high at front, sloping near rear end)?

7)I understood that trailing edge of front wing has to be 35cm minimum from front wheel centre point(reason why Salo was disqualified at Australia 2000), but isnt moving it further forward will generate more downforce and less disturbance to air behind it that will flow to underside and sidepod?

thats all question i can think now. i have a lot more question to ask but some of them are really hard to translate to words.

cool

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

ask one for me......about the suspension wishbones....if they're still in steel (like last year) or if they're already made from carbon fibre....with steel or titanium inserts!

joseff

The burning question: what are you guys planning to do with those A23s?

And the obvious, which has been mentioned by others here: please please please give us a tour & engineering comments around your car. Or one of the top 3 teams'.

akbar21881
akbar21881

minardi is using cosworth engine isn't it? same as jordan? so how come minardi is so far off the pace?

another question i would like to add to my previous post:

1) F1 engine is optimised for power or torque? is it possible to tune the car engine for torque or power (depends on track) by electronic management? or is it depends on fundamental design of the engine and can't be change easily?

2)which element of front wing produced downforce? is it the bottom one? the upper one doesnt look like wing at all

3) for 3 layer front wing like mclaren used now( and ferrari 2001), which element produced downforce? or are all three of the element work as one aerofoil section with 2 small separation( thats why we see it as 3 element) only to regenerate boundary layer of the flow?

4) is 2004 minardi will be A23 in black? :o is should be good and it was designed with cosworth engine too.

5) with the regulation of standardising the rear wing( season 2004 regulation isn't it? i'm not sure) is it possible to gain the loss of downforce by redesigning diffuser?

thats all.cheers

Steven
Owner

actually... the cosworth for Minardi is a spec that is one year older than that one from Jordan. That may clarify a lot of the difference in pace here akbar ;)

Mclaren11
Mclaren11

I was just reading the other questions and I reilized that in my previous statement I asked about the minardi vs the PROST what I meant was the Minardi vs the ARROWS

I guess I just had a BRAINFART!!!
There are more than 40 lego's for every person on the planet.

akbar21881
akbar21881

ooh...no wonder!

felipezsc
felipezsc

Im going to send the questions at 5 oclock (tuesday) US eastern time....that should be enough time for yall

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

akbar...could you please clafify your questions about the front wing....I'm reading a book on racecar aerodynamics...and I might be able to answer to those questions about the front wing....but first I have to understand what you mean witth them!!!!!

akbar21881
akbar21881

when are we gonna get the answer?