2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
santos
santos

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Vasconia wrote:
ringo wrote:I think Ferrari deserves an unequal share. The are the indentify of formula1.
I don't think F1 will have any prestige without Ferrari. Imagine, for a moment, a Formula1 race without the red cars?
From the outside looking in, we will see some cars named after some relatively unknown british guys, a sugary drink, some french car, mercedes.. which isnt really an exciting brand. Formula1 needs ferrari.
I agree that Ferrari itself is a great historical value for F1 but does it justify to receive more money and have some political privileges? I have my doubts.
That is like saying... "Real Madrid, Barça, Bayern... they all are historical and have the most fans, but they should receive the same as Apoel FC.

Afterburner

santos wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
ringo wrote:I think Ferrari deserves an unequal share. The are the indentify of formula1.
I don't think F1 will have any prestige without Ferrari. Imagine, for a moment, a Formula1 race without the red cars?
From the outside looking in, we will see some cars named after some relatively unknown british guys, a sugary drink, some french car, mercedes.. which isnt really an exciting brand. Formula1 needs ferrari.
I agree that Ferrari itself is a great historical value for F1 but does it justify to receive more money and have some political privileges? I have my doubts.
That is like saying... "Real Madrid, Barça, Bayern... they all are historical and have the most fans, but they should receive the same as Apoel FC.
I don't think they should receive the same, first of all, how much Ferrari brings (fans, passion, credibility, etc) to the sport and how much Force India does, for example? How much stability Ferrari gives to F1 and how much stability Mannor, or Sauber, or even Renault bring to F1?

It's like watching the spanish league without Barcelona and Real Madrid, or Motogp without Valentino Rossi, i pay to watch Motogp because of Valentino, not because of Marquez or Lorenzo...

TAG

In a world that's really into an austerity model of thinking for a lot of global economies at the moment, this type of comment would be labeled as "entitlement".

I don't remember the last time I saw a Ferrari commercial on television, do you? Ferrari's racing budget *IS* their advertising budget. You can say that Ferrari need F1 more, I mean a team that hasn't won in nearly a decade to claim that it's indispensable to the sport is a rather fanatical POV.

I want Ferrari in the sport, I want the strongest Ferrari possible in the sport, but that strenght needs to come from within the team not because they have more money awarded them them just for showing up.

You're a more popular team, fine, you sell more brand chachkies like Ferrari cologne or Ferrari sneakers...
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Afterburner

TAG wrote:
In a world that's really into an austerity model of thinking for a lot of global economies at the moment, this type of comment would be labeled as "entitlement".

I don't remember the last time I saw a Ferrari commercial on television, do you? Ferrari's racing budget *IS* their advertising budget. You can say that Ferrari need F1 more, I mean a team that hasn't won in nearly a decade to claim that it's indispensable to the sport is a rather fanatical POV.

I want Ferrari in the sport, I want the strongest Ferrari possible in the sport, but that strenght needs to come from within the team not because they have more money awarded them them just for showing up.

You're a more popular team, fine, you sell more brand chachkies like Ferrari cologne or Ferrari sneakers...
That's an unrealistic opinion, F1 had more audience when Ferrari was dominating than when Redbull and Mercedes were dominating, F1 is losing fans now.

Ferrari is one of the most powerful brands in the world, talking about marketing when they have cars valued like the 250 GTO it's insane, when the name Ferrari is associated to anything everyone knows what it means.

"Ferrari is the world’s most powerful brand. The legendary Italian carmaker scores highly on a wide variety of measures on Brand Finance’s Brand Strength Index, from desirability, loyalty and consumer sentiment to visual identity, online presence and employee satisfaction. Ferrari is one of only eleven brands (including Google, Hermès, Coca-Cola, Disney, Rolex and F1 racing rivals Red Bull) to be awarded an AAA+ brand rating and has the highest overall score.

