2017 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 14-16

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Re: 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 14-16

godlameroso wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 01:38
Do we really need a weather prediction for the desert? I mean last year I predicted it would rain the Wednesday before the race and it did, but no such luck this year.
It would be nice, not for precipitation, but for the wind (how much sand on the circuit) and temperature (it could be as low as 26 Celsius).

Chubbs

Chubbs

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Driver's Press Conference Part 1: Perez, Hamilton, Vandoorne

SiLo

George-Jung wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 22:06
Ferrari has only started on the dirty side this year, so not sure yet if Ferrari has lost their edge on starts..
China has the racing line go diagonally across the grid spaces. And because of qualifying they tend to stay to the right so actually there isn't really a "cleaner" side there.
Felipe Baby!

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

I really like driving this track in the sim. I actually liked the endurance layout better with that loop. Always challenging!

godlameroso

Bill_Kar wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 11:11
godlameroso wrote:
Do we really need a weather prediction for the desert? I mean last year I predicted it would rain the Wednesday before the race and it did, but no such luck this year.
It would be nice, not for precipitation, but for the wind (how much sand on the circuit) and temperature (it could be as low as 26 Celsius).
In that case, wind blows towards the north west or north north west on Friday and Saturday, around 7 knots, Sunday it gets interesting because it will be quite windy ~15 knots, but blowing towards the south east. So for Friday and Saturday wind won't be much of an issue, and cars will have a slight tailwind on the main straight, and head wind down the other DRS zone. Sunday will be much trickier with heavier winds and no doubt more sand on track, cars will have a headwind down the main straight and tail wind down the other DRS straight. Naturally the cross winds will make braking for the other two straights rather tricky.

Temperatures will be around 31-26c for most of the weekend during the times the cars will be on track.
Saishū kōnā

FrukostScones

i have this feeling... BOT will win this, not on entirely on merit but still....
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Part 2: Magnussen, Alonso, Palmer

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

godlameroso wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 15:51
Bill_Kar wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 11:11
godlameroso wrote:
In that case, wind blows towards the north west or north north west on Friday and Saturday, around 7 knots, Sunday it gets interesting because it will be quite windy ~15 knots, but blowing towards the south east. So for Friday and Saturday wind won't be much of an issue, and cars will have a slight tailwind on the main straight, and head wind down the other DRS zone. Sunday will be much trickier with heavier winds and no doubt more sand on track, cars will have a headwind down the main straight and tail wind down the other DRS straight. Naturally the cross winds will make braking for the other two straights rather tricky.

Temperatures will be around 31-26c for most of the weekend during the times the cars will be on track.
That's some rather helpful information, good work on that.
Just one quick question:Temperatures around 31-26 Celsius you say.I reckon track temperature is what you're talking about?

godlameroso

Ambient, track temperature will be a few degrees warmer. Practice 1 is in the afternoon, so will be quite warm(upper bound), the track like much of the desert doesn't retain much heat at night, but proximity to the sea ensures that there is a fair bit of humidity, so ambient temperature doesn't drop too much overnight, and often feels cooler than it actually is depending on the wind intensity.
Saishū kōnā

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Ted's "Paddock Uncut".

Mattchu

FrukostScones wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 16:01
i have this feeling... BOT will win this, not on entirely on merit but still....
I personally think we`ll see a Ferrari on the top step, probably Vettel who`ll qualify behind at least one Merc. Reason being Merc still haven`t got their tyre deg sorted in higher temps due to losing the "trick" front suspesion...

Lets just hope it`s pretty close :)

Phil

Just for the fun of it; I am going to predict Mercedes in control. This time, they have time in FP1 and FP2 to find the right balance and prepare. First Mercedes QF front row lockout?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

iotar__

FrukostScones wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 16:01
I have a feeling those entirely by merit wins are the drivers you like and not entirely you don't. Was Australia win entirely on merit? Were 2 Ham's Merc championships? Vettel's with Red Bull? You might say 'not entirely' :D . Belittling drivers even before events.

Anyway, Ferrari has a flexing floor and FIA is only interested in Haas' T- wing ? Uncompromising organization run by Brawn and Todt. Not to mention recently employed Salo, how unfortunate that in China rules to penalise Vettel fell behind the desk. =P~

nevill3

Sky have just announced that the current track temperature is 47 degrees C and rising.........and air temperature 38C
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978