[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

That is a slider. If you wait long enough and do not have your mouse over the images the images slide from right to left.

Alonso Fan

LVDH wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 14:49
That is a slider. If you wait long enough and do not have your mouse over the images the images slide from right to left.
Oh thought you meant a physical ui slider element
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

RicME85

Ah so you mean it should 'slideshow'

RicME85

Oh and I have just left it to check and it does the slideshow without any weirdness to the images.
If you click on an image to enlarge it then the slideshow continues in the background. Is this what you mean?

CAEdevice

Thanks for the images. I am trying to imagine what happens inside the other cars (mine is about identincal to the "Intro calss" car, except for some details that don't modify the general concept).

I was looking at the numbers of the first race (btw: the "results" section is still empty), and I am impressed by TF efficiency. He could win the three efficiency races racing with the extreme DF car...

LVDH

My mistake, I definitely did it at the time but must have forgotten to publish. #-o
It is now on the site.

I am almost done with CFD. I have not entered the numbers into the lap time calculator but I think there will be some changes on the podium.

CAEdevice

Hi, I was wondering if the rulebook would allow to split the hx in two parts per side (using a single file for each measuring surface, the software should give the correct result). It would be a good compromise and it would replace the "rotation" of the hx.

Another useful compromise would be to increase from 450mm to 500mm the max height of the hx.

I am asking beacuse I have to decide between going on with the car I used untill now (2016 evolution) or to use a slightly different concept I roughly developed when we where talking about hx rotation and CoP dependent on hx position.

CAEdevice

Well, the race is tomorrow.
Only one minor (very minor) legality issue for my car.

This time I am more interested in the numbers than in the result itself. I am monitoring a specific value in a specific car ;)
Last edited by CAEdevice on 26 Aug 2017, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

CAEdevice

A quastion for LDVH: do you think that the new solver (OF4.1 based) could have affected the cooling flow, compared to OF1606+? Did any partecipant have my same impression?

rjsa
rjsa

Every single change in the solver, the OF version included threw my HX flow bellow 3m/s and stalled my RW. I was able to pull it back but as LDVH stated it was dangerously low for the 'ring race.

RicME85

Minor legality issue for me, parts of front wing were too thin. Had no issues with the CFD with it but oh well. Guess I will have to rebuild the front end for the next race.

Alonso Fan

Ah, should have broken my curfew for this race. A few changes and I have something much better than what I submitted. Much better
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

etsmc
etsmc

Well waiting for the results.
Dont have a laptop capable of doing simulations but have got one with Sketchup on so having a bit of a play with some concepts while waiting.

Not a bad view while i do though.

LVDH

You have a good attitude about this championship. Soon I will release the first results. There are some technical and logistical issues today. I hope everything will be out around two o'clock. If not, I hope your finger nails will survive.

machin

In Andre's (LVDH's) absence I have the pleasure of revealing the first set of results from the Nurburging....

The top three cars have yet to post their final lap times... the top 3 shoot-out takes place this afternoon involving championship leader CAEDevice, perennial challenger JJR and newcomer IDADOX....

The weather at the Green Hell is looking fine today, with high temperatures; perfect for setting some quick lap times...

..Gentlemen, start your engines!
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH