Should STR look at Nakijima for 2019?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Shrieker

Re: Should STR look at Nakijima for 2019?

adrianjordan wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 22:41
In a word - no.

Being good in Sports Cars or Endurance doesn't equate to being good in F1. Just ask Hartley and Weirlein...
Except Pascal was very good, he scored points in a sh*tbox of a car. He deserves a seat much more than some of the current drivers. People say he's hard to work with, arrogant etc., can't say anything about that.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Mandrake
Mandrake

Re: Should STR look at Nakijima for 2019?

Schuttelberg wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 22:06
A lot of guys who've been unbeatable in other series have come to F1 and had proper facepalm moments. The level up is considerable.. Alonso just didn't rock up and win the damn thing. It shows the sheer talent the man (and the drivers that drive in the F1 series) possess/possesses. To be honest, I try not to be rude and I hope I'm not being offensive to anyone here but such topics wouldn't even arise had Alonso not won and put so much limelight and focus on the event and win. All respect to KN, but he had his chance and he was absolutely pasted by Rosberg.
And it has been the other way round. Put Alonso in the 919 Evo and let him try to beat the Nordschleife Laprecord, he would not be able to do it. On the other hand Timo Bernhard would light no candle in F1.

I was extremely surprised by Robert Wickens in Indycar. That man should have won in the first races if he wasn't crashed into by Alex Rossi. For me that puts a question mark at how good Alonso is.....maybe the level in those series is just a lot lower.

Nakajima did very well in the WEC races, but I also doubt it will be enough for F1. Remember Hulkenberg winning it in the first attempt? Without too much practise either. And this year both Toyotas finished whereas last years they always failed. Shows how much less they were pressured this year.