2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JonoNic

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

NathanOlder wrote:And now they move him out of sebs way.

Dont get me wrong, I have no problems with this, I just cant understand people saying Kimi never helps Vettel
What's exactly your issue? Both Ferrari and Mercedes did it this year. So please explain your point.
Always find the gap then use it.

NathanOlder

My point is. Why do so many people here claim kimi doent help seb.

Now you please Explain
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

JonoNic

NathanOlder wrote:My point is. Why do so many people here claim kimi doent help seb.

Now you please Explain
It's obvious that both teams does it. Nothing to explain.
Always find the gap then use it.

NathanOlder

I know both team do it. I can happily say that as a Hamilton fan. Over the last few days I have had multiple users in this thread try and tell me Kimi hasn't helped Seb once this season. Its hilarious how deludes some of Vettels fans can be. Anyway ill leave this thread now. I don't need to explain anymore. Anyone with a TV will see how I was right.
Last edited by NathanOlder on 12 Jul 2017, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

F1NAC

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 15:01

Now you please Explain
He just doesnt have speed that is needed to endanger at least one Mercedes. I'm talking ofc about fight in WCC. With Seb finishing every race in front of at least one Merc isnt helping when Kimi is down the grid. OFC that kimi would help Seb but he just doesn't have that pace needed to lets say qualify at least in front of BOttas. I would like to see his form like in Monaco during Q but yeah. it seems that it was a one of.

ALSO worth noting is that Kimi battled hard against Seb in China lets say. But i didnt see any fight between both Mercs (Bahrain, Spain.. )

outsid3r

F1NAC wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 16:34
NathanOlder wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 15:01

Now you please Explain
He just doesnt have speed that is needed to endanger at least one Mercedes. I'm talking ofc about fight in WCC. With Seb finishing every race in front of at least one Merc isnt helping when Kimi is down the grid. OFC that kimi would help Seb but he just doesn't have that pace needed to lets say qualify at least in front of BOttas. I would like to see his form like in Monaco during Q but yeah. it seems that it was a one of.

ALSO worth noting is that Kimi battled hard against Seb in China lets say. But i didnt see any fight between both Mercs (Bahrain, Spain.. )
I think you get the same TV coverage as I (and many others) do :D

munudeges
munudeges

Well, when you have a team that clearly does not care about you, where you end up with a lion's share of car issues that reflects the attention to detail and where you get B status strategies, that sums up exactly the position Raikkonen is in.

IMO the Merc is still the fastest car and there are still a large number of points available, so if Hamilton can overhaul the deficit to the point where Vettel can't win the championship I think we will magically see Raikkonen start to improve and get the upper hand again like last season. This will also coincide with a load of expletive laden radio messages from Vettel.

If I were another driver who saw himself stepping up and winning races, like Sainz, I'd honestly steer well clear of that seat. Marchionne poking his nose into team affairs again does not inspire confidence.

Raleigh
Raleigh

Ferrari hung Kimi out to dry again, leaving him out very long in an attempt to hold up Bottas, in the process completely compromising Kimi's own race against Ricciardo and Hamilton.

If I was Kimi I would leave, he is not being allowed to compete with Sebastian and this is a miserable swansong to a champion's career.

giantfan10
giantfan10

Raleigh wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 00:57
Ferrari hung Kimi out to dry again, leaving him out very long in an attempt to hold up Bottas, in the process completely compromising Kimi's own race against Ricciardo and Hamilton.

If I was Kimi I would leave, he is not being allowed to compete with Sebastian and this is a miserable swansong to a champion's career.
A stop this stuff Please! lol... Kimi did this all to himself... he is basically a large weight around Ferraris ankles dragging them down.
Race after race he loses at least 2 positions at the start for some mystery reason and then muddles around doing nothing productive for the rest of the race.
Kimi at this point is a liability....
Based on the car he has he should have been on the podium in this race... third.

marvin78
marvin78

I don't see that he, given his speed, is capable of competing with Vettel. So what's your point? At the moment, trying to get RAI in front of VET is like getting VAN in front of ALO.Kimi seems to be a good guy but Ferrari does the right thing beacuse Vettel is clearly faster at the moment (that can change to the end of the season, I think).

Vasconia

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 14:53
Ferrari currently using kimi to help seb right now. I guess you lot will tell me thats not the case pmsl
At least he did a better job holding back Hamilton, because his pace hasn´t been good again.

NathanOlder

Yeah, he did a good job at it,

Well done Kimi , we wont win the constructors with you, but we may get Seb another title.

Get Alonso in there and have a serious go at the WCC
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 11:02
But so could Hamilton and i think Hamilton would me more motivated to do so at Ferrari than Alonso returning there.

Also, wasn't there some speculation or news that Marchionne was going to be replaced? Would that influence the F1 team somehow?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Mandrake
Mandrake

Nathan your attempt at trolling here is jsut too obvious. Like getting people to feel better about Hamilton because he was openly helped by Bottas.

For yesterday's race I cannot imagine any situation in which Kimi would have come 3rd, the position he HAS TO REACH IN THAT FERRARI! Even while trying to undercut Hamilton I'm sure he would have been passed by Hamilton. So it's Kimi massively underperforming vs. the car's speed that is costing Ferrari the WCC (if it does in the end). For front positions they can only rely on Vettel. It was the same in Monaco. Kimi could not have won on pace, just by Pit Strategy to his favour.

Bottas on the other hand is showing serious pace, confidence and does not fail under pressure. He's gonna create more than a couple of headaches at Mercedes. Maybe this is going to be a repeat of 2007. Ferrari with the slower car in qualifying not able to win the races even if the race pace is on par / slightly better but being helped by the Mercedes drivers taking points off each other.

Hail22

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 13:43
NathanOlder wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 11:02
But so could Hamilton and i think Hamilton would me more motivated to do so at Ferrari than Alonso returning there.

Also, wasn't there some speculation or news that Marchionne was going to be replaced? Would that influence the F1 team somehow?
Sergio Marchionne said he will be leaving at the end of his contract in 2019. Fiat is currently looking for his replacement even though its two years away.

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/busines ... b3add.html

http://fcauthority.com/2017/06/fca-ceo- ... interview/
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve