New F1 logo

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GM7

Re: New F1 logo

0 Report this post Quote
Unread post by ChrisDanger » 26 Nov 2017, 16:12

:roll:

The old/current logo has been in place for 23 years. Liberty are here to shake up the sport a bit, to make it more appealing and marketable. They introduce a new logo to reflect that there has been a changing of the guard. And all anyone here has done so far is sh!t all over it, like it's really that important.

Next week you'll be complaining about something else.
Agree :lol: Actually i like the new one despite i think it could have been better.

PS: 2021 aero rules in december !

FW17

=D> =D>

bauc

Its not bad, but I liked the original more.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

DiogoBrand

It's not that they shouldn't change it, it's just that the old one was so clever, and then they replace it with something that could very well be drawn by a 10 year old.
F1 is worth millions, perhaps billions, and they can't afford to create a better logo than people did 30 years ago?
Not impressed (positively, at least).

FW17

Maybe they did a survey of the paddock club realized the logo was just F and no 1

GPR-A duplicate2

Looks so much of rip-off from Formula E.

Morteza

Force India's new logo? :mrgreen:

And by the way, why does it remind me of this?

Last edited by Morteza on 26 Nov 2017, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

void

Morteza wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 17:47
Force India's new logo? :mrgreen:
A very nice one! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

proteus

I only wonder how much money was paid to the author of this logo for this logo. I would really want to know, because this info would show how some people get big dollars for practically no work or effort.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

GPR-A duplicate2

proteus wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 18:01
I only wonder how much money was paid to the author of this logo for this logo. I would really want to know, because this info would show how some people get big dollars for practically no work or effort.
The Emperor's New Clothes

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

proteus wrote:
some people get big dollars for practically no work or effort.
Really?

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/formul ... dy-london/

#-o

PlatinumZealot

ChrisDanger wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 18:32
proteus wrote:
Really?

#-o
I knew the logo had a familiar look to it!
In terms of influences on the project, Turley name-checks the work of the Designer’s Republic and the Pre-Op Art graphics of Italian designer, Franco Grignani, whose work was exhibited across two London exhibitions this year. The tDR mention is interesting as the identity (logo and type included) certainly shares an aesthetic with the sci-fi racing world that the studio designed for the classic mid-90s video game, Wipeout.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

snowy
snowy

I'd have thought the last thing formula one needs right now is a logo that looks like a limp dick or a diagram of a urethra...

proteus

ChrisDanger wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 18:32
proteus wrote:
Really?

#-o
It just makes everything even more confusing how they were able to choose such bland logo...The way this is presented it looks like they have researched and developed a warp engine and istead of it chose a diesel... Sorry, i might be too critical but the end result is dissapointing. The current logo has its number 1 geniously hidden inside the F and starting line, the old one had nice combination of a car with FIA. This now are two stripes one beside another and a line. My fist association when i see it is Force India and im not the only one since i see the comments of people noting the same thing.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

DiogoBrand

Seriously, I really like to see things like that change, but would it be so difficult to at least make it better? I mean, a muti-million company hires a design studio to make a logo featuring the letter F and the number 1, and in the end it doesn't even look like an F. A lot more like rr than a freaking F.
After spending 2 minutes in photoshop I already was able to improve it. I don't think it's good by any means, but after making this, the new F1 logo just hurts my eyes even more.

Honestly, Liberty, change whathever you want, but at least make it better!