General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TakataDomeNSX
TakataDomeNSX

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Great news! I hope we don't lose Newey though. Can't imagine Newer being lured to Renault after such a fractiousworking relationship over the years however..

techman
techman

yes i hope redbull signs newey for an extension. him going will not help.

MMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM

AJI wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:08
I'm curious to know who you think would be better for Honda to partner with?
I was hoping they were going full works by acquiring Toro Rosso.

techman
techman

even if they go full works with toro rosso, it will be hard to get close to top 3 . redbull deal gives them a chance at the title.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Wazari wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 07:28
:D 俺の 夢が 叶いしました.
Oh, I didn’t realise you were a Ferrari fan

Thunder18
Thunder18

techman wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:56
even if they go full works with toro rosso, it will be hard to get close to top 3 . redbull deal gives them a chance at the title.
Honda has no interest in a full works outfit, they said so on returning to the sport. Yes, things can change, but I doubt a full works outfit will happen again.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Very nice news, and I'm glad for Honda after all of the mudslinging they have endured in prior relationships. Testing in such a highly public domain is very brave.

But, they would be remiss to not be aware of the fact that Red Bull criticised Renault so heavily they were forced to brand the engine as a timepiece. It's all nice-nice now, but if Honda don't deliver to Red Bulls lofty expectations, expect the Bulls to go #2 all over Honda very publicly at the first available opportunity.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

techman wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 10:49
=D> congrats to redbull honda. i expect great things together.
The only thing to expect is the same thing as before "When red bull wins red bull great, when red bull lose Honda s**t".

techman
techman

The only thing to expect is the same thing as before "When red bull wins red bull great, when red bull lose Honda s**t".
at least we know that redbull is a benchmark chassis not a bum like before honda had to run

mzso
mzso

I think with Honda's ability to improve RB might have a really good PU next year.
However, who knows how much the aero changes cost for RB in 2019. It's now they're main advantage, which will obviously become less with simplified aero.
saviour stivala wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 12:15
The Renault engine is inferior since RB began using them. I fail to see why should they be satisfied with it. If memory serves Renault was allowed to develop its engine when engine developments were frozen, because they had so much of a gap.
I'm not surprised RB went with Honda, wit Renault's long term failure to provide a top engine.

Talisman
Talisman

TakataDomeNSX wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:29
Great news! I hope we don't lose Newey though. Can't imagine Newer being lured to Renault after such a fractiousworking relationship over the years however..
Lets hope that the task of optimising a new chassis around a PU that should be quite different in terms of packaging (and hopefully smaller and better) will pique his interest a bit...

dren

That's my only worry, the change in aero regulations for next year. Honda has shown much improvement over the last two years. I expect further improvements through this year and into next season. The partnership has lots of potential for success!
Honda!

etusch

mzso wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 12:31
I think with Honda's ability to improve RB might have a really good PU next year.
However, who knows how much the aero changes cost for RB in 2019. It's now they're main advantage, which will obviously become less with simplified aero.
They are very good at mechanical grip and Aero is aero even if it affects lesser. I hope they don't loss Newey. İf they do, then there will be a Question marq

PlatinumZealot

Its quite easy actually. The Honda engine is smaller than the Renault in every dimension. Shouldt affect aero too much. New fuel tank... Shorter bell housing.. They will be fine.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

carisi2k

I don't know if it can be called simpler aero. The aero is being modified to remove the huge wakes the front wing and the blown wheel nuts produce to help improve overtaking. The new aero and a new engine should get adrians juices flowing in finding a way to deal with the inboard wakes the new rules are looking to create.