2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Toro Rosso revise Melbourne ambitions after testing boost. I have to say, the STR13 is a very nice looking car, but even the halo can't spoil it.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro ... e-1013167/
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

loner

was STR the fatest car during winter testing ?
para bellum.

maguetox
maguetox

loner wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 00:45
was STR the fatest car during winter testing ?
Not a big margin, but I bet STR went to the winter test with a very low expectations after Honda had 3 miserable years with Mclaren, a few months to adapt the chassis to the new PU and hundreds of question marks to answer, but after been the 3 team with more laps under its belt, with apparently no serious problem of integration and a very few visible reliability problems they have all the right to revise their Melbourne ambitions.

I can be sure that all but a few people with good inside knowledge of the the Honda situation where expecting that after a few laps the first Honda PU had problems in the middle of the track (I even imagine some journalist with the news have it ready just to sent it to world), to the contrary was the Mclaren that have the first problem on track, ironies of live.

Don´t expect to much, if the finish the race in a good position and close to the points, it will be a victory for a team that is been working with their heads down that is building the foundations of something bigger.

techman
techman

the rate of developments coming through is the key , hopefullly tr bring in the aero development every race and honda bring in the big developments everytime they switch to new power unit

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

techman wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 02:02
the rate of developments coming through is the key , hopefullly tr bring in the aero development every race and honda bring in the big developments everytime they switch to new power unit
Every race? I doubt they can afford to do that. Certainly, the baseline is positive, so the upgrades to be logical and not rushed.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

restless
restless

2 months ago there was info that TR is 1 month late to the schedule with chassis/aero production
IF that was true (it was posted somewhere in this forum), an upgraded aero could be expected for Melburn (or Barcelona?)
Hence the optimism

techman
techman

engine upgrades are harder than chassis upgrades. so if tr with honda money can bring in part often it only helps them to compete in the midfield battle

BwajSF
BwajSF

Is it just me or the Honda Engine sound Gives more of the Turbo hisss... than other engines..??

HPD

According to many "journalists." TR is only faster than Sauber. :lol:
With the exception of AMUS that places him in the fight for the fourth place

Sayeman

HPD wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 12:27
According to many "journalists." TR is only faster than Sauber. :lol:
With the exception of AMUS that places him in the fight for the fourth place
Utmost efforts will be put in to make Honda look bad to hide the bad situation Mclaren is in. The "different" engine each day rumor started for this reason
Never Give up.

Thunder

Or it's only Journos picking Numbers out of thin Air.... but yes, let's say it's all an Agenda. ;)
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Stef
Stef

By the way, what they think is not important. We'll se a part of the truth in 11 days

techman
techman

i just have feeling torro rosso might start a bit slow but will quickly improve as season progress. what journos say are useless. we can see it from testing itself with some teams with terrible reliability due to their design. however honda was their scapegoat.

bauc

Race 1,2 & 3 will show us the true pace of all teams including STR. The tighter the pack, the better the season
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

JonoNic

A sorted, reliable engine and its inherent packaging is TR Honda main strength so far this year. It would have been great if we could have both teams in question with Honda... Spilt milk I guess...

The smaller packaging and maybe easier installation of a competitive Honda PU could be a great selling point to teams in the future looking to use their PU.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.