McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
henra
henra

Re: McLaren MP4-32 Speculation Thread

SR71 wrote:
the EDGE wrote: I use the word genius here in the literal sense. And that's based off the description given to Newey by his own peers, including PP.
Agreed! Most people admire drivers. Being a more Tech person my self I admire Newey. In my Eyes he is a genius. His best cars are always looking simple. That is also an indication of Genius for me.
The last couple of years the regulations were to tight for him to really shine plus having an underpowered engine in his cars. This Year's changes give me some hope that some of his Genius may shine through again. And carry the fight to the Merc. With two great drivers all my hopes for an interesting season are resting on him and Max/Daniel since Ferrari will as always manage to find a creative way to f**k up and Bottas will not be able to keep Lewis busy.

FrukostScones

no tail fin on the McLaren :arrow: :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

WaikeCU

Inb4 Mclaren posts something along the lines of "Orange is the new Black". :D

the EDGE
the EDGE

henra wrote:
SR71 wrote:
the EDGE wrote: I use the word genius here in the literal sense. And that's based off the description given to Newey by his own peers, including PP.
Agreed! Most people admire drivers. Being a more Tech person my self I admire Newey. In my Eyes he is a genius. His best cars are always looking simple. That is also an indication of Genius for me.
The last couple of years the regulations were to tight for him to really shine plus having an underpowered engine in his cars. This Year's changes give me some hope that some of his Genius may shine through again. And carry the fight to the Merc. With two great drivers all my hopes for an interesting season are resting on him and Max/Daniel since Ferrari will as always manage to find a creative way to f**k up and Bottas will not be able to keep Lewis busy.
FYI, it was a good post, sadly however... I did not write it, that credit belongs to SR71 :wink:

WaikeCU

Guys, I can confirm how the 2017 livery will look like on the Mclaren. My mate who works for Honda confirmed it, but doesn't share the pic he took for obvious reasons. It's going to be mainly light grey with black/red/dark orange accents, there is Castrol sponsorship and there's a new sponsor as well, but my mate can't tell what it says.

godlameroso

Light grey with orange accents doesn't say much. :x
Saishū kōnā

proteus

WaikeCU wrote:Guys, I can confirm how the 2017 livery will look like on the Mclaren. My mate who works for Honda confirmed it, but doesn't share the pic he took for obvious reasons. It's going to be mainly light grey with black/red/dark orange accents, there is Castrol sponsorship and there's a new sponsor as well, but my mate can't tell what it says.
I have only one problem with it:

Change the green with red....
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

namao
namao

WaikeCU wrote:Guys, I can confirm how the 2017 livery will look like on the Mclaren. My mate who works for Honda confirmed it, but doesn't share the pic he took for obvious reasons. It's going to be mainly light grey with black/red/dark orange accents, there is Castrol sponsorship and there's a new sponsor as well, but my mate can't tell what it says.
I dunno nothing about the new livery but I'm sure that it will be the same as the MP4-31 (black) but with more orange in it, instead of red. Orange and black. More black than orange.

Redragon

That Facebook picture or twitter head is showing the main three colours of the livery. black with tones of orange and white.
Last edited by Redragon on 29 Jan 2017, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.

WaikeCU

proteus wrote:
I have only one problem with it:

https://formula1.files.wordpress.com/20 ... ers_11.jpg

Change the green with red....
namao wrote:
I dunno nothing about the new livery but I'm sure that it will be the same as the MP4-31 (black) but with more orange in it, instead of red. Orange and black. More black than orange.
Well, how my mate explained it, I sorta thought... wait a minute... that's exactly like a Force India, but then he told me it's kind of MP4/4'ish where the white is light grey and the Marlboro red is orange and black. He also said the cockpit part is orange, but it doesn't run down towards the back. It's just that part of the cockpit, which is orange. He also couldn't tell exactly of the pictures he took if it was red or orange, until he zoomed in on it. So maybe it's kind of a orange with tint of red. Perhaps a pearlescent of orange and red. That, I can't confirm tho.

However, team wear has changed as well. Those ugly checkered flag kind of designed polo shirts are now gone and replaced by a grey polo with black, orange accents and sponsors in white.

I can tell it's reliable. My mate works for Honda a few years already. He's working overtime at the Brussels motor show this past weeks. Friday Stoffel came by on the Honda stand as a special guest to do some publicity stuff and so on. He tried to socialize with him, but I guess Stoffel has moved up the ladders already since the press all wanted a piece of him. Back in 2014 when Stoffel was still in the lower formulas, he came in his office where my mate works and shook everyones hands, socialized and such. Back then he was just that Belgian talented driver who works for McLaren. Now two years later, he's in that second seat full time. How time flies...

Marco Alves
Marco Alves

Appeared now, but it's just a facebook McLaren fan page, so it's not official, and should be only an interpretation of the new livery.

ME4ME

That looks brilliant! :)

skoop
skoop

ME4ME wrote:That looks brilliant! :)
I think taht's really really ugly. God I hope the livery wont be anything like that

Formula Wrong

skoop wrote:
ME4ME wrote:That looks brilliant! :)
I think taht's really really ugly. God I hope the livery wont be anything like that
The "main livery" doesn't look too bad imo; but the BP-logo looks out of place and doesn't fit to the rest.
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

I'm sorry but I thought this was a technical thread? All livery discussion should be in team thread?