Aston Martin Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer RB14

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
CBeck113
CBeck113

Re: Aston Martin Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer RB14

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:28
CBeck113 wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:27
You can see it in the pictures from gandharva, for instance between the "d" and "B" on the side pod, but looking more blueish grey than green:

http://abload.de/img/1hxsm4.jpg

I'd say good camo!
there's already this discussion in the team thread. there is a green and a blue camo in the livery.
Thanks, just found it too...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Thunder

@CBeck113: Moved your Post too to keep it in one Place.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

btw, are sidepods actually mandated?

meaning - if somebody could be clever enough to package even tighter, perhaps using other 'means' to bring cooling to the engine, and place [engine] parts in non-standard manners, which probably would chunk up the 'height' of the car's 'back' and thus negatively influence centre of gravity, but would gain an awfully huge floor/wing intead.

side crash structures are mandated, but are the sidepods actually? the size of them may not 'exceed' certain limits - but does that automatically mean that they are mandated to exist?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vladimir
Vladimir

Different engine sound, more noisy.
Hope for problemless debut run =D>

JasonF1

Interestingly, RB first copied Ferrari's sidepod fence, now they have gone for the Mercedes' one design.
As well, the rake they have put on that car is impressive, looks to have increased from last year's one.

NathanOlder

Holm86 wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 14:39
Didnt look too bad in the studio photos, but in real life that halo looks massive, what an eyesore
Yeah, was only when i started to look for the drivers he,met, you realise how big and bulky the Halo really is
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

gandharva

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:32

meaning - if somebody could be clever enough to package even tighter, perhaps using other 'means' to bring cooling to the engine, and place [engine] parts in non-standard manners, which probably would chunk up the 'height' of the car's 'back' and thus negatively influence centre of gravity, but would gain an awfully huge floor/wing intead.

side crash structures are mandated, but are the sidepods actually? the size of them may not 'exceed' certain limits - but does that automatically mean that they are mandated to exist?
Only bodywork minimums in the regs I can find deal with the engine cover. No minimums for the sidepods that I can find.

NathanOlder

Vladimir wrote:
Different engine sound, more noisy.
Hope for problemless debut run =D>
maybe, But i remember at catalunya testing when i went in 2015 I thought they sounded much louder that on tv. I feel the tv cameras and mics do a --- job getting the sound across to the viewers to be honest.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i assume that cover on the air inlet is not something new?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

1158 wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:45
Manoah2u wrote:

Only bodywork minimums in the regs I can find deal with the engine cover. No minimums for the sidepods that I can find.
interesting. i'm sure the smart heads and engineers have plowed through data enough to concider it's not worth the hassle, but it's interesting to know that it seems like that possibility thus exists - and above all, is allowed.

the question thus would be whether there would be sufficient aerodynamic gains to be made.

Arbee
Arbee

Has anyone been able to figure out the wheelbase yet? It looks slightly longer than the RB13, but I'm not quite sure.

ScrewCaptain27

If you look closely at the fairing on the crash structure you can see a slot.Image
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:48
i assume that cover on the air inlet is not something new?
They're blowing cooling air through the intake. Presumably one or more channels in there feed a cooling system of some sort e.g. ERS or turbo. The rest will go to the engine but that doesn't need a fan in the garage.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Redragon

seezung wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 13:32
Highest resolution pictures I could find:

Side-view: (4095x1990px)
https://i.imgur.com/H8A2pIS.jpg

Front-view: (4096x2733px)
https://i.imgur.com/N1O8MAa.jpg

Angled:(4096x2733px)
https://i.imgur.com/b2esmec.jpg
A part of loving this car I like too the little Redbull fridge for the mechanics. How long did they spend cleaning the garage for the photoshoot?