Super Aguri Front Wing

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
m3_lover

Super Aguri Front Wing

I guess another development for SA, look at how large those flaps are on the front nose? I know it is inclined for some downforce and probably enchanes the stability of the front end, but I wonder where the air goes after it hits that flap?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Jason

Re: Super Aguri Front Wing

m3_lover wrote:where the air goes after it hits that flap?
Into the sidepod of course.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Tom

It looks almost as if they go into the brakes but sidepods are more likely. Perhaps even to the rear wing. I don't think aero is SAs biggest problem though.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Steven
Owner

The flaps look like flat panels which have about the same angle of attack as the trailing edge of the front wing. Obviously, because of the Newton action and reaction law, this will create downforce and act a bit as an air guide for air being pushed up over the front wing.

However, as air in the middle of the car is flowing nicely over the nose, and with these flaps the air aside it will have another direction, this will inevitably create drag. It is to prevent this that Renault and Toyota have these ears just above the pushrod.