Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vasconia

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

Jolle wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 15:56
Vasconia wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 15:44
Jolle wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 15:39

He’s already out. Gasly is taking his seat at the next GP already.

http://www.scuderiatororosso.com/en_INT ... toro-rosso
Theoretically it should be only for this race.... but its TR/RB, who know what can happen..
In the official press Tost speaks of races, isn’t very kind to Kvyat or leaves the door open for a future in F1 at the RedBull family and isn’t mentioned at the drivers. As long as Gasly doesn’t make an complete ass of himself, he’s got that seat for 2018
True, I coud not read the full article. Wow, this don´t look good for Kvyat though I still think he could make a comeback in 2018. Who eslse can be Gasly´s mate in 2018?

Jolle
Jolle

To be very silly... there is a RedBull Honda guy winning almost everything for the past few years. Only he hasn’t got a superlicence (and missing a few wheels)
#93, Marc Marquez.

Bit less silly, RedBull has six drivers eligible for F1 at the moment. Next to the four that are competing at the next GP they are Buemi and Kvyat

kptaylor
kptaylor

Talk has been about Honda pushing Matsushita as the other driver. Does he have enough superlicense points? Currently sixth in F2. Would STR be okay with two rookies or is the Gasly promotion for "Grands Prix" (several?) an attempt to knock off rookie impulses in '17?

rscsr

kptaylor wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 17:17
Talk has been about Honda pushing Matsushita as the other driver. Does he have enough superlicense points? Currently sixth in F2. Would STR be okay with two rookies or is the Gasly promotion for "Grands Prix" (several?) an attempt to knock off rookie impulses in '17?
he has nowhere near enough. He would need to become at least 4th with 2 races to go (he would need about 35 more points than the 2 drivers in front of him)

PlatinumZealot

Can you do another series alongside F2 to get more points?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

iotar__

Wait, Williams are considering Di Resta??

- They have the worst skills / car quality ratio pay driver in the history of F1 in the form of Stroll
- instead of firing him mid-season they (I'm guessing) are keeping him and are thinking about replacing the other driver who despite being ancient and past his best is way ahead in every aspect starting with speed
- think about it, Stroll de facto replaced Massa, they replaced better driver with much worse and people here were considering it a good move :wtf: .

- now one of their choices is 32 year old (in '18) Di Resta who missed last four seasons, then Kubica (well known situation) and 37 year old F.M.. What is their logic?
- My guess is they're keeping Massa but Williams' situation is symbolic of absurd approach to driver choices in current F1.

NathanOlder

Stroll is not far off Massa now. Down to Stroll improving and Massa declining. Massa is now awful
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

WaikeCU

NathanOlder wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 22:33
Stroll is not far off Massa now. Down to Stroll improving and Massa declining. Massa is now awful
That says pretty much about how good Massa is nowadays. His form is declining in a way that his performance is dropping, while young Stroll is still learning how to handle that Williams. Put a driver like Alonso in that Williams and surely the gap between the Spaniard and Stroll will be massive.

ringo

Palmer and Kyvat are actually looking like safe options for williams. Maybe if Nasr comes back? Or maldonado?
For Sure!!

Phil

Kvyat is too young for Williams...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

NathanOlder

Wow I thought he was a bit older than 23. I had him at more 25-26.

@WaikeCU , my point exactly. Massa is well and truely finished now, id rather see Palmer in that car next year. At least he will show some determination. Palmer vs Stroll would be good. Imagine what would happen to the mentality of the loser.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sonador
Sonador

Keep in mind that Stroll has been driving an 2014 car, since he is doing that you could see his form improved.

WaikeCU

NathanOlder wrote:
28 Sep 2017, 09:29
Wow I thought he was a bit older than 23. I had him at more 25-26.

@WaikeCU , my point exactly. Massa is well and truely finished now, id rather see Palmer in that car next year. At least he will show some determination. Palmer vs Stroll would be good. Imagine what would happen to the mentality of the loser.
Maybe, but I don't think they are drivers that can develop and improve a car based on their feedback. I think they lack the experience to do so.

Regarding Sauber, I don't have any hope to see Daniil at Sauber, but it could be the right place for him.
Not sure how much Peter Sauber is involved with the team nowadays, but I remember Sauber always picked up talented drivers that were fast and reliable and really made an F1 career for themselves: Kimi, Heidfeld, Frentzen, Massa, Kubica, etc. If Peter is a people manager who is great with motivating their drivers, then that would fit Daniil. The guy is still only 23. Kimi made his debut when he was 23. I'm sure Daniil could use some of Peter's wisdom, maybe a father figure within F1. At this moment, he is kind of lost.

PlatinumZealot

iotar__ wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 22:28
Wait, Williams are considering Di Resta??

- They have the worst skills / car quality ratio pay driver in the history of F1 in the form of Stroll
- instead of firing him mid-season they (I'm guessing) are keeping him and are thinking about replacing the other driver who despite being ancient and past his best is way ahead in every aspect starting with speed
- think about it, Stroll de facto replaced Massa, they replaced better driver with much worse and people here were considering it a good move :wtf: .

- now one of their choices is 32 year old (in '18) Di Resta who missed last four seasons, then Kubica (well known situation) and 37 year old F.M.. What is their logic?

- My guess is they're keeping Massa but Williams' situation is symbolic of absurd approach to driver choices in current F1.
The hot news now is that number 13 will be back in the Williams garage. Proven race winner, and he is bringing cash on top of it. I was like nah! at first, but more and more it is making sense to me.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 05:46
The hot news now is that number 13 will be back in the Williams garage. Proven race winner, and he is bringing cash on top of it. I was like nah! at first, but more and more it is making sense to me.
You're talking about The Maldonater? :wtf:

Please no.

Bonus image: