2017 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 14-16

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
f1316
f1316

Re: 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 14-16

Vanja #66 wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 19:46
What's the general opinion on that 0.5s deficit from yesterday between Ferrari and Merc? Today they were again very close on pace as in previous races...
Discussing in the Ferrari team thread, but there seems to be a suggestion (seemingly supported by Arrivabenne) that Ferrari intentionally dialled in some understeer to protect rears in the race. Obviously would have hurt them in quali though.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

AMG.Tzan wrote:
What an utter nonsense penalty to Hamilton! Not only did it destroy the Hamilton vs Vettel battle we've been waiting for, but also we've seen many times drivers slowing down the others behind when they stuck up behind their teammate in the pitlane...I remember Raikkonen at Spa in 2005 slowing down the whole field just to let Montoya do his pit stop and not stuck up behind him! Other than that the race was spectacular with great overtaking moves...specially at the end of the pit straight we saw who's got the balls to brake late!! I really think the new Tilke-droms will suit these new cars so much better...so nicely done there Formula 1...faster cars, beautiful cars, much better and braver overtaking moves!! =D>
Hamilton destroyed his own chances, not the FIA.

Manjhi
Manjhi

AMG.Tzan wrote:
What an utter nonsense penalty to Hamilton! Not only did it destroy the Hamilton vs Vettel battle we've been waiting for, but also we've seen many times drivers slowing down the others behind when they stuck up behind their teammate in the pitlane...I remember Raikkonen at Spa in 2005 slowing down the whole field just to let Montoya do his pit stop and not stuck up behind him! Other than that the race was spectacular with great overtaking moves...specially at the end of the pit straight we saw who's got the balls to brake late!! I really think the new Tilke-droms will suit these new cars so much better...so nicely done there Formula 1...faster cars, beautiful cars, much better and braver overtaking moves!! =D>
Even in the world filled with Britons and Hamilton's blind followers, THAT WAS A WRONG MOVE. And deserved Penalty, in fact I was hoping for a 10 second, that could have been a good message for other drivers.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

And it begins...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

AMG.Tzan

epo wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 19:54
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Wow, just wow! Take of those fanboi glasses please... This forum is only about Hammie and Honda fanboys..Why not talk about Ferrari and how they won instead of searching excuses for Hamilton #-o
Wow, just wow...is it fanboism wanting the fight between the two?? After all I didn't say that Hamilton would have won it if it wasn't for the penalty and neither am I searching for excuses for Hamilton...it was 6.6 secs at the end so no Hamilton wouldn't have won it and yeah it's great seeing that Australia wasn't a one-off race and Ferrari has real pace this year...so take off your own fanboy searching glasses!! I'm a Formula 1 fan above all...! :wink:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Sonador
Sonador

Vanja #66 wrote:
What's the general opinion on that 0.5s deficit from yesterday between Ferrari and Merc? Today they were again very close on pace as in previous races...
Arrivabene said they were seting the car more up towards the race.

But it hink Hamilton did that too, so lets wait and see. I stil feel like Hamilton is/has the winning package for the moment.

smellybeard
smellybeard

Lack of decisive team orders at this stage of the year bodes badly for Merc. The need to digreard the second guessing of the second guessing of the second guessers of the marketing department, the twitterati and the football fans taking a break from the balls.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Lewis should have got a reprimand for that not a 5 sec penalty, but did he have a chance to win the GP without the penalty?
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

AMG.Tzan

Manjhi wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Even in the world filled with Britons and Hamilton's blind followers, THAT WAS A WRONG MOVE. And deserved Penalty, in fact I was hoping for a 10 second, that could have been a good message for other drivers.
Oh yeah...maybe even black flag! Formula 1 is in need of politics and penalties taking over the battles and racing between the best two right now! =D>
No need to get in an argument of how many penalties were not given when they should had... (Hamilton losing the first corner at Mexico while retaining the lead, Verstappen moving under braking, Vettel outside his box, Rosberg forgetting to turn or leave a car's width)!
On another note it was also sad losing Verstappen...he could have played a role at least for 4th place!

Chene_Mostert

AMG.Tzan wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 20:14
Manjhi wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Oh yeah...maybe even black flag! Formula 1 is in need of politics and penalties taking over the battles and racing between the best two right now! =D>
No need to get in an argument of how many penalties were not given when they should had... (Hamilton losing the first corner at Mexico while retaining the lead, Verstappen moving under braking, Vettel outside his box, Rosberg forgetting to turn or leave a car's width)!
On another note it was also sad losing Verstappen...he could have played a role at least for 4th place!
Its better he went out, Lewis would not have managed to overtake him.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

Mansell89
Mansell89

Good race that would have been amazing if Max didn't have the brake failure and the safety car that didn't allow us see the strategies play out fully.

Raikonnen needs to be retired because he is a shell of himself and is being paid millions in the process.

Bottas needs time but today he was outclassed, which he will not want many more Sundays of.

Bizarrely, the McLaren looks really good on downforce and it's a travesty no one will ever know just how decent a car it is!

Was important for Ferrari to win here because Sochi will play massively to Merc strengths and I expect Hamilton to level it at 2-2.

And Hamiltons penalty is not up for debate- he admits it, the rules say it, and no one is arguing it.

Vettel and Ham looking in a class of two at the moment, just a shame the RBR guys and Alonso aren't in that fight!

Manjhi
Manjhi

According to few people here, Hamilton should have got 'a flying kiss from the Stewards' for that pathetic move of dangerously slowing down in the pitlane. Even Hamilton was seen mis-aligned today with his start grid position to avoid the dirt.

This top 3 teams are killing F1 and the fanboyism of these team is also killing this forum. :x

I mean nobody is discussing about how Kvyat was driving today, he was taking too many risk today.

Chene_Mostert

Mansell89 wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 20:20
Good race that would have been amazing if Max didn't have the brake failure and the safety car that didn't allow us see the strategies play out fully.

Raikonnen needs to be retired because he is a shell of himself and is being paid millions in the process.

Bottas needs time but today he was outclassed, which he will not want many more Sundays of.

Bizarrely, the McLaren looks really good on downforce and it's a travesty no one will ever know just how decent a car it is!

Was important for Ferrari to win here because Sochi will play massively to Merc strengths and I expect Hamilton to level it at 2-2.

And Hamiltons penalty is not up for debate- he admits it, the rules say it, and no one is arguing it.

Vettel and Ham looking in a class of two at the moment, just a shame the RBR guys and Alonso aren't in that fight!
According to the "experts" every track so far played to Mercedes Power Plus' strengths. So lets just wait and see.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

AMG.Tzan

Manjhi wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 19:52
Amazing race !!! Vettel deserved that win for taking that undercutting risk->Hamilton proves why he is a 3 time champion->Bottas did amazing job with P3,need to take some lesson from Perez.

Kimmi looks very disappointing with that Ferrari -> Ricciardo couldn't do anything today -> Massa did good job for Williams and helped them in keeping the P5 with them.

sergio Perez was AMAZING!!! P18 to P7, thats for me was performance of the day -> Grosean deserved that P8 with the undercut.

Hulk didn't had much pace in the Renault, P9 was all he can do --->>

Ocon has started proving his talent and Force India is very much happy with hat-trick of points, this guy looks like having some great skills.
Agree with everything here!! Just forgot to mention Wehrlein...I think his performance was great and that defense move at the end when Kyvat tried to pass him was really nice!! And I should also praise Kyvat, although his result doesn't show it, for his really brave and risky moves!!

Manjhi
Manjhi

AMG.Tzan wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 20:25
Agree with everything here!! Just forgot to mention Wehrlein...I think his performance was great and that defense move at the end when Kyvat tried to pass him was really nice!! And I should also praise Kyvat, although his result doesn't show it, for his really brave and risky moves!!
Kvyat looked in best of his mood, I saw his move on Palmer on the 1st corner. That was risky and he tried it twice and in the 2nd attempt even after banging wheel they both survived. Amazing move.

WEH also was looking good, but he was on a defending side today. Sauber is in disappointing state, just can't see them going through this rough patch. And to add to that, they are choosing Honda engine for 2018, lets hope they get a cheaper deal.

Plus couldn't understand Sauber strategy of not pitting Ericsson during safety car period, that could have been a good chance for them, they could have at least challenged Ocon in the later part of the race for P10.