2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Only the best driver is able to arrive with chances of being champion to the last race having a boycott of his boss throughout the championship, that is ALO, id yielding to his feet because McHonda has the best pilot of the whole grid.

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

Speaking of the McHonda 3.3s deficit with respect to MER, at most 2s is Honda's responsibility and at least 1.3 is from McLaren.

A greeting to all my name is Juanjo.

Jolle
Jolle

JuanjoTS wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 20:32
Only the best driver is able to arrive with chances of being champion to the last race having a boycott of his boss throughout the championship, that is ALO, id yielding to his feet because McHonda has the best pilot of the whole grid.
one of the qualities that make you a or the best driver, is getting in the right car at the right team at the right time (and know when to get out). If Alonso is crap at one thing, its that....

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Jolle wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 22:17
JuanjoTS wrote:
one of the qualities that make you a or the best driver, is getting in the right car at the right team at the right time (and know when to get out). If Alonso is crap at one thing, its that....
I'd say that this is mostly (if not solely) down to pure luck. Nobody can be certain of who's gonna win and when, otherwise they would be mediums and not drivers. Of course you can see who has potential and who not but again, not a single chance to predict something with certainty... Wasn't this year the year of Red Bull (thinking sensibly) ? One would assume that RB would make the best chassis and beat Merc. So far, it's the 3rd team. Also, the luck factor comes even more to play since driver's current contracts play a huge role and also the available seats at that time. You can't say I will go to this team from 2017-2020 and then from 2020 I will go to the other team because this one will be stronger. (even regulations are not formed that early). Anyway, I fully agree that Alonso has one of the worst lucks in whole F1 history in that respect.

Stalker1
Stalker1

JuanjoTS wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 21:59
Speaking of the McHonda 3.3s deficit with respect to MER, at most 2s is Honda's responsibility and at least 1.3 is from McLaren.

on what bases you are saying this?

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

Stalker1 wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 23:03
JuanjoTS wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 21:59

on what bases you are saying this?
1 ° on what basis are you to blame Honda for the 3.3 s deficit?
2nd, my base is the comparison with Toro Rosso
3rd is easy to fool a McLaren fan, high aerodynamic load, good cornering, low speed (drag) .... McLaren fans ... "oh what a good chassis and what a bad engine"

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

Jolle wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 22:17
JuanjoTS wrote:
Why Mercedes went to create their own team? Why a madman preferred to lose the world to give it to his godson ... In the qualification always the last attempt for Ham, more posibilidsdes to improve, in race the pretext was, as Ham is in front orders in strategy ... result 109 points ALO 109 Ham points ... if you do not have enough here there is more

http://blogs.20minutos.es/formula-1-alo ... -en-2007/

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

Tomorrow is the vervain proof for McHonda, reliability, consumption, regeneration, tire wear (chassis), etc.
I wish that everything works well, Honda deserves it, McLaren deserves it and ALO deserves it.
But if it does not go well is not the apocalypse, this year I firmly believe that McHonda will finish on the podium,

proteus

I will take only Q2 into the account where Alonso was 2,3 seconds slower if im not mistaken. The Q2 is a part of the qualifying where the cars are not jet reved to the max. That comes in Q3. So, in general we can somewhat assume that average gap of Mclaren to lets say Mercedes is somewhere between 2-2,5 seconds, which is honestly not that bad considering they have unreliable, untested and detuned engine with the chasis which has 2-3 times less testing mileage than the leading team. The other faact of the matter is that tomorrow both of the drivers wont finish the race. If they manage to sort the engine problems and finaly achieve it to work properly, than the leading edge of the midfield is theirs. It seems electrical deployment is not such an issue as it was in troublesome 15 season, or is it still?

And yes, their peak performance gap to Mercedes is more than 3 seconds, but in a race noone pushes its car to that level of performance so results from the Q1 and Q2 are more reasonable for a race comparison.
Last edited by proteus on 26 Mar 2017, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

proteus

JuanjoTS wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 00:22
Tomorrow is the vervain proof for McHonda, reliability, consumption, regeneration, tire wear (chassis), etc.
I wish that everything works well, Honda deserves it, McLaren deserves it and ALO deserves it.
But if it does not go well is not the apocalypse, this year I firmly believe that McHonda will finish on the podium,
The fact of the matter is that probably both drivers will retire. We all have to prepare ourself for it. And its a bit unfair to say only Alonso deserves good running, like Vandoorn is there just to fill the seat.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

proteus wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 00:25
I will take only Q2 into the account where Alonso was 2,3 seconds slower if im not mistaken. The Q2 is a part of the qualifying where the cars are not jet reved to the max. That comes in Q3. So, in general we can somewhat assume that average gap of Mclaren to lets say Mercedes is somewhere between 2-2,5 seconds, which is honestly not that bad considering they have unreliable, untested and detuned engine with the chasis which has 2-3 times less testing mileage than the leading team. The other faact of the matter is that tomorrow both of the drivers wont finish the race. If they manage to sort the engine problems and finaly achieve it to work properly, than the leading edge of the midfield is theirs. It seems electrical deployment is not such an issue as it was in troublesome 15 season, or is it still?

And yes, their peak performance gap to Mercedes is more than 3 seconds, but in a race noone pushes its car to that level of performance so results from the Q1 and Q2 are more reasonable for a race comparison.
I take the time of Q2 of McHonda and that of Q3 of Mer, my opinion is that McHonda in Q2 was as if it were Q3. It is not so bad knowing that the Honda engine can not go to maximum revs and has much room for improvement "easy".
Pd; Neither can McHonda push as in Q2
Last edited by JuanjoTS on 26 Mar 2017, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

proteus wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 00:27
JuanjoTS wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 00:22
The fact of the matter is that probably both drivers will retire. We all have to prepare ourself for it. And its a bit unfair to say only Alonso deserves good running, like Vandoorn is there just to fill the seat.
VAN is a young driver with a lot of future, does not have the urgency of ALO to win, that's simply why I referred only to ALO, of course VAN deserves a good car too 😉

SR71

JuanjoTS wrote:
Mass Damper

GhostF1
GhostF1

[-o<
godlameroso wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 16:35
Jef Patat wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 12:46
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alon ... 85949/?s=1
I think I extracted the maximum from the car, so I'm happy in that sense. But probably there's nothing to celebrate being 13th.
That's the feeling I have as well. After testing I was expecting so little that this feels like a victory. But compared to last year they've gone backwards (for the time being).
They improved .7 seconds over last year, it seems like a pitiful development of last year's car, this cannot be all they were able to eke out of the new regulations. It really is disappointing how little they've improved compared to the others. Especially when the cars are supposed to be 3 seconds faster, they really seem to have under delivered.
They aren't 3 seconds faster though... at least not yet.
Pole lap this year was less than 2 seconds faster thab pole lap last year. So I think that comparison is hardly representative of reality.

godlameroso

The Mercedes this year has better straight line speed than last year with more drag and weight, and the grip in low speed corners is no better than last year, only in high speed turns do we see a difference. These changes don't really make sense to me unless there's a lot of development planned ahead.
Saishū kōnā