Great Fernando video...

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Ciro Pabón

Anytime.

The Nano is a blue bullet
that, without a gun,
shots in a circuit
straight to your heart

The Nano is not human
the Nano is immortal
he appears on magazines
next to Hulk and Superman

The Nano is a giant
in a mortal body
nobody can catch him
nobody can reach him

The Nano aee, the Nano aoo
I don't want Barrichello,
Schumacher nor Button
because it is The Nano
who fills everybody's heart with illusion
when he climbs into his Renault
Magic Alonso

The Nano is a nice guy
he is a mate focused on what he is doing
and inside the circuit
he is the king of the hill

Fernando, we love you
for just one reason
you take a lousy day
and fill it with emotion

El Nano does not fail us
if there is a commercial break, do not leave
because he is always up to the test
it does not matter his starting position
he does not recoil, he does not let you down
because he does not know what fear is

He fell in a pot of cider when he was a little boy
since then you can not stop him even with kryptonite
because El Nano is for the people
and for the people, without any doubt, he is the King of Wind

-----

I tried to find similar expressions in english, like "he is the king of the hill" for "he is the one that carves the cod", which is uninteligible if you haven't been at a dinner in the Basque region: you could say, if you were american, something like "he is the one that carves the turkey on Thanksgiving" or "he sits at the head of the table". I translated "he is a mate focused on what he is doing" for "a guy rolled unto himself", which has no equivalent in english that I can think of, but you get the idea. The references to Obelix ("he fell in a pot of cider...") are lost for a lot of people, I guess.

A rant, not for english speaking people:

English is such a limited language... you cannot use easily articles like in "The Nano" to distinguish between "Any Nano" and (implicitly) "The Nano we all know". You cannot even differentiate between being forever (ser) and being temporarily (estar), a difference always present in latin languages. I find always much easier to translate from english than to translate into english.

I guess Julius Caesar was right when he said "the englishmen talk the same way the dogs bark".... :lol: To be fair, I think he was referring to the Picts, like the ancestors of our friend Tom. He certainly wasn't in a good disposition because the only people he could not defeat were those hard, giant Scots, Norses and Germans, but I guess they haven't changed that much: they will always prefer beer to wine and barley to wheat. Poor guys! :wink:
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 18 May 2006, 21:30, edited 2 times in total.
Ciro

Principessa

I wish Tomba never send me this song. It must sound stupid but I just put it on and on (not all day of course :P )

My name is Principessa and I'm addicted to.....Magic Alonso
:P :P :P