2018 Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, 29 June - 1 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bizadfar
bizadfar

Re: 2018 Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, 29 June - 1 July

Making a mistake? He was punted out of the way :mrgreen:

Shrieker

Welcome to formula wwe.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Big Tea

Do we get th hear the part where Kimi was told to move over, and he told them to sod off cos he does not work for them next year?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

godlameroso

Where are all the Verstappen poop talkers? Where'd they go? What a great race, amazing job from Alonso. McLaren are lost without him.
Saishū kōnā

Sevach
Sevach

MtthsMlw wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:53
Only Ferrari powered cars with no technical issues. Coincidence?!?!?
Ferrari was reportedly conservative on their Canada engine, decided not to go with a more powerful not fully approved version (so people say).

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Definitely a team in crisis, wrongdoings all across the range of their responsibility.
It will be particularly interesting how the react now on. Unluckily for them, next GP is in one week time.

Things aren't so bad with a naive look, drivers' situation is as was when they were heading to France.
But honestly, you got to get your act together.

epo
epo

godlameroso wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:56
Where are all the Verstappen poop talkers? Where'd they go? What a great race, amazing job from Alonso. McLaren are lost without him.
Yeah where are Tag, Andres, Iotar and Nathan :D

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Mercedes lobbying the FIA as we speak to introduce the reduced tread tyres at all tracks due to blistering.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

OMG! :) I was expecting a Merc 1-2, they got ZERO points instead.

Vasconia

Vettel pointed out something interesting because he has said that they began to push too late. 100% correct. They should have put Max under pressure in order to destroy his tyres.

Anyway a good day for Ferrari. Very good race pace though Mercedes was the fastest car. At least with supersofts.

TAG

Not the result anyone was expecting but it was a fantastic race. I thoroughly enjoyed it, the start was frenetic but I was on edge the entirety of the 71 laps!

Mercedes need to rethink their entire strategic program.

The most mature drive we've seen from Verstappen yet, excellent result, kudos to Ferrari for not doing the swap at the end. I think that's an indication that they may keep Raikkonen for another year.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

jjn9128

godlameroso wrote:
Where are all the Verstappen poop talkers? Where'd they go?
I hear he eats a lot of red meat and not much fibre, so they're big as a baby forearm and impossible to flush.
Last edited by jjn9128 on 01 Jul 2018, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

godlameroso wrote:
I swear, this kid is amazing. I don't get the hate, probably because of the vendetta with the Tifosi.
So happy for him, I just can't wait for the moment he will fight for championship.

Vanja #66

JPBD1990 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:00
Mercedes lobbying the FIA as we speak to introduce the reduced tread tyres at all tracks due to blistering.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

popovic94

GrandAxe wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:53
popovic94 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:45
GrandAxe wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:44
Congrats to Max. That was proper, solid drive from him to ace the race. He thoroughly deserved the win.

So much for Mercs version 2.1 engine and all it added "goodness". #-o
It seems complacency has set in with quite a few unpardonable strategy errors, parts not meeting specification and so forth. You get the feeling of a team in limbo. Heads will surely roll now.
Calm down its gearbox and fuel presure problem.
My point is only buttressed by the fact that it seems to have affected not just one, but both cars. So, you have strategy and engineering fails thoroughly trashing a race that was theirs for the taking, losing valuable constructor and driver points.

The last time it was folk getting dimensions of the engine wrong, today it was a shocking strategy failure and an equally shocking double DNF.

Something has become old and tired at Merc. After today, Ferrari now leads both constructor and drivers championships.
Yeah it affected both cars today FIRST time after 1955 Italian GP. This was just bad luck and tough track that caused both fails. I agree it was strategy mistake that they havent pited but I am more surprised by Hamilton's behavior after the team's fault. You are at 4 place 11 laps younger tires than people around you in arguably fastest car on a track with 3 DRS zones and you go on and on on a radio instead to race and speak after race. That was not we win and lose together etc.I chear for Mercedes and for Hamilton but this was again whole world is against me moment... If he was at Alonsos place he would crash that car direct in pitwall.
"Whoever you are, no matter what social position you have, rich or poor, always show great strength and determination, and always do everything with much love and deep faith in God. One day you will reach your goal." Ayrton Senna