2017 Williams Martini Racing Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Re: 2017 Williams Martini Racing Team - Mercedes

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Williams FW14B runs for first time since 1992 on 40th anniversay
By Lawrence Barretto

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... nniversary

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

waynes
waynes

i was there on friday. great to see the FW14B in the flesh on circuit and also the six wheeler :)

did the pit walk and managed to get a few autographs. decent day and a fantastic turnout. looking forward to the british grand prix.

few pics. taken with my mobile so not super high res

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Vanda Electrics are a Singapore based electric mobility company. The Dendrobium hypercar is a 100% electric, 200 mph teardrop shaped 2 seater with a no doubt eye watering price tag.
It was developed by Vanda Electrics and Williams engineering, and although they won't release any technical details just yet, it's clearly not going to be a G-Wizz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3HOMHANe44

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Sevach
Sevach

Stalker1 wrote:
01 Jun 2017, 23:19

OK, thank you for you thoughts! It is interesting also that Massa talk about these issues like his planning to stay with the team for another year!? Am I crazy?
I remembered your question when i read this: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-m ... 18-914860/

Carinni
Carinni

Massa delivers with this gen car, n his salary is not high, sounds logical to extend this contract one year more. Beneficial to the team.

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

I found this article where it says the price paid by daddy Stroll: ..."Stroll brings $50 million to the Grove team"...

per year I will guess !!!

F1 - Don’t assess Stroll until 2018 - Stewart
"He is being treated unfairly and gratuitously"
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Don- ... 17349.html

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Is this the reason Paddy Lowe choose to come to Williams !?

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Jord ... 17370.html

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING AND CANADA LIFE ANNOUNCE NEW PARTNERSHIP
07 JUN 2017

WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING and Canada Life are proud to announce a new multiyear agreement to support Lance Stroll as he continues his debut season in Formula One.

It had been over ten years since a Canadian driver lined up on the Formula One grid, but this year Lance will take to the track for his home Grand Prix in the same year that Canada celebrates its 150th birthday, and his hometown of Montreal celebrates its 375th. As part of the agreement, Canada Life branding will appear on Lance Stroll’s race overalls and on the Williams Mercedes FW40 race car from this weekend’s race.

The announcement comes in the build up to this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix. As part of the event, Lance was joined by Canadian Olympic gold medallist, Alexandre Despatie, to speak with soon-to-be graduates of the Pathways to Education Verdun programme. The teens had the opportunity to hear the inspirational stories about the obstacles that both athletes have faced in their careers and how they persevered.

Every year, thousands of young Canadians drop out of high school – a decision that costs them for the rest of their lives. Pathways to Education empowers young people to achieve their dream of graduating. As part of its approach of giving back to the community, Canada Life has been a longstanding supporter of Pathways to Education and their mission to transform Canada into a Graduation Nation.

“At age 18, Lance is a Canadian all-star and the up-and-coming man to watch in Formula One,” said Jeffrey Orr, Chair of the Board at Great-West Lifeco Inc. “We are very excited to cheer on Lance as he works tirelessly to achieve success in Formula One.”

Claire Williams, Deputy Team Principal, added: “We are delighted to welcome Canada Life as a partner. As an organisation, Canada Life’s dedication to the financial, physical and mental well-being of the Canadian community is exemplary. Family and community is also at the core of everything we do at Williams, and we are proud to share these similar core values. I look forward to sharing a successful partnership for the foreseeable future.”

About Canada Life

Canada Life, together with Great-West Life and London Life, serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada. Responsible and ethical management is an intrinsic value of the companies and is essential to long-term profitability and value creation. The companies are subsidiaries of Great-West Lifeco Inc. and members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies.

LookBackTime
LookBackTime