2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
cyro_666
cyro_666

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

restless wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 08:13
Given Hartley is more expirienced, it could be simple reason:
he may be bit slower, but gives bit better feedback. So they use him to confirm if it works?
Yes, his feedback is very good. He has helped develop the car essentially.

techman
techman

honestly even if the update is in brendon. i doubt he can still outqualify gasly. they should have put in gasly. no point wasting time on brendon

Marti_EF3

techman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 08:22
honestly even if the update is in brendon. i doubt he can still outqualify gasly. they should have put in gasly. no point wasting time on brendon
I think they are more interested on Hartley feedback and not if one is faster on qualy than the other.

techman
techman

alll due respect to hartley , but isnt it better to put the upgrade on a faster driver like gas, they probably can bench test and get the better understanding what is the true potential of the upgrade itself.

Webber2011
Webber2011

techman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 08:43
alll due respect to hartley , but isnt it better to put the upgrade on a faster driver like gas, they probably can bench test and get the better understanding what is the true potential of the upgrade itself.
You just don't listen to anyone's thoughts except your own do you ?
In a way I admire that, I know I couldn't do it, my head would explode 😂

marmer
marmer

If Hartley doesn't pull it out this weekend I could see a quick deal maybe even just one race at Silverstone to test out norris.

Other than the amount of driving is there anything stopping a driver from doing f2 and F1 at the same time so he could keep his development going and maybe win a title.

McMika98
McMika98

Damm im losing it with Hartley. New upgrades and he is miles behind Gasly. Such a slow starter. How the heck is his feedback any good if he aint at the limit of the package. Had high hopes from him but he has been poor. Always on the backfoot. Only monaco he had a good week.

techman
techman

Damm im losing it with Hartley. New upgrades and he is miles behind Gasly. Such a slow starter. How the heck is his feedback any good if he aint at the limit of the package. Had high hopes from him but he has been poor. Always on the backfoot. Only monaco he had a good week.
i agree. toro rosso are losing points if gas has an accident or misfortuen because its a one driver team. hartley need time so it would be better idea to try out pascal soon. i believe hartly is more suited for endurance racing

rscsr

techman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 12:06
i agree. toro rosso are losing points if gas has an accident or misfortuen because its a one driver team. hartley need time so it would be better idea to try out pascal soon. i believe hartly is more suited for endurance racing
I don't quite get why people still think that Wehrlein is any good. He was barely quicker than Ericsson and Leclerc is usually almost a second quicker than Ericsson in his rookie year.

techman
techman

I don't quite get why people still think that Wehrlein is any good. He was barely quicker than Ericsson and Leclerc is usually almost a second quicker than Ericsson in his rookie year.
what toro rosso needs an experience driver who is quick, pascal is a good solid driver

Singabule
Singabule

Hartley is so damn slow. I know STR is not an RB management priority, however this is embarasing. How can he slower than stroll and MCL?!

BrunoH
BrunoH

in Portugal we have a saying,... Hatley is like a pig on top of a tree, no one knows how he got there, but everyones sure hes going to fall down...

Sayeman

Like Kubica, Hartley probably focused on evaluating the upgrades rather than setting a fast time. I maybe wrong though.
Never Give up.

Marti_EF3

Sayeman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 13:56
Like Kubica, Hartley probably focused on evaluating the upgrades rather than setting a fast time. I maybe wrong though.
That's the point I think. Now FP1 times are relevant?? With updates they want first to test it and see what they have. Then if it's all OK, go and get some times... Let's wait until FP2 at least... #-o

techman
techman

its always the case with rookies. they take time. but brendon is even slower than an average rookie. when i heard they dropped kyatt, i knew they made a bad move , kyatt is not the fastest but he is decent with experience, they needed him badly now. but anyways now marko is looking for others but its bit too late. if you are evaluating upgrade they you hope to get a benchmark laptime to compare with gasly, and he is still slower. i hope they put the upgrade on gasly and test for a benchmark