Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marmer
marmer

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

GPR-A wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 16:22
CBeck113 wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 16:07
GPR-A wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 12:54
Lewis had issues with Nico because of Nico's dirty and filthy ways. That's about it. It seems like being egoistic, dirty and filthy is in DNA of German racing drivers, at least those who happen to be in race winning cars.

If Vettel (Ask Webber) or Alonso doesn't get paired with Lewis, it is more to do with their evil ways. Lewis has always said he doesn't care who they pair him with.
I'll assume that you have a problem with the ways of Schumacher, Rosberg (who was only German on paper, but yeah it fits here) and Vettel, which is ok, but I think you're missing an important aspect - they aren't more or less evil than other drivers, they are unable to hide it as well - it's a culture thing, and makes them look quite badly when compared with other drivers. OK, and maybe they were willing take it a bit too far as well....try things others may not have attempted. But without them the last 20 years would have been boring as hell...
Michael offered waaaay more than a few hard nosed instances. He is an iconic figure for F1. But Vettel and Nico haven't done anything to warrant such respect as Michael did (a huuuge fanboy here). I am only including him for those on track antics for being a German.

We also had people like Fangio, Clark, Mansell, Prost (arguable for off track) and Mika who also offered great battles without being nasty on track. So, F1 would still be lovable sport without the likes of Vettel and Nico.
VET will be remembered as a great of the sport he is currently 4th in total wins and 4th in total championships and better than senna and he have been in f1 as long a senna was and will go on to do more. he is young enough to catch Michael if he gets good cars behind him.

Jolle
Jolle

marmer wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 16:49
GPR-A wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 16:22
CBeck113 wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 16:07

I'll assume that you have a problem with the ways of Schumacher, Rosberg (who was only German on paper, but yeah it fits here) and Vettel, which is ok, but I think you're missing an important aspect - they aren't more or less evil than other drivers, they are unable to hide it as well - it's a culture thing, and makes them look quite badly when compared with other drivers. OK, and maybe they were willing take it a bit too far as well....try things others may not have attempted. But without them the last 20 years would have been boring as hell...
Michael offered waaaay more than a few hard nosed instances. He is an iconic figure for F1. But Vettel and Nico haven't done anything to warrant such respect as Michael did (a huuuge fanboy here). I am only including him for those on track antics for being a German.

We also had people like Fangio, Clark, Mansell, Prost (arguable for off track) and Mika who also offered great battles without being nasty on track. So, F1 would still be lovable sport without the likes of Vettel and Nico.
VET will be remembered as a great of the sport he is currently 4th in total wins and 4th in total championships and better than senna and he have been in f1 as long a senna was and will go on to do more. he is young enough to catch Michael if he gets good cars behind him.
Vettel will probably be remembered just like Schumacher. One of the great with controversial actions on track.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

daniellammers wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 10:04
marvin78 wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 09:45
To beat him you have to be a good race driver. Verstappen didn't proove that he can be that.
If Verstappen had a bit more luck, he would be ahead of Ricciardo in the Driver Standings.
If Verstappen had better luck he wouldn't have this page dedicated to him.

https://hasmaxfinished.today/

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

ChrisDanger wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 18:23
daniellammers wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 10:04
marvin78 wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 09:45
To beat him you have to be a good race driver. Verstappen didn't proove that he can be that.
If Verstappen had a bit more luck, he would be ahead of Ricciardo in the Driver Standings.
If Verstappen had better luck he wouldn't have this page dedicated to him.

https://hasmaxfinished.today/
LOL
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

Some of the posts are just flagrant ugh..
I just dont know what to say at this point. Wait! I have an idea. They say prayer heals alls wounds.

Hmm.. [-o<

Jesus.. Sigh.. My Lord.... My saviour... Grant me the strength to make it through this "fanboi solstice." I know the heatwaves are affecting the brains of these individuals.. But... I pray for their healing.

##BLESSED##
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Vasconia

Jolle wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 17:38

Vettel will probably be remembered just like Schumacher. One of the great with controversial actions on track.
So like Senna. Oh no sorry, all his bad actions where erased from people´s memories.

Vasconia

Back to the topic. The Spanish newspaper Marca insists that Renault has offered a contract to Alonso. I don´t expect to see him back in this team but who knows...

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Offcourse they have.
Mercedes surely also has.
As has Mclaren.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 03:34
Some of the posts are just flagrant ugh..
You realise this is not exactly the most serious topic on the board, right? One should expect it to be a little silly at times. I mean, I came here once, started to get annoyed by some of the more preposterous posts, then realised what topic it was and all was right with the world again.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Maldonado replacing Raikkonen @ Ferrari in 2018 to beat Vettel for the WDC and be the first driver to get Ferrari a WCC again after Schumacher.

how's that not serious? :D

Gerhardsa

I would love to see a Hamilton/Alonso team again though.
Would make for an epic battle again. Throw Vettel into the mix, along with hopefully Dan Ric/Verstappen, and it could be a magical season next year.
Alonso needs to be a in a potentially winning car next year, and someone needs to make that happen, otherwise he might be lost to F1

I don't think Renault can offer him that.

Jolle
Jolle

Manoah2u wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 10:07
Maldonado replacing Raikkonen @ Ferrari in 2018 to beat Vettel for the WDC and be the first driver to get Ferrari a WCC again after Schumacher.

how's that not serious? :D
Because Räikkönen already did that in 2007? ;-)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Ah true, actually forgot about that one lol.

Big Mangalhit

Also Kimi and Massa got the WCC in 08, and Massa also celebrated the WDC that year

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

well to be honest those celebrations were short and to be honest, also too early as the simple fact was the race wasn't over yet, and those last corners showed just that.
as sad as it was for Massa, the celebrations were definately premature.