2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Singabule wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 02:27
Outside 3 is a big task and almost impossible to reach for STR, but third best engine still realistic. So there is still no confirmation for engine updates?
well Albert Faberga said spec 4 will debut in Mexico couple this with Hasegawa saying they don't want to take penalty in Suzuka and COTA and it makes perfect sense , however Hasegawa said
So from that point of view Malaysia could be a chance but it's too soon to say. It will be difficult so I cannot confirm."
you gotta ask your self what is so difficult about a new spec 3.7 PU its already available for sometime now , so is Hasegawa hinting about debuting spec 4 in Malaysia instead of Mexico even for just FP1.
para bellum.

etusch

Singabule wrote:
Outside 3 is a big task and almost impossible to reach for STR, but third best engine still realistic. So there is still no confirmation for engine updates?
Being 3d fastest team is really hard and only can be if Honda make great engine. But they can be 4th fastest if Honda support them with money too

mclaren111

Autosport:
Honda is changing its Formula 1 engine development strategy for the remainder of the 2017 season, with focus now on one big upgrade for McLaren rather than several smaller improvements.
Hasegawa:
"One of the points is we want to minimise the engine upgrades for the rest of the season, but that is because we'd like to get the maximum results within this year," said Honda's Formula 1 project leader Yusuke Hasegawa.

"Previously we just prioritised the performance improvement because any improvement is continuing for next year, so we didn't need to hesitate to introduce upgrades.

"But now we won't be working together with Stoffel and Fernando next year, that means we want to concentrate on this year's results for McLaren.

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

They will be looking at their pool of engines and know they need one more to get to end of season. That additional engine will be the Spec 4.

It's about points now so will manage the pool accordingly. Before it was update....penalty....breakdown....update..... Now it's all about using the engines they have Spec 3.5/6/7 and the one new Spec 4 to gain points.

loner

loner wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 06:12
Singabule wrote:
well Albert Faberga said spec 4 will debut in Mexico couple this with Hasegawa saying they don't want to take penalty in Suzuka and COTA and it makes perfect sense , however Hasegawa said
So from that point of view Malaysia could be a chance but it's too soon to say. It will be difficult so I cannot confirm."
you gotta ask your self what is so difficult about a new spec 3.7 PU its already available for sometime now , so is Hasegawa hinting about debuting spec 4 in Malaysia instead of Mexico even for just FP1.
sound right hmmmm

Albert Fabrega ES @ AlbertFabrega 5h 5 hours ago
More
Honda is working to advance its latest evolution d engine for the Japanese GP. There would only be one unit available.
para bellum.

HondaRaceReplica
HondaRaceReplica

I asssume that one Spec 4 engine will be assigned to Alonso for the best possible result....Is Honda making one last ditch effort to convince Alonso to sign with them instead?...Wouldn't that be ironic if he signed with Toro Rosso instead after Honda proved that their PU was making immense progress with the introduction of said Spec 4?... :D

Joseki
Joseki

Alonso probably signed the deal with McLaren this weekend, he was at Woking and he even recorded a message for McLaren fans about 2017 and 2018. I expect an announcement in the next few days.

Probably a 1 year deal or a multi-year deal with exit clauses, he wants to be free to move in 2018, both Mercedes and Red Bull will have 2 open seats, and 1 at Ferrari.

adrianjordan

Joseki wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 22:59
Alonso probably signed the deal with McLaren this weekend, he was at Woking and he even recorded a message for McLaren fans about 2017 and 2018. I expect an announcement in the next few days.

Probably a 1 year deal or a multi-year deal with exit clauses, he wants to be free to move in 2018, both Mercedes and Red Bull will have 2 open seats, and 1 at Ferrari.
Slightly OT but Mercedes and Hamilton have all been talking about a new contract for Hamilton. I would say that it is most definitely a case of when, not if, that is signed.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

techman
techman

I´ve always prefered McLaren staying with Honda, but they´re far from fools, if they renounced to Honda they must have some strong evidences Honda will not be as competitive as Renault next season

let see if they can be quicker than redbull, there is no doubt in my mind that redbull will beat that overated chassis in 2019. and it will help honda look better in peoples eyes, as honda took all the blame and bs from mclaren and that crybaby.

Joseki
Joseki

Honda fans should be happy to have their engine in another car, there's no need to discuss it anymore.

Alonso Fan

techman wrote:
28 Sep 2017, 10:44
I´ve always prefered McLaren staying with Honda, but they´re far from fools, if they renounced to Honda they must have some strong evidences Honda will not be as competitive as Renault next season

let see if they can be quicker than redbull, there is no doubt in my mind that redbull will beat that overated chassis in 2019. and it will help honda look better in peoples eyes, as honda took all the blame and bs from mclaren and that crybaby.
So you agree with him, but don't want to admit it
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Andres125sx

techman wrote:

Sorry but I can´t see any coherence between my reply you quoted, and your reply... I was talking about Honda and Renault PUs, and you quote me talking about McLaren and RBR chassis?? :roll:

There´s any relevance? Or you just felt the need to bash McLaren and Alonso with no reason?

Anycase, you must be thinking when Alonso said that famous "gp2 engine", that lack of power was due to Mclaren chassis.... or when he´s said "no power" around 20 times in past three seasons, that was McLaren responsability, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
28 Sep 2017, 18:31
techman wrote:

Sorry but I can´t see any coherence between my reply you quoted, and your reply... I was talking about Honda and Renault PUs, and you quote me talking about McLaren and RBR chassis?? :roll:

There´s any relevance? Or you just felt the need to bash McLaren and Alonso with no reason?

Anycase, you must be thinking when Alonso said that famous "gp2 engine", that lack of power was due to Mclaren chassis.... or when he´s said "no power" around 20 times in past three seasons, that was McLaren responsability, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only thing clear in his mind is what he wants to happen in 2019. Nobody is even thinking about the 2019 chassis yet. Never mind if RBR will be running a Honda PU in 2019. For all we know is Newie will end up back at Williams in 2019!

etusch

diffuser wrote:
28 Sep 2017, 19:10

The only thing clear in his mind is what he wants to happen in 2019. Nobody is even thinking about the 2019 chassis yet. Never mind if RBR will be running a Honda PU in 2019. For all we know is Newie will end up back at Williams in 2019!
Newie = Adrian Newey ?
I am sure he will leave williams after a few months

ClarkBT11

Well I hope it works out for Mclaren and Honda. They've both got racing pedigree and fan base that deserves better results. In an ideal world we should have Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull competing for both championships, and we wouldn't have to get our handbags out over politics and engines. Too many cooks spoil the broth (FIA, Works teams, Shareholders) springs to mind.