2016 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, 07-09 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2016 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, 07-09 October

iotar__ wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:As a fan, I really enjoy the driver's press conference on Thursdays. I like Hamilton, but he was really unprofessional and disrespectful towards the media and the fans today. His answers were vague and seemed to care less about the questions. He kept asking people to go to his Instagram account to see how he feels and for the full duration was on his iPhone. I rather hear from some other driver who doesn't disrespect my feelings. I know how to use Instagram and other social networks, but I don't tune in to the DPC for nothing.

He's become a superstar but instead of telling us how 'blessed' he is like a PR Robot, may be he can show the fans some respect and humility.
Outside of track so who cares, that's the problem for people paying him (Mercedes) and buying it (crowd). Awkward "mind-games" are OK too but outright lies are something different. Thankfully journalists are doing the job for him this time with questions and titles like that "Rosberg not worried over engine failures deciding title" (http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rosbe ... le-835334/). How about "team-orders deciding the title"? Forgot to ask Hamilton that?
I care and I'm sure a lot of people tuning in care. I'd rather another driver and get an insight into his thoughts than someone who wastes my time and doesn't have any regard for a 'fan' of the sport. I'm guessing you're also paying to watch F1 whether on TV or on the internet, so I'd like the world champion to respect the fact that I'm doling out hard earned cash to hear his thoughts.

It's easy to be warm to fans and the team when winning, quite another in such times. It's absolutely fine to be yourself, but there are limits. Kimi is quite averse to such an environment but I've not even seen him be so careless about it!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

GPR-A duplicate2

iotar__ wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:As a fan, I really enjoy the driver's press conference on Thursdays. I like Hamilton, but he was really unprofessional and disrespectful towards the media and the fans today. His answers were vague and seemed to care less about the questions. He kept asking people to go to his Instagram account to see how he feels and for the full duration was on his iPhone. I rather hear from some other driver who doesn't disrespect my feelings. I know how to use Instagram and other social networks, but I don't tune in to the DPC for nothing.

He's become a superstar but instead of telling us how 'blessed' he is like a PR Robot, may be he can show the fans some respect and humility.
Outside of track so who cares, that's the problem for people paying him (Mercedes) and buying it (crowd). Awkward "mind-games" are OK too but outright lies are something different. Thankfully journalists are doing the job for him this time with questions and titles like that "Rosberg not worried over engine failures deciding title" (http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rosbe ... le-835334/). How about "team-orders deciding the title"? Forgot to ask Hamilton that?
Rosberg has suffered a number of mechanical issues throughout his Mercedes stint, including an ERS failure that denied him an outside chance at the championship in Abu Dhabi in 2014 - but he has been largely unaffected this year
F1's pseudo journalism at its finest. The fact that author lists ERS in AD '14 but not:
- A. new engine failure in Monza, B. old engine failure in Monza, C. pedal failure in Russia, D. engine problems at the start in Suzuka = four problems in 3 consecutive races, deciding '15 championship
- or servicing substance contamination from Singapore '14 is very telling.

Secondly "largely unaffected" '16 is another outright lie, even if limited dishonestly to only technical problems:
- in Austria Rosberg lost more points than Hamilton in Spa through a combination of factors that included suspension failure, grid penalty and brake problems. BTW wouldn't that be the perfect place to repay Monaco team orders considering he was quicker (including SC erasing the advantage) even though the lead was through pitstop/strategy. It was undercut, tyres and timing of pitstop favouring Hamilton instead.
- Canada - combination of dirty driving, punctures and fuel problems that were connected to them
- Spain + Monaco - costing more than Malaysia through crash, lack of grid penalty, team orders and huge lack of botched pitstop
- gear-box in GB and so on including penalties, bad pitstops, bad iphones ;-) and weird strategy.

raksf1
raksf1

I think force india will score well

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Some photos courtesy of AMuS.

Gaz.
Gaz.

I rarely, if ever care what the drivers do out of the car, but I make an exception for Kimi who I find incredibly rude, and Hamilton playing with his bloody phone in the PCs.
Forza Jules

PlatinumZealot

Ha ha.. you fans can never be pleased. He is human and humans have changeable moods.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Facts Only
Facts Only

And at least it shows that they actually care about what they do, I'd rather hear them p'od and moody than spouting the usual "for sure" "I want to thank the sponsors" meaningless waffle.

How can anyone find Kimi 'rude' either? Pretty much everything he says is worth listening too, 1/2 the time just for the comedy value. My favourite so far this year was "what the --- is this blue --- everywhere" (or something very similar) in Azerbajen.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

While the media are spinning "disrespect" Hamilton has a different view.
https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/statu ... 4192753664

Sonador
Sonador

Press conferences are so boring, and to serious!

So me likes a bit of banter ....

I cant imagine how it is like to be asked the same questions year in year out.

"how do you feel"

"Why arent you friends with Rosberg anymore"

Bla bla bla bla, there are not to many good journalist left anymore, that is the real problem!

nevill3

What will the pole time be this year if it is a dry race? Times have been dropping all year at other tracks will we see a reduction here too?
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

godlameroso

1:29's?

Lap time is about 2.5-3 seconds shorter here than Malaysia, and since pole there was a 32.8.

Race pace probably starts in the mid 38's down to 35's.
Saishū kōnā

A-Bap

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Ha ha.. you fans can never be pleased. He is human and humans have changeable moods.
Everyone has moods. What we saw today was adolescent behavior.

A-Bap

ChrisDanger wrote:While the media are spinning "disrespect" Hamilton has a different view.

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/statu ... 4192753664
What did he think would be fun about watching him tuned out with his nose in his phone? When he spoke he was a total dud.

If he really cared about making the PC more interesting, he could have done a million other things than busy himself with an inside joke between himself and his InstaG followers. So I have to call bullsh*t on this.

But about what he actually did say, I've noticed Lewis is quite the game player with his word choices and body language.

For example, he freely talks about his relationship with God on his social media posts.

But when asked about his mechanical issues it seems he goes out of his way not to use that word, and instead talks about "the guy above" or "a higher power" with a sort of half-wink in his eye.

A-Bap

Sonador wrote:Press conferences are so boring, and to serious!

So me likes a bit of banter ....

I cant imagine how it is like to be asked the same questions year in year out.

"how do you feel"

"Why arent you friends with Rosberg anymore"

Bla bla bla bla, there are not to many good journalist left anymore, that is the real problem!
But there was no banter. Lewis was either busy on his phone or giving dud/cryptic/terse responses. How is this improving things? It wasn't funny, interesting or anything like that. He was childish.

dans79

Who the F cares, the pre-race press conferences are worthless.
197 104 103 7