Brand Finance Chief Executive David Haigh stated, “The prancing horse on a yellow badge is instantly recognizable the world over, even where paved roads have yet to reach. In its home country and among its many admirers worldwide Ferrari inspires more than just brand loyalty, more of a cultish, even quasi-religious devotion, its brand power is indisputable.”

Source: http://brandfinance.com/news/ferrari--t ... ful-brand/

santos
santos

TAG wrote:

Ferrari doesn't need to make a tv commerial. Ferrari made me watch F1 every single weekend, and if they leave... well, maybe i would see a race from time to time. After that, i would loose the interest.
I don't need them to win all the championships. They don't have to become the strongest. They already are... stats don't lie.

Vasconia

santos wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
I have have added "much", I mean, I can understand if the team receives more but perhaps it should be a greater balance between the top teams.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

santos wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Not only are you making strawman arguments but they aren't overly consistent with reality. La Liga is forever criticised for the overwhelming inequality in favour of Barca and Real Madrid, especially in comparison to the EPL. Furthermore, the only time when these teams could face is in the Champions league, which has a far more equitable prize distribution compared to F1.

donskar
donskar

Excellent post, ringo. Ferrari is far more important to F1 than any other team. If Ferrari leaves F1, viewership will go down, and attendance will get even worse. The key here is my mantra:
It's not a sport; it's a business.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Eddie_Temple
Eddie_Temple

donskar wrote:
Excellent post, ringo. Ferrari is far more important to F1 than any other team. If Ferrari leaves F1, viewership will go down, and attendance will get even worse. The key here is my mantra:
Plus, it's quite funny that even with 90m in free cash Ferrari still cannot win a race. Makes their year after year drama all the more entertaining - if you look past how sad it truly is.

I still think their historical payment should be tied to bringing entertainment value to the fans. If you cannot win a race in a season, you do not get your free 90million. Who could really argue with that? Threaten to leave the sport because of that? Sure go ahead, you should quit something you realistically cannot win.
Welcome to the layer cake, son.

TAG

santos wrote:Ferrari doesn't need to make a tv commerial.
Correct, that's what I said, they don't make commercials because F1 is their advertising business. If they left F1, they'd have to advertise. Winning in the LMP1 class is just as expensive, and in no way as financially rewarding as an investment as F1 as they'd never be able to achieve a cost neutrality there.
santos wrote:Ferrari made me watch F1 every single weekend, and if they leave... well, maybe i would see a race from time to time. After that, i would loose the interest.
You're a better man than most, because the Ferrari fans I associate with all complain of how boring things are and how they miss races regularly now because Ferrari is being held back by regulations in favor of Red Bull and Mercedes. I always wrestle with that kind of logic, because you're either a fan or you're not it can't be both. I respect that Ferrari has die hard fans, and fans that know the history of the sport but you've got to remain planted in reality because fans that argue their team can do no wrong are likely not going to get a lot of progress, just excuses.

santos wrote:I don't need them to win all the championships. They don't have to become the strongest. They already are... stats don't lie.
In sales it's always about what have you done for me lately. Unless you have purchased a new Ferrari, or some of their merchandise (hopefully a lot of Ferrari chachkies) you're not making them any money whatsoever by watching F1 every weekend.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A duplicate2

Afterburner wrote:F1 had more audience when Ferrari was dominating than when Redbull and Mercedes were dominating, F1 is losing fans now.
F1 is losing audiences not because Ferrari is losing. F1 had great audiences in 80s and early 90s when Ferrari wasn't winning. There are multiple sporting and commercial reasons for why the viewer ship is falling.

On the Sporting side,
1. The cars in the last decade became slower and slower and drivers moaning that the cars are not challenging to drive, has contributed to build the reality that F1 isn't challenging anymore.
2. Processional racing for great part of last decade, brought the show down.
3. The one greatest and the most attractive element of F1, the SOUND, was taken away in 2014. No one was happy with the vaccum cleaners moving around the track.
4. Complicated rules that makes following a race harder and harder.

