Ferrari 2017 Contender Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f1316
f1316

Re: Ferrari 2017 Contender Speculation Thread

absbeginner wrote:
f1316 wrote:Hadn't seen this mock-up shown in the article before:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1ePWywRSwp4/ ... AAnxye.jpg

If nothing else, hope they go with this shade of red!
It's just this photo of the Renault RS16 repainted:

http://res.cloudinary.com/duruakdfm/ima ... c93u6z.jpg
Good point! :)

Still, my point was really that I like the paint job - primarily the shade of red used but also a return to black wings would be pretty cool.

GPR-A duplicate2

f1316 wrote:
absbeginner wrote:
f1316 wrote:Hadn't seen this mock-up shown in the article before:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1ePWywRSwp4/ ... AAnxye.jpg

If nothing else, hope they go with this shade of red!
It's just this photo of the Renault RS16 repainted:

Still, my point was really that I like the paint job - primarily the shade of red used but also a return to black wings would be pretty cool.
That shade of Red is...... just......... Sexy !!!!! I want to see that Red without any white, ANYWHERE.....

But I have feeling, they would turn up with something lousy.

f1316
f1316

GPR-A wrote:
f1316 wrote:
absbeginner wrote:It's just this photo of the Renault RS16 repainted:

That shade of Red is...... just......... Sexy !!!!! I want to see that Red without any white, ANYWHERE.....

Seems like, from the rumours, the white could be a thing of the past; but yeah, trying not to get my hopes up on what they will come out with.

JaqDRipper
JaqDRipper

f1316 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
f1316 wrote:

Seems like, from the rumours, the white could be a thing of the past; but yeah, trying not to get my hopes up on what they will come out with.
So long as it's all red, I actually don't care if the car is Rosso Corsa or Rosso Scuderia!

Just. No. More. White.

f1316
f1316

The 2007 livery was proper Rosso Corsa (Wikipedia reckons only from Monaco onwards but don't personally recall the change) and was all red despite the prominent Malboro sponsorship:

I suppose the logic in recent years has been that, since they can't write the name of their main sponsor any more, the livery has to represent the logo, but let's hope they've got over that this year and can actually define the livery for aesthetic reasons.

Black wings or all red works for me.

bhall II
bhall II

f1316 wrote:Wikipedia reckons only from Monaco onwards but don't personally recall the change.
Prior to Monaco, it was painted Rosso Scuderia...

Holm86

bhall II wrote:
f1316 wrote:Wikipedia reckons only from Monaco onwards but don't personally recall the change.

http://i.imgur.com/nAiqg7Q.jpg
Looks more like the current red.
I like the Rosso Corsa better, then add black wings instead of white, and golden wheels :D

CriXus
CriXus

I really like the orange shade in Rosso Scuderia. What was the reason for changing the color to Rosso Corsa?
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

dmjunqueira

Holm86 wrote: I like the Rosso Corsa better, then add black wings instead of white, and golden wheels :D
That would be perfect!

Gridlock

As I understood it the paint on the Ferrari changes according to lighting, the year, etc etc. It's not right to say they've run Rosso Scuderia or whatever because they're constantly playing with it for the cameras, to get that shade right?

Isn't there a Rosso Miami in there too? Or did I dream that?

f1316
f1316

bhall II wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/nAiqg7Q.jpg
I stand corrected!

Personally dislike the Rosso Scuderia. The corsa is the racing colour of Italy and so, if you're going to have a red Ferrari (as opposed to a yellow one) it should be Corsa.

Apparently it was indeed because of cameras that they added the orange - but the aim ought to be to get the camera to pick up the Corsa colour, which is not achieved by Rosso scuderia.

bhall II
bhall II

Holm86 wrote:Looks more like the current red.
I like the Rosso Corsa better, then add black wings instead of white, and golden wheels :D
It pretty much is.

To be fair, Rosso Scuderia looks much better in the flesh or in photos taken by someone who's not addicted to HDR, which isn't something that can be said of many F1 photographers at the moment.

EDIT: Here's a (somewhat) decent comparison between Rosso Scuderia and Rosso Corsa. SF15-T was launched with the same color as F14 T, but Arrivabene ordered the change during winter testing.

(I really wish I didn't remember --- like this.)

donskar
donskar

They can paint it pink, yellow, or purple for all I care -- as long as it is fast.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

trinidefender
trinidefender

donskar wrote:They can paint it pink, yellow, or purple for all I care -- as long as it is fast.
Sounds like someone isn't a true tifosi, I kid of course

SR71

I really hope for the red and black as well.

One thing I respect about the Tifosi, they respect consistency (performance jokes aside) - they would cry murder if Ferrari showed up with a different livery.

I get really tired of other team fans complaining every season because they want a new livery.

Like Mclaren ditching the chrome, the last true original livery that they could have owned for a century and every sponsor looks good on it.

Good luck to the SF17, whatever color you may be...