2018 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 27-29 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 27-29 July

NathanOlder wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:29
MtthsMlw wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:27
JonoNic wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:26
What did Toto say?
Bottas was Hamilton's best wingman.
The sooner merc use bottas like ferrari do with kimi the better. Will be a fair fight at the front.
That’s been the case from the beginning.

Partymood
Partymood

NathanOlder wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:29
MtthsMlw wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:26
What did Toto say?
Bottas was Hamilton's best wingman.
The sooner merc use bottas like ferrari do with kimi the better. Will be a fair fight at the front.
The greys have been using Bottas as Hamilton wingman for quite some time and today Toto had the "courtesy" of saying so himself.

LM10
LM10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:05
BOOM!

The doubters can say what they want but the win was never in question for the BOSS. It's Hamilton in Hungary "morans!" Delivered pole in the wet and the win from the pole. Just like 2013 Never needed the fastest car just a clean race and clumsy rivals.
Yea, the poor guy had a very slow car today. :lol:

ismail1991
ismail1991

As a mercedes fan, I don't think Valteri deserves to drive a Mercedes. First of all, he should have known that he wouldn't make the turn from the inside without touching Vettel, even if he didn't touch vettel, he would not make the corner and Kimi would pass him too. Secondly way worse is that he tried to defend to Ricciardo with a broken front wing and late braking and understeering into him. His excuse at the end of the race "I just understeerd into him , my wing was broken." Then why did you brake that late, you knew that you can't take the corner. I can't believe.

stuartpengs

Restomaniac wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:31
stuartpengs wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 16:59
I hate team orders/manipulation.
Ferrari should have let a clearly quicker Raikkonen have a pop at Bottas too.
:? Those two statements are completely contrary.

Another good race for Merc and HAM, points taken and lead increased where, truth be told, very few were expecting it. Track position is king here, I'm suprised there were so many varied predictions before the race. If you get away in the lead, have a clean stop, you're always in the box seat. Irrespective of Merc's form on hot hot tracks the delta to pass was just too much so they could run the car slower and still maintain the lead. Once HAM got out in the lead the win was in the bag, regardless of VET on US.

Looking forward to two stellar tracks next! :D
I’m pointing out the double standards on here.

My view is the first sentence. Some on here however are happy to jump on 1 team but ignore it when their team do it.
Apologies, I misinterpreted. Agree with what you say, that's the reason I don't visit very often now.

TAG

LM10 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:33
PlatinumZealot wrote:
BOOM!

The doubters can say what they want but the win was never in question for the BOSS. It's Hamilton in Hungary "morans!" Delivered pole in the wet and the win from the pole. Just like 2013 Never needed the fastest car just a clean race and clumsy rivals.
You know, sometimes it's not about the fastest car but about the fastest driver. Kimi's seat for 2019 is a safe seat. :)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

marvin78
marvin78

TAG wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:38
LM10 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
BOOM!

You know, sometimes it's not about the fastest car but about the fastest driver.
That's rare.

F1NAC

Legendary team radio

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

ismail1991 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:34
As a mercedes fan, I don't think Valteri deserves to drive a Mercedes. First of all, he should have known that he wouldn't make the turn from the inside without touching Vettel, even if he didn't touch vettel, he would not make the corner and Kimi would pass him too. Secondly way worse is that he tried to defend to Ricciardo with a broken front wing and late braking and understeering into him. His excuse at the end of the race "I just understeerd into him , my wing was broken." Then why did you brake that late, you knew that you can't take the corner. I can't believe.
You are being overly harsh imo. The first incident was more on Vettel to be honest. He didn't account for the fact Bottas might still be on the inside. Typical Vettel wheel to wheel driving; lack of spatial awareness usually gets him in trouble. I love his agressiveness when he races but he continually lacks in one area when compared to other world champions.

The pass on Ricciardo was definitely Bottas fault, but it seemed like he was angry at that stage and didn't even try to make the corner as much as he was trying to run Ricciardo out of the track.

All in all, he helped Lewis a lot today. He definitely deserves his seat.

LM10
LM10

TAG wrote:
LM10 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
BOOM!

You know, sometimes it's not about the fastest car but about the fastest driver. Kimi's seat for 2019 is a safe seat. :)
I don’t what you were expecting from Vettel, to be honest. :) That’s Hungary, a track which probably is the hardest to overtake on after Monaco. The delta was at 1.5 seconds. Still, he finished 2nd after starting 4th.
It would have been even more exciting at the end, if Vettel’s pit stop had not been such weak. Then he would have come out in front of Bottas and this way Hamilton would have not been able to cruise down the road as relaxed as he has done because his team mate was holding up the whole following field.

GPR-A duplicate2

LM10 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:44
TAG wrote:
LM10 wrote:

I don’t what you were expecting from Vettel, to be honest. :) That’s Hungary, a track which probably is the hardest to overtake on after Monaco. The delta was at 1.5 seconds. Still, he finished 2nd after starting 4th.
It would have been even more exciting at the end, if Vettel’s pit stop had not been such weak. Then he would have come out in front of Bottas and this way Hamilton would have not been able to cruise down the road as relaxed as he has done because his team mate was holding up the whole following field.
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, if, but, then...........!!!

LM10
LM10

GPR-A wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:55
LM10 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:44
TAG wrote:

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, if, but, then...........!!!
Of course I’m gonna mention a failed pit stop which made Vettel end up behind Bottas and destroyed his Ultrasofts instead of treating them well like he would have done in clear air which then would have allowed him to close down on Hamilton to give us an exciting battle at the end.

MtthsMlw

TAG

LM10 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:59
Of course I’m gonna mention a failed pit stop which made Vettel end up behind Bottas and destroyed his Ultrasofts instead of treating them well like he would have done in clear air which then would have allowed him to close down on Hamilton to give us an exciting battle at the end.
Yeah, it happens. That's why teams sometimes opt to stay out, when you pit it's always a risk. It's funny because Vettel isn't the only driver this happens to but to hear you make excuses of it you'd this it was. It's the little things that kill championship bids in the end. Ferrari is head an shoulders the fastest car, Hamilton's advantage there ended, so what's a guy to do other than drive mistake free and maximize the opportunities... like coming out on top in the wet.

You've had a tough couple of weeks. Take some time off, lick your wounds and come back stronger. It's not like Hamilton historically comes back after the summer break with renewed tenacity of anything like that. Let's just hope there's a lot less rain in the forecast for the second half of the season so Ferrari's car advantage isn't diminished.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

F1NAC

Isn't there a rule that was introduce few years ago relating on faking pitstops? How can Mercedes be allowed to pull those?