On the Commercial side:
1. Bernie's hunger to milk as much money as possible from Race organizers lead to France, Turkey and Germany stopping the show and F1 moving into the Asian markets. Though it is good have Asian Markets, the attendance is only expected mostly on the track and less on TV.
2. Rising costs of attending races, compared to what they were a decade ago, has driven away viewers from circuits.
3. TV broadcast changed from "Free to Air" to "Pay per View". Not everyone is willing to pay to watch slow, processional and lifeless (sound) racing on the track.

It is the characters like Fangio, Clark, Piquet, Mansel, Prost, Senna, Schumacher and Lewis that draw the crowds. Just look at last year's Silverstone (Lewis) and Spa (Verstappen) races and you will know how much a driver can pull the crowds. It's not for nothing that Bernie wanted certain characters to win the championships, because that was good for F1.

Would I continue to watch if Ferrari is gone? I would. There is nothing joyful that Ferrari has given in the last decade, except pain and letdown. Their presence adds a commercial value, but not a sporting anymore. If I have enjoyed watching Red Bull and Mercedes putting together sporting excellence, I can watch anyone else too.

Besides, we have lost many great manufacturers and teams from F1 in so many decades, but the show has gone on. Of course Ferrari would be missed if they choose to leave, but it's a matter of time to get over it. They should stay in the sport for their performances, not because they are the old grandma of racing.

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:
Would I continue to watch if Ferrari is gone? I would. There is nothing joyful that Ferrari has given in the last decade, except pain and letdown. Their presence adds a commercial value, but not a sporting anymore. If I have enjoyed watching Red Bull and Mercedes putting together sporting excellence, I can watch anyone else too.

Besides, we have lost many great manufacturers and teams from F1 in so many decades, but the show has gone on. Of course Ferrari would be missed if they choose to leave, but it's a matter of time to get over it. They should stay in the sport for their performances, not because they are the old grandma of racing.
I mostly agree with all you have said but I think that Ferrari´s relevance is greater than you imply. The loss of this team would crealy damage F1 so I hope it doesn´t happen. Many passionate fans of this team would loose interest in F1 and those audiences are enough low.

GPR-A duplicate2

Vasconia wrote:I mostly agree with all you have said but I think that Ferrari´s relevance is greater than you imply. The loss of this team would crealy damage F1 so I hope it doesn´t happen. Many passionate fans of this team would loose interest in F1 and those audiences are enough low.
No one in their right minds would want Ferrari out. No matter how volatile their performances have been over the years. I am sure, everyone in the world wish for a successful and class leading Ferrari. All I have said is, if Ferrari themselves choose to leave OR made to leave, would I stop watching and why would I continue.

Gridlock

I thought that when Mercedes came back as a works team, Ferrari lost a lot of their cachet. We now have two global brands who were there at the birth of F1. Losing Ferrari would not hurt the product as much as before - especially as McLaren evolve into a supercar maker, and Mercedes do similar with high-end AMGs.

If Lamborghini entered, forget about it.

bauc

Gridlock wrote:I thought that when Mercedes came back as a works team, Ferrari lost a lot of their cachet. We now have two global brands who were there at the birth of F1. Losing Ferrari would not hurt the product as much as before - especially as McLaren evolve into a supercar maker, and Mercedes do similar with high-end AMGs.

If Lamborghini entered, forget about it.
I disagree with the fact that if F1 losses Ferrari everything will be okey. I'm against Ferrari to be so privileged in terms of payments ect, but no Ferrari in F1 - HELL NO!

Last's year survey done by GPDA in which more than 250.000 people participated showed that No.1 in the fan base is still Ferrari, followed by Mclaren and Williams. Lets face it, more than half of the people born in the 80's and early 90's are now the biggest following group of F1 and most of them are still hard-core Ferrari fans. The last thing F1 needs is to loose more fans by loosing Ferrari, not to mention the damage it would cause to the brand of F1.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg