2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Thunders wrote:You have a Dartboard with Eric's Face on it at Home don't you? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Abarth

Manoah2u wrote:I'd keep Capito thousand times over Bouillier, especially regarding what Capito achieved versus what Bouillier achieved in F1.
And I would do exactly the opposite of what you would do....
Just ask Peter Sauber or Beat Zehnder, how the Jost Capito stage at Sauber has been, back then.

Only time will tell, but it doesn't seem that Boullier did not achieve something, and with a rather restricted budget, that is.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Abarth wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:I'd keep Capito thousand times over Bouillier, especially regarding what Capito achieved versus what Bouillier achieved in F1.
And I would do exactly the opposite of what you would do....
Just ask Peter Sauber or Beat Zehnder, how the Jost Capito stage at Sauber has been, back then.

Only time will tell, but it doesn't seem that Boullier did not achieve something, and with a rather restricted budget, that is.
for real?
He subsequently moved to Ford, where he stayed for a decade and where he was responsible for pushing through development of the Focus Mk1 RS, which in its WRC form took the World Rally Championship manufacturers' crown in 2006 and 2007

Capito joined Volkswagen in May 2012. During his time there, Volkswagen dominated in the WRC, winning a hat-trick of both Drivers and Constructors Championships
https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/01/ ... r-mclaren/

Why signing Jost Capito as new F1 boss is the right move for McLaren

Capito is 57 years old and has been around the block in motorsport; his current stint at Volkswagen since 2011 proving hugely successful in World Rallying, where the team is serial world champion. He worked in F1 as head of Ford in the days when it powered Jordan GP and also had a stint at Sauber in the late 1990s.

In his early career he worked with the legendary BMW engineer Paul Rosche, then moved to Porsche where he headed the motorsport department, before switching to Sauber.

his reputation and career highlights will carry weight with Honda. Communication between Honda and McLaren has been challenging, largely as they worked to align their expectations.

His presence will also add a layer of protection for Eric Boullier the race team boss, to get on with his job and focus on the team and its engineers to make the progress that is desperately needed. He will still have extensive dealings with Honda, but Capito will provide an extra buffer, a man who speaks their language, so to speak.

Capito also has an excellent relationship with the FIA in the back corridors of the sport.
and really, the Sauber / Zehnder Sauber stage in 1996? You are talking about the errorsome Zetec-R V10 engine?
you are blaming that fully on Capito? :roll: :lol:

Also; Actual engine DNF problems for Sauber in 1996:
#02 Brazil : Both drivers
#12 Hungary : Engine, 1 driver.
#14 Italy : Engine, 1 driver.
4 times.

Have there been many retirements for Sauber in '96? yes, but that is the same for a big chunk of the field.

A glimpse at the results of the 96 season show it wasn't that bad at all. Yes, the engine was a step back from the V8 before that. Capito's fault? Hardly. Instead, everywhere he went after that touched into gold like midas himself.......

and really, Beat Zehnder? :lol: :lol:
He is team manager at Sauber for 20 years. I hold him as much responsible for the failure that is Sauber thanks to Kaltenborn or keeping her at this point. what has he achieved in 20 years? the only form of success for Sauber was their BMW days, and that was due to BMW, not to Zehnder or anybody else....... :roll: :roll:

Capito was THE person of hope for a stable and promising future for Mclaren. They DITCHED him. #-o

He might have even been capable of bringing back TAG [ not tag heuer ] engines or Porsche / VW / Audi engines to F1.

Mclaren - Audi. That sounds interesting.
A partnership between Mclaren and Audi would be VERY interesting i'd say.
Thinks about Mclaren's electronics and Audi's E-Tron. P1, anyone? E-Tron, anyone?

Black-Red Mclaren, actually being Audi colors, too.
Mclaren MP4-RS1 E-Tron?
ok, so i'm getting offtopic here vastly.

that will not happen period now.

Mclaren has seriously, but really , really, really seriously shot themselves in the foot by ditching Capito.
They shout their left leg by dirty dumping Ron Dennis and appointing American Zak Brown, and then decided that limp was not big enough and now shot in their right leg where Jost Capito just has been placed.
Instead, the grease-blob blocking vision and fluent movement in the form of Bouillier is kept in place,
aswell as incompetent people like Matt Morris.

The biggest asset Mclaren has at this point is Peter Prodromou, but i wouldn't be surprised to see their killing spree move on and ditching Prodromou, or seeing him move to Ferrari by himself due to the environment.
I'm relatively neutral towards Goss, but i think they did wrong by appointing him in the position he is in now. I personally believe he faired better or was better in place before his promotion in 2011.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Anyway, as for the 2017 contender, do people realise that there's a 90% certainty that they will NO LONGER be called MP4-XX ??

