2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

rogazilla wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 17:05
yener wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 11:50
TR anounced an update of the car for Austin at the same time Honda will bring spec3
So no spec 3 in Sochi as previously reported as a possibilities? I would prefer they bring out the new engine before the car update to see if the gain is all PU and not be a mixed result.

I have read that STR will come with updates on the chassis AFTER de upgrade from Honda.
So the upgrade from Honda must be in Sochi or Japan. I asume they will not have penalty's in their home country,
so they better can introduce the new engine in Sochi.
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 17:30
rogazilla wrote:
yener wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 11:50
TR anounced an update of the car for Austin at the same time Honda will bring spec3
So no spec 3 in Sochi as previously reported as a possibilities? I would prefer they bring out the new engine before the car update to see if the gain is all PU and not be a mixed result.

I have read that STR will come with updates on the chassis AFTER de upgrade from Honda.
So the upgrade from Honda must be in Sochi or Japan. I asume they will not have penalty's in their home country,
It makes sense for Red Bull if they do not have the engine upgrade and chassis upgrade at the same time, they then have a baseline comparison
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

M840TR
M840TR

Big Tea wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 17:45
Wouter wrote:
rogazilla wrote:

It makes sense for Red Bull if they do not have the engine upgrade and chassis upgrade at the same time, they then have a baseline comparison
They probably have gps data to differentiate between the two.

etusch

According to motorsport.com there are two updates,smaller one for Russia and a bigger one to usa.

Wouter

Honda's motorsport boss wants to see the manufacturer implement experimental Formula 1 engine parts over this season's remaining grand prix weekends, in preparation for 2019.

Masashi Yamamoto, general manager of Honda's motorsport division, told Motorsport.com his company will be experimenting before the end of this year.

"Towards the end of the season, and as a preparation for next year, there will be opportunity that we can try something on the actual track," he said.

"We want to do that kind of trial and error, using this opportunity in the second half of the season."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hond ... s/3183550/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

etusch wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 11:20
According to motorsport.com there are two updates,smaller one for Russia and a bigger one to usa.
Could you give a link of that site @Etusch? I like to read the article. The language doesn't matter,
it doesn't need to be English.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 11:34
etusch wrote:
Could you give a link of that site @Etusch? I like to read the article. The language doesn't matter,
This part of the news of you shared here. If I understand wrong sorry
That means it would be logical to introduce any major upgrade this weekend in Russia, to avoid it being forced to take grid penalties for its home grand prix in Japan next week.

Alternatively, Honda could delay a bigger upgrade further to coincide with Toro Rosso's planned car upgrades for the United States Grand Prix in late October.

Wouter

etusch wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 11:38
Wouter wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 11:34
etusch wrote:
This part of the news of you shared here. If I understand wrong sorry
That means it would be logical to introduce any major upgrade this weekend in Russia, to avoid it being forced to take grid penalties for its home grand prix in Japan next week.

Alternatively, Honda could delay a bigger upgrade further to coincide with Toro Rosso's planned car upgrades for the United States Grand Prix in late October.

I get it @Etusch, you interpreted "Alternatively" wrong. It doesn't matter. Thanks for your quick answer.
The Power of Dreams!

!Technical
!Technical

It's still a very speculative article. Let's wait for official news from Tanabe-san

HPD

It seems that Kvyat is back!

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

M840TR wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 08:25
Big Tea wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 17:45
Wouter wrote:

They probably have gps data to differentiate between the two.
Aero and chassis don't affect gps data?

restless
restless

HPD wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 13:51
It seems that Kvyat is back!
source?

btw
Anyone who can translate https://twitter.com/m_yoneya posts?
常識的に考えてシーズン中のアップデートで35馬力とかないから、無茶言わんといて。期待しすぎは禁物
translated into
Thinking in a common sense and updating during the season it does not have 35 horsepower, so say it is not good. Too much expectation is prohibited
:S

Wouter

Albert Fabrega says: The new evolution of Honda is estimated that it can contribute up to 40 hp if they can use the full potential. It also has improvements for reliability. Tomorrow they release all the components except the battery. Goal for Suzuka , but above all 2019.

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 9419979778
The Power of Dreams!

yener

They want to show their new PU at the Japanese home GP of Honda. They would get a grid penalty so they are considering to introduce spec3 at Sochi. I would fo for Sochi, if there are any problems they can sort them out before they race at Japan
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC