[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Ft5fTL

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

CAEdevice wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 13:48
Here she is:
That front end looks like an evolution of what Variante used to send to the high downforce races on the past. Nevertheless Caedevice cars were always beautiful, this is no different.

This is my solution for the last race of the Lmp style era:

My objective is clear; follow the front trio as close as possible. Easier said than done though, i only managed to get around the Daytona levels of the front runners with the extra drag. I took a last minute gamble with the front wings (balance issues) so im not sure about getting 4th this one.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 16:03
Bombastic car! Super aggressive front end, and wings everywhere!
You might end up with more downforce than i expected...which might be a problem for me...
I need to have more downforce than JJR... and it is almost impossible.

variante

Very cool car from PurePower too! Many interesting solutions, like that rear wing!

CAEdevice wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 16:33
It's problem for me beause if i end up 3rd and JJR wins, we'll have the same points and same victories... :?

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 16:41
Very cool car from PurePower too! Many interesting solutions, like that rear wing!

CAEdevice wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 16:33
It's problem for me beause if i end up 3rd and JJR wins, we'll have the same points and same victories... :?
Not a bad perspective

machin

Our spies did some exposure correction... looks very nice!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Comp_Car_Eng ... 76/photo/1
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

BlakjeKaas

I'd like to use my 2 day extension, as I wasn't able to run simulations with my legal design yet.
MVRC: Tulip Racing

CAEdevice

Anyway it goes to end ... goodbye LMPx and MP006

machin

(For your model my vote goes for the ‘efficiency’ car on the left)

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 20:42
(For your model my vote goes for the ‘efficiency’ car on the left)
The only one who won a race in 2018

variante

I guess it's my turn now, so here it is:

I've made a couple of last minute changes that i haven't tested yet...hopefully they won't mess up the flow structures...
I'm fairly happy with what i've got, but it's not as optimized as the high efficiency car i made.

etsmc
etsmc

The points are close between Myself (MercuryMotorsport), Pure Power Racing and Team Bart but I think that Pure Power Racing has now just secured 4th place in the Championship.
I will be happy with my finish, either way, I think as it will either be 6th place in the championship for the last 3 seasons or moving up one place to 5th.
All the cars that have been shown look exceptional, I can't wait for the results and also the new challenge that lay ahead.

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 03:29

https://i.imgur.com/zsShe0G.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qNLVymJ.jpg

I've made a couple of last minute changes that i haven't tested yet...hopefully they won't mess up the flow structures...
I'm fairly happy with what i've got, but it's not as optimized as the high efficiency car i made.
You matched the pros of my car (front wheels cover and cocacola) with the pros of your previous design (vortex generators, front heat exchangers). I would say you are the most probable winner, but JJR could surprise everyone once again.

I guess that if you have enough front downforce, the flow is quite stressed during the front expansion.

variante

CAEdevice wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 08:26
variante wrote:

You matched the pros of my car (front wheels cover and cocacola) with the pros of your previous design (vortex generators, front heat exchangers). I would say you are the most probable winner, but JJR could surprise everyone once again.

I guess that if you have enough front downforce, the flow is quite stressed during the front expansion.
Mmmh...my cocacola used to work decently, but it got messed up by the new front wing...

Front downforce is enought mostly thanks to the mandated CoM shift towards the rear axle. I would have needed more time optimizing the vortex generators in order to extract more downforce there.

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 08:43
CAEdevice wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 08:26
variante wrote:

Mmmh...my cocacola used to work decently, but it got messed up by the new front wing...

Front downforce is enought mostly thanks to the mandated CoM shift towards the rear axle. I would have needed more time optimizing the vortex generators in order to extract more downforce there.
I had the opposite problem: my CoP after adding the PP wings was around 1,7 so I had to found additional rear downforce (it mostly comes from the new rear suspension cover).

I think our downforce is about the same, but my car produces much more drag than yours.

I am pretty sure that, if I would have used my PP car without wings in a previous race it would have not been the slower car.

machin

etsmc wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 06:48
The points are close between Myself (MercuryMotorsport), Pure Power Racing and Team Bart but I think that Pure Power Racing has now just secured 4th place in the Championship.
I will be happy with my finish, either way, I think as it will either be 6th place in the championship for the last 3 seasons or moving up one place to 5th.
All the cars that have been shown look exceptional, I can't wait for the results and also the new challenge that lay ahead.
The final round result is going to be interesting up and down pretty much the entire field... Good luck to all teams 👍