McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Redragon

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

MCL is commercially better, even an idiot would read it as Mclaren. Me I like it.

roon
roon

FrukostScones wrote:first (technical :mrgreen: )drawing surfaced:

https://d33f60vhp9oy9p.cloudfront.net/m ... awings.jpg
In an bid to manage expectations for the upcoming season, McLaren have chosen to drop association with their long history of racing cars, and name their 2017 contender after a line cabinetry used in a recent remodeling of the Woking-based outfit's cafeteria. A rumoured faux wood vinyl appliqué is to be used on the exterior of the car instead of the traditional silvers, greys & orange associated with the historic racing team. Spy shots indicate a leather-trimmed "landau wing" may also be in the works, the function of which remains a highly guarded secret.

Andres125sx

AMG.Tzan wrote:And why on earth would you name your car MCL and not just M32?? you could have at least held a bit of heritage in there!
Maybe because they compete with Mercedes, and a simple M might be misleading. With MCL there´s no doubt at all

Andres125sx

FrukostScones wrote:first (technical :mrgreen: )drawing surfaced:

https://d33f60vhp9oy9p.cloudfront.net/m ... awings.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thunder

I'm ok with the Name Change. They want a restart, so may aswell change the Car's Name.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

I would have liked McL-32 :D

FJCA

Hi,

I' searching info about the Malrboro Mclaren "rocket red" color history behind.

Only those who have seen a Mclaren painted with the colors of Marlboro in person has been able to perceive that that "Malrboro" red color is really a kind of "phosphorescent oranged red" or
"phosphorescent reddish orange" which according to my research, is designed to appear better on television or photographs than the normal red color because this color, the normal red color, was very dark in photos or television.

As I said before, only those who have seen a Mclaren painted with the colors of Malrboro in person, has been able to perceive the real beauty of that color especially in those piloted by Senna or Prost.

Searching for information, I even read that when Marlboro went to Ferrari in 1997, the Scuderia had to "pay" the price of changing its tone of red for the same reason. But I'm not interested in the history of Ferrari.

The doubt that I would like to solve, the curiosity I have, the story I would like to know is about who had the idea to paint the Mclaren with that fabulous "phosphorescent oranged red", because I consider it to be one of the most iconic decorations of F1 in its history and it can not be denied, a whole success in terms of marketing.

Any information you can provide me will be welcome, books, websites, etcetera.

Thank you. :)

Marco Alves
Marco Alves

Maybe this is not the right place, but here it goes. a little helmet livery spoiler from Stoffel Vandoorne.

NathanOlder

Stoff running No.2 ?

Not the number (47) he used in his 1 off race. I thought the drivers had to stick with their choices.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ScrewCaptain27

McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

McLaren just posted this on Twitter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/McLarenF1/st ... wsrc%5Etfw
Last edited by ScrewCaptain27 on 05 Feb 2017, 20:19, edited 2 times in total.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

kaepernickus

NathanOlder wrote:Stoff running No.2 ?

Not the number (47) he used in his 1 off race. I thought the drivers had to stick with their choices.
The 47 he used in Bahrain was just a temporary McLaren number for their reserve driver.

cliffgamerz
cliffgamerz

Fernando will like the new No.2 driver. :D

Thunder

#aerogollum

PlatinumZealot

Car will be mostly black again to stand out from the crowd. Only a few orange highlights like a fractal like thingy...
I bet.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Thunder

10 Days.....
#aerogollum