Track limits, rule enforcements, good sportsmanship etc

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: Track limits, rule enforcements, good sportsmanship etc

So after having a really clean race and with 2 laps to go , you straight line a couple of chicanes and win the race. Nice.

Only joking of course. I totally agree we need some electronic way of sorting this out. The Stewards are clearly not capable.

I cant see why that idea wouldn't work, 2 strikes then each time after that a 5 sec penalty added to your race time or pit stop, and if done in qualy, you lap time is removed. Simple, and i bet if this was enforced, loads of drivers would suddenly stay on track a lot more.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

mertol

Crapmasters will never make a good racing game. Iracing has the best system. It gives you an incident point when you go on the grass a little bit. If you accumulate a lot of incident points you eventually lose your license. If you blatantly cut corners you have to give the time back (each corner requires different amount to give back) within something like 30 seconds otherwise you get black flag. If you cut even more - like cutting half the track you instantly get the black flag.

Shrieker

Yeah iracing is great in that respect. I enjoyed racing there a lot while my wheel was still intact :|You can't run around wiping out people. Maldonado would've gotten his license revoked in iracing :mrgreen:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

NathanOlder

Anyone still on iRacing, now i have my simulator set up in the loft , i will sign up soon and get going.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Webber2011
Webber2011

I do believe that there is a gaming thread 😞

mertol

This should be possible in F1 it looks good and is exciting. Maybe give them 1/3 of a penalty point or something. Nobody will exploit the track limits if they can only do it 36 times per season.

santos
santos

mertol wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 16:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywsB65YfLOQ

This should be possible in F1 it looks good and is exciting. Maybe give them 1/3 of a penalty point or something. Nobody will exploit the track limits if they can only do it 36 times per season.
Nop... this isn't racing. It't more like cheating. Exciting is beating the rival fair and square.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

That move was not good racing and it wasn't exciting either. Thankfully, F1 wouldn't let him get away with that.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

roon
roon

Have a rule that states x% of total track length must be traversed per lap. 99% or whatever. Such that a driver can legally clip one or two corners per lap, depending on radius.

Odometers and/or GPS could validate distance travelled. Official track length measurement based on ideal line, or centerline, perhaps.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

how about:

just let them race,
and if all are cutting corners, penalize all, not just one.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"