2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Lack of Mclaren logo is a bit sad, it was a trademark of all cars, even the MCL32 mirros were shape in the form of the logo so when you see the car from above you can see it against the black
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Italiano
Italiano

If they were trying to do a "memorable" and "historic" livery (someone had Gulf in their mind), they failed so hard that it's laughable. It's disgusting. That blue... :sick: :sick: :wtf: Not one ugly car so far, but hey, there's always Mclaren to look upon for faliure.

#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Thunder

It works for me unter natural Light.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

McHonda
McHonda

It's stunning in the track and garage pics.

etusch

I think 2017 livery was better. As every team Mclaren also made very small sidepod inlet but they kept small engine air inlet.

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

Other than a really small logo on the tip of the tip of the nose this car doesn't say McLaren at all, anywhere....Unless they've put there branding underneath if Alonso has a repeat of Oz.

Just had a look at the other teams cars before posting this and with the exception of Williams all have their team name/logo easily visible. And even then Williams is actually Williams Martini Racing and they do have massive Martini Branding. I know the papaya orange is synonymous with McLaren's history but that is history, not many newer viewer/fans of the sport would maybe not know that, after the years of silver when they were Mercedes powered. I'm all for wiping the slate clean, No more Honda, no more Ron. But for all of they guys and girls at Woking to have put in so much effort and barely have their name on the car. They've basically got free advertising space and they aren't even using it for their own brand.

That sidepod side looks like it's waiting to just have a big sponsor (or dare I even #BeBrave enough to say), title partner branding placed there.

Overall, I like the colours, just needs a big name sponsor to fill that empty space.

TankMarvin
TankMarvin

Italiano wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 10:27
If they were trying to do a "memorable" and "historic" livery (someone had Gulf in their mind), they failed so hard that it's laughable. It's disgusting. That blue... :sick: :sick: :wtf: Not one ugly car so far, but hey, there's always Mclaren to look upon for faliure.

http://www.armedcats.net/image/view/dxRhPAo5FVkcefN9
Looks quite historic...

Postmoe

The car way be waaaaaay more recognizable on track, specially in the distance. I think this is the main reason they have chosen Papaya Orange and not a more redish (and indoor eye candy) shade of orange.

Last's years livery tended to be similar to Renault from the back and "ferrariesque" in the distance.

marmer
marmer

looks like orange sorbet

Joseki
Joseki

RonDennis
RonDennis

Joseki wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 11:52
https://i.imgur.com/zgMxD6P.jpg
Wow. :shock:

Looks awesome on track, during the presentation not so much. Why is there no McLaren branding on the side? It looks so empty.
Last edited by RonDennis on 23 Feb 2018, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

Peter1919
Peter1919

I like the papaya orange but where are the sponsors? I thought Petrobras was going to appear on the car and where the hell is the McLaren branding? Have they forgotten they have a supercar brand to advertise?

RonDennis
RonDennis

Peter1919 wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 12:13
I like the papaya orange but where are the sponsors? I thought Petrobras was going to appear on the car and where the hell is the McLaren branding? Have they forgotten they have a supercar brand to advertise?
Petrobras is on the side, helmets and overals. There are probably more sponsor on the car than last year, but at least one big sponsor is needed. F1 cars shouldn't look this empty. Just look at the Vodafone era, those cars look great because sponsoring.
Last edited by RonDennis on 23 Feb 2018, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

Gerhardsa

Petrobras does appear on the car above the side pods behind Halo mounting point

bauc

Livery looks superb under the sun
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg