Chassis dimensions

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Hungfan
Hungfan

Chassis dimensions

I need some help regarding chassis dimensions as lenght, fron-rear track and wheelbase for rotational inertia simulation ( I use a 9 slab model) for 2006 season cars. I only have complete data for Honda and the rest is incomplete. I appreciate any help or if you have some HD pix that would help too. Thnx

manchild
manchild

You can find dimensions at http://www.fia.com under technical regualtions including tehcnical drawings.

Dimensions of 2006 cars :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/

Hungfan
Hungfan

Thanks!!! should have dug a little bit more :oops:

Encelado
Encelado

Just one question Hungfan: how do you happen to have complete complete data for Honda? I do not think teams give them out so easily...

Cheers
"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically." A. Einstein

Hungfan
Hungfan

data regarding chassis and visible dimensions: hi -res pix and relative ratio comparison and maths make it easy to get very reliable data (would call it scientific approximation), good enough to work with, I just thought they are available and would save me some time and energy... but nope:)

Ciro Pabón

Re: Chassis dimensions

Hungfan wrote:I need some help regarding chassis dimensions as lenght, fron-rear track and wheelbase for rotational inertia simulation ( I use a 9 slab model) for 2006 season cars.
What is a 9 slab model?

I am right now trying to simulate times for Catalunya assuming the car is a point ( :oops: ), any help will be appreciated... but I am just doing a simple dynamic simulation, using (please, don't laugh) Excel.
Ciro