2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

techman wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 08:53
i think tr long run pace is good just need to dial in for one laps. but also new drivers learning is always uphill. look at sirotkin. same story. my hope is tr can bring a b spec with last year redbull chassis by mid year
Oh, techman! I have to say, you can be a tad repetitive. Is there a post of yours in recent time where you don't bring up your hope and wish for a STR to take last years Red Bull chassis and make a spec b???? We heard you the first 200 times.
Anyways, it's progress from your other theme song of the "draggy Mclaren chassis"
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

Oh, techman! I have to say, you can be a tad repetitive. Is there a post of yours in recent time where you don't bring up your hope and wish for a STR to take last years Red Bull chassis and make a spec b???? We heard you the first 200 times.
Anyways, it's progress from your other theme song of the "draggy Mclaren chassis"
sorry i forgot mclaren qualified above redbull with renault. what am i watching. good job mclaren you convince me mclaren has the best chassis and it was honda fault =P~

makecry
makecry

techman wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 09:18
sorry i forgot mclaren qualified above redbull with renault. what am i watching. good job mclaren you convince me mclaren has the best chassis and it was honda fault =P~
ALO made a mistake and lost 5/10ths in S1. He would have been P7 instead of that but I am not gonna engage you and this is not a McLaren thread.

Stef
Stef

Without his error, i think Q2 was doable for Gasly

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

techman wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 09:18
And TR, who had very good chassis last year is last this year with Honda.
With such incompetence as you try to imply, and so little running in testing, poor chassis and bad drivers they wiped floor with your Honda in first qualy after switching to Renault.
Last edited by Steven on 24 Mar 2018, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments

etusch

Like Ground Effect, I also think that they could be Q2 with a bit experience and they will be better and better along season. We will see their first race pace of the season tomorrow. I hope they are better than williams and FI.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

They are just running testbeds voor Redbull and Honda to develop the PU. To see for RBR if it is usefull 2019.

techman
techman

With such incompetence as you try to imply, and so little running in testing, poor chassis and bad drivers they wiped floor with your Honda in first qualy after switching to Renault.

Dude, are you rally saying that TR and McLaren should win races after the switch EM 6 months ago???

Jeez, you really are not troll, you just ignorant and hateful.
Toro Rosso never made claims they had one of the best chassis and with a more powerful engine they would be at redbull level .They never made promises to match redbull.

It was mclaren who boasted how good the chassis is and according to their simulation they can match redbull. that what zak and EB said on live TV. Toro Rosso was over a second slower to RBR on some tracks last year both running renault engine . so you cant compare apples and oranges.
Last edited by Steven on 24 Mar 2018, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

techman wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 09:45

Dude, are you rally saying that TR and McLaren should win races after the switch EM 6 months ago???

Jeez, you really are not troll, you just ignorant and hateful.
i know which team you support but for you to come to the toro rosso thread and show disrespect is not right. TR never made claims they had one of the best chassis and with a more powerful engine they would be at redbull level .They never made promises to match redbull ok. it was mclaren who boasted how good the chassis is and according to their simulation they can match redbull. that what zak and EB said on live TV. TORO ROSSO WAS OVER A SECOND SLOWER TO REDBULL ON SOME TRACKS last year both running renault engine . so you cant compare apples and oranges.
Techman, my issue is not Mclaren vs STR, or Renault vs Honda. The thing is we all come here to read, learn and engage each other. But you post and keep repeating yourself, whether you're right or wrong is not the issue, but do you have to keep saying the same thing over and over again? Try this, go over your previous posts and see how many of them either end or begin with "I wish Toro Rosso can get last years RB chassis and make a spec b by mid year." Is there any particular reason you say that with every post? At a time I thought you had mad it a profile signature. Prior to that, it was the Mclaren chassis being draggy, no matter what point you were making it always came down to the draggy Mclaren chassis. You could be right or wrong, but you don't have to be so repetitive. FYI I a Toro Rosso fan, since the team was Minardi.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Soichiro
Soichiro

Q was below my expectations. Thought they would be in front of FI and Williams. They are not far from 7th and the drivers could have done a better job, but everyone will improve, so... I am afraid the race is gonna get worst, so we will have to wait a few races I guess for them to sort the chassis/aero/tyre management and Honda needs to bring the next engine version for it to happen - more power.

the rest of the field is as expected.

etusch

I have a concern about tyre management. Except this there is no reason to be worse at race ( I hope ) Next step is seeing this ( the race ).
Last edited by etusch on 24 Mar 2018, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

Sayeman

Honda fans (such as myself) have no excuse to make fun of Mclaren right now since TR is struggling at the bottom, similarly Mclaren is 1.2sec behind Redbull with the same engine, so they don't have any right to mock Honda either.

Problem is both of those teams set lofty standards that were unreasonable, TR is not gonna fight for points at regular basis and Mclaren won't be fighting fro podiums on a regular basis. Disappointment all around.
Never Give up.

Sieper

That Haas would be so much improved I think nobody expected. But now during the season haas will have to develop on their own, Ferrari is not going to do that for them.

Sayeman

Sieper wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 11:03
That Haas would be so much improved I think nobody expected. But now during the season haas will have to develop on their own, Ferrari is not going to do that for them.
Didn't fernando say it's a 2017 Ferrari replica? No surprise with the pace there.
Never Give up.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Sayeman wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 11:00
Honda fans (such as myself) have no excuse to make fun of Mclaren right now since TR is struggling at the bottom, similarly Mclaren is 1.2sec behind Redbull with the same engine, so they don't have any right to mock Honda either.

Problem is both of those teams set lofty standards that were unreasonable, TR is not gonna fight for points at regular basis and Mclaren won't be fighting fro podiums on a regular basis. Disappointment all around.
Personally, I feel even at this moment, this is a Q2 car. The drivers have to learn quickly, but with their inexperience, it's understandable. Hartley was very close to Q2. The boys will have to learn quickly, this is now a works team with huge potential.