toyota B spec

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Sawtooth-spike

toyota B spec

Toyota have been testing there B spec car (cant find any pics)

But aparently
"This new package is a consequent realization of the change we had with the front suspension," he added. "With this being the major new item, this allows up to fully exploit the aerodynamic and mechanical side of the front suspension. Yet it is still too early to say anything about the performance, because we did not do enough running with it today. On the other hand, with Ricardo's car we concentrated on tyre testing and found some interesting new solutions."
So they have removed the Keel from there car. lets hope this cars better than the last one
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

m3_lover

I wonder if they are going to still present it at Monaco?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

Talking of Monaco couldn't all the teams sacrafice aerodynamics and weight and put guards, and bumpers on the cars and strengthened suspension, that way the drivers could drive hard, make a couple of mistakes and get away with it.

It would take the fun out of the race and my wording is totally fu**ed, I don't mean like a bumper car, so it is meant to be serious.

Why not?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

pyry
pyry

probably because the carbonfibre isnt designed to take lateral impacts and would have to be regesigned. secondly because if you do that you lose your shot at winning, other drivers who dont make mistakes dont want to sacrifice the speed, and those who make mistakes are gonna be at the bottom of the sheets anyhow so why bother
four rings to rule them all

zac510
zac510

I was under the impression that most teams do beef up the suspension components just a bit, just in case.

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

zac510 wrote:I was under the impression that most teams do beef up the suspension components just a bit, just in case.
Yeah, I've also heard of some using Ti suspension arms just in monaco to give a little extra' damage tolerance' (I know its not strictly the correct term, but it'll do :)).

f1.redbaron

TF106B pictures:

http://www.worldracingimages.com/previe ... 52&img=052

http://www.worldracingimages.com/previe ... 52&img=051

http://www.worldracingimages.com/previe ... 52&img=050

Unless I'm blind, there are no external differences...just the new suspension. It's a dud!

m3_lover

It asks for a login??
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

f1.redbaron

m3_lover wrote:It asks for a login??
Try this

http://www.worldracingimages.com/

Click on Guest login, and find the pictures from Paul Ricard.

Sorry for the confusion

ginsu
ginsu

No changes?

Did you see the rockers on that thing? Very extreme, protruding from the nose cone about 5-7cm. This must be to correct the issues with the suspension geometry on the zero-keel layout, making a greater angle between the pushrod and the suspension arms. This is exactly what Steve Machett was talking about and is the main reason why Ferrari have not switched to zero keel layout.

It also looks like they'e changed the winglets near the rear wheels on the thing, although it's hard to see in the picture, but it looks like they've attached them to the chimney, ala Ferrari.
I love to love Senna.

yelowca
yelowca

Personally i hate Toyota cause all they do is spend millions of dollars on a horrible racing product. I think they should rethink their upper management role with regarding F1 and replace them cause they dont know how 2 run an F1 team. Look who they signed for like a $20m contract per year, and he hasn't done anything. Im pretty sure Gascoyne will another job very soon and that other team will be sucessful. It shows you that all the money in the world can do --- for you.

joseff

It's ironic how they switched to zero-keel for aero benefits, and now added the rocker pods. That can't be good for aero!

Regarding the chimney-mounted winglets, IIRC Ferrari's keep their traditional sidepod supports. The only teams with chimney-only mounting are RBR and Toyota.

There seem to be some minor changes to the sidepod intake winglets as well. But there doesn't seem to be major aero changes. Good comments Ginsu, we await your usual gearbox pics :)

zac510
zac510

ginsu wrote:Did you see the rockers on that thing? Very extreme, protruding from the nose cone about 5-7cm. This must be to correct the issues with the suspension geometry on the zero-keel layout, making a greater angle between the pushrod and the suspension arms.
I don't think it would change the geometry, strictly speaking. It probably just modifies the rocker travel rate relative to the wheel travel rate. They might have needed to raise them like that to obtain a linear (or ideal) ratio.

kkobayash

so looks like its 3 teams now using these 'rocker protrusions' on the nose cone.

Honda in San Marino
http://www.hondaracingf1.com/php/image_ ... &size=1024

Redbull and now Toyota.

All have zero keel as well i think.

ginsu
ginsu

Zero keel setups significantly increase the loading on the pushrod because the pushrod is no longer in ideal alignment to translate the vertical bump and compression forces into the rocker thus into the damper and springs.

There seem to be two ways to solve this, increase the height at which the pushrod meets the rocker, or move the mounting of the pushrod up the onto the lower wishbone instead of leaving it on or near the hub. Started a thread on this a while ago if people want more info:

viewtopic.php?t=2303

Personally, even with the aero issues, I would raise the rocker. Otherwise you would have to build up the lower wishbone to take the additional force, and that would increase your unsprung weight.

Also, we don't know how bad those rocker protusions really are for the aero. They may not be that bad. Not sure though.
I love to love Senna.