After all, the MP4 designation came from Ron Dennis' Project 4 Racing, his F2 and F3 racing team back then in 1981, resulting in McLaren Project Four.
In other words, with Dennis having been doublecrossed, i'm dubious he's going to accept that it's going to stay a MP4-designated car.

Meaning, we could see a Mclaren MF1/17 or something like that.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

And who the hell are you to judge on that?

Also,
it's *rich*. not ritch.

Abarth

Manoah2u wrote:[[...]and really, the Sauber / Zehnder Sauber stage in 1996? You are talking about the errorsome Zetec-R V10 engine?
[...]
Wow. Chill.

You didn't get my comment. It had nothing to do with the results.
About 15+ years ago, I learned how Peter Sauber and beat Zehnder thought of Capito. (It was when it was announced that he was going to Ford).
Sorry too long ago, and I can't bring any evidence in form of a link.

And an advice: Don't take all these F1 things too serious. It steals you time and shortens your life, as it really seems that you are agitated.

bauc

GoranF1 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:Anyway, as for the 2017 contender, do people realise that there's a 90% certainty that they will NO LONGER be called MP4-XX ??

After all, the MP4 designation came from Ron Dennis' Project 4 Racing, his F2 and F3 racing team back then in 1981, resulting in McLaren Project Four.
In other words, with Dennis having been doublecrossed, i'm dubious he's going to accept that it's going to stay a MP4-designated car.

You are really rich and have nothing to do, or are you just really bored?
You've hit another bottom on the Mclaren subject #-o
Last edited by bauc on 21 Dec 2016, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Abarth wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:[[...]and really, the Sauber / Zehnder Sauber stage in 1996? You are talking about the errorsome Zetec-R V10 engine?
[...]
Wow. Chill.

You didn't get my comment. It had nothing to do with the results.
About 15+ years ago, I learned how Peter Sauber and beat Zehnder thought of Capito. (It was when it was announced that he was going to Ford).
Sorry too long ago, and I can't bring any evidence in form of a link.

And an advice: Don't take all these F1 things too serious. It steals you time and shortens your life, as it really seems that you are agitated.
sorry if it seems that way, i'm not agitated.
I have no personal experience on Capito so i wouldnt be able to comment there.

No evidence needed, such a long time ago is difficult to bring. i am curious on what it is you mean by that - honestly, not agitated, let's be clear about that.

As far as I know, Capito was with Ford BEFORE he had a stint with Sauber, as after Sauber's stint, he went to Volkswagen - atleast that is the information i have gathered, but there can be some gaps.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

did a rant on a post, no longer needing to dwell in the past, it's all fine.
ignore this post.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 22 Dec 2016, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

Scuderia1967

Manoah2u wrote:Anyway, as for the 2017 contender, do people realise that there's a 90% certainty that they will NO LONGER be called MP4-XX ??

It's not the first time Ron Dennis has been ousted from McLaren (remember that little Stepneygate matter?), and in those years the cars were still called MP4-something...

GoranF1
GoranF1

Manoah2u wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

You are really rich and have nothing to do, or are you just really bored?
you know, the more i see this comment, the more irritated i get.
it's of nobody's business and i am the LAST person on earth that is waiting for anybody's 'approval',
anybody's 'care' or anybody's 'comfort', and it is even less your business, but for the sake of your rather
insulting bluntness and inaprropriate response, i'll let you know that at the very moment I am fighting
thyroid cancer and getting treatments for it. How the effin ef i then spend my off time and recovery time
is completely up to me, so how about you put a sock in it and think about that for a moment.
yes this comment has agrovated me deeply, for real.

Perhaps you should take example of people that really are 'fans' of the sport and who don't solely take a armchair
approach but actually like to participate in a community of assumed like-minded people and bring something
worthwile, like LookBackTime for example is rather active in the Williams thread, which i assume is down to him
being a great fan of Williams. You should appreciate that there are people out there bringing news and information
to the table in a organised matter so it's easier to 'binge' on the matter has one the desire for such.

And lastly, does it really matter if one is 'rich' enough that he doesn't need to be a slave of society to fill tax pockets?
Or that somebody works their behind to the bone like a slave and when he's done his work, has his darn civil right
to do what he/she likes to do? And likewise should someone be bored all day, or rather have fun on a F1 forum,
or would you rather see them vandalise your neighbourhood so you have another thing to complain about?

really, what the hell.

end of rant.
i've spit it out.
done.
thank you.
i didnt know you are sick so i apologize.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

TAG

GoranF1 wrote:i didnt know you are sick so i apologize.
you're apologizing for the wrong thing. the point isn't that he's ill.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

kptaylor
kptaylor

Off topic, but saw news Dennis and Ryan may be in the running to take over Manor now that the previous deal is off the tracks. Maybe Capito would be a part of that effort.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... ver_Manor/

diffuser

“What's in a name? that which we call a rose....By any other name would smell as sweet.”