2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Squid
Squid

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Not a good race unfortunately. Hartley could barely clear the pits before getting taken out and Gasly got kicked around like a football and sustained floor damage from a collision with Alonso early in the race. Without incidents Monza would have been a good indication of where Honda stands on sustained power.

Big Tea

I know Hartley was blameless in the incedent, but he should have been well in front of it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marti_EF3

Useless car, unable to pass a Mclaren #-o

ispano6

spa and monza showed Honda to be on par with the B spec Renault PU. Only way to accurately know the PU performance is to pair it with a chassis that is already using another non Honda engine. Gasly showed great pace where as Hartley is just too slow. Kyvat is much needed. At least he can crash into others and take them out of points contention.

Sauber and McLaren are perfectly ok with sacrificing one car if it can take out the points scoring STR. That's a no BRAINER and I'm sure it's in their minds. McLaren also destabilized STR intentionally by being dishonorable and creating an environment where Key is absolutely useless. And now they say they won't take him on Red Bulls terms...
STR Honda can hold their heads high, they already are faster than McLaren Renault.

hasika
hasika

Gasly's car was damaged when he tried to pass alonso after the safety car....Anyway,the whole package is not good enough.

McMika98
McMika98

These guys need to get their elbows out at start and restarts. Most of the time they go backwards or are victim of other driver aggression.

Wouter

hasika wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 03:15
Gasly's car was damaged when he tried to pass alonso after the safety car....Anyway,the whole package is not good enough.

The package is not to bad, it could a little bit better, but yesterday Alonso damaged Gasly's floor and later Ricciardo did a bad dive bomb and damaged the rear of Gasly's car. It is a shame that none of the drivers got a penalty for causing a collision.

Gasly:"Today was clearly not the day we wanted. At the beginning of the race, I was blocked in Turn 1 and 2 and lost a couple of places. Very soon I had an incident with Fernando and my floor got damaged on the right side, after that I had another collision with Daniel which compromised the rear. In these conditions, the car was sliding everywhere and the race was pretty much over for me, it was very difficult to go to the end."
The Power of Dreams!

TakataDomeNSX
TakataDomeNSX

https://streamable.com/ram6k

Gasly getting the better of Alonso on the straights, and the latter deciding to give no room at all.

Big Tea

McMika98 wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 07:26
These guys need to get their elbows out at start and restarts. Most of the time they go backwards or are victim of other driver aggression.
Hartley had his front taken off by the 2 cars behind him :?

marmer
marmer

McMika98 wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 07:26
Maybe but to finish in the points they need to finish it's a fine line and they knew Monza would be a tough track for them unlikely to score many if any even if they got their elbows out better going steady and taking advantage of a safety car or something like that

super cool
super cool

Daniil and Stoffel would be a proper pairing for next year.

Hino
Hino

Helmut Marko: Red Bull 2021 with Honda or exit

Will the Formula 1 World Championship start in 2021 without Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso? That's quite possible, the race boss Dr. Helmut Marko look through.

What does Formula 1 look like in three years? It is also conceivable that it is a Formula 1 without Red Bull. Because the Graz Red Bull racing boss Dr. Helmut Marko says at the Italian Grand Prix in Monza: "We are happy to have a great partner with Honda for the next few years. However, should this cooperation - for whatever reason - not work as expected, Red Bull would only be leaving the Formula One. »

There are two reasons for the fact that there is only Honda or nothing for Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso: Of the current engine manufacturers, two (Mercedes and Ferrari) refuse Red Bull as customers, leaving Renault at the end of this season for a broken relationship.

And the change in the engine regulations from 2021, accelerated not only by Red Bull, but also by other private teams, to bring new manufacturers to Formula One through a simplified hybrid system, is practically off the table. It fails because of the resistance of the current four engine manufacturers - including Honda. This will most likely not be a Formula 1 return from Porsche, Cosworth or even Aston Martin (as engine manufacturer).

Dr. But Marko immediately makes it clear: "The partnership with Honda is going very well so far with Toro Rosso and will continue to work with Red Bull Racing in 2019." The Le Mans winner of the year 1971 already made the optimistic forecast stand out: "We will Clear ahead of Renault in 2019. »

It had obviously not lacked much, and Formula 1 would have already lost for 2018 Honda. Marko continues: "After the McLaren disaster, Honda was close to retiring from F1 at the end of 2017. We had to convince the Japanese in some intensive talks to start with us again. »

Open to drivers is Toro Rosso in 2019, when Pierre Gasly will replace Australian Daniel Ricciardo at Red Bull Racing. The chances of the current Toro Rosso driver Brendon Hartley are mixed results mixed: "There should be a significant increase in the last season's races," Marko confirms, but excludes a replacement of the New Zealander during the season.

For 2019, Toro Rosso says, "It's not a shortlist, but rather a longlist," smiles the Austrian, adding, "There are ten names on it."

Marko says, "It's not going to be one with a Mercedes tie." However, he also notes, "Everything's possible."

A name had to be canceled on Monday: Lando Norris will race for the 2019 for McLaren . If the Englishman had not received a Formula 1 car from the traditional English racing stable, he would have been free to leave McLaren.

Bill
Bill

If this article is true, where is Muramasa who vehemently said Honda was not on verge of leaving in 2017 , that they learned from their 2008 mistakes

etusch

If there is no team you are automatically out. They were trying to find another team but failed. If sauber didn't broke the deal then they'll keep going.

Big Tea

I like Red Bull, and Really like STR, but I wish Helmut would stop nagging about taking their toys home. Do it or shut up.
It seems every couple of months there is a headline 'Red Bull to quit F1' (and VW to enter).

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with, His wife was always going to leave him if..... They are still married after 30 od years though.