2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GhostF1
GhostF1

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorspor ... 86f8a2634a

"I do too much promo in Australia, trying to make everybody happy, and I just feel flat from it all, we'll change how I prepare for this race next year".....

This is how you alienate your entire Australian fanbase while also looking like an entitled moron who can't admit he made a rookie mistake trying to go for it down the inside (which didn't exist) to prove a point. I don't think I've ever heard a driver complain about his home race and the fanfare around that let alone blame it on his embarrassing first lap incident. Being an Aussie myself, it's pretty shameful and childish and a lot of respect lost.

Espresso
Espresso

GhostF1 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 12:04

"I do too much promo in Australia, trying to make everybody happy, and I just feel flat from it all, we'll change how I prepare for this race next year".....

This is how you alienate your entire Australian fanbase while also looking like an entitled moron who can't admit he made a rookie mistake trying to go for it down the inside (which didn't exist) to prove a point. I don't think I've ever heard a driver complain about his home race and the fanfare around that let alone blame it on his embarrassing first lap incident. Being an Aussie myself, it's pretty shameful and childish and a lot of respect lost.
Just clickbait.
RIC only says he needs some peace/rest in preparation to the race and a different schedule.
Not to have promo activities and P.R. dictate and be more important then the driving.
Just as any other driver he needs time to prepare mentally and physically.

Also quite hurtful to see RIC bite his lips in the paddock after his race retirement. :(
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Jambier

Renault needs to get serious now

Drop the F1 program or put enough money on the table to win.
And spot being arrogant.

Capharol
Capharol

Last edited by Capharol on 19 Mar 2019, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

Capharol wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 16:22
Team Radio Ricciardo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7piUC ... e=youtu.be
Your link only works in the McLaren thread..

Singabule
Singabule

Jambier wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 19:40

And spot being arrogant.
The first option is more probable than the second one, especially after Ghosn is jailed. However catching up RB is never in table, as they aim for 4th position at least until 2021. After that, if the regulations is not support them, they will pull the plug. The question is, how fast MCL catch up them?

Capharol
Capharol

ThumbsUp wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 16:30
Capharol wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 16:22
Team Radio Ricciardo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7piUC ... e=youtu.be
Your link only works in the McLaren thread..
I see the mistake will correct it, give me a bit, my wifi is jumping around

Edit: link is corrected

Jambier

Singabule wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 16:49
Jambier wrote:

And spot being arrogant.
The first option is more probable than the second one, especially after Ghosn is jailed. However catching up RB is never in table, as they aim for 4th position at least until 2021. After that, if the regulations is not support them, they will pull the plug. The question is, how fast MCL catch up them?
Yes I agree, but then I don't understand why they came back in 2016 if they were targeting 2022...

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Jambier wrote:
Singabule wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 16:49
Jambier wrote:

And spot being arrogant.
Yes I agree, but then I don't understand why they came back in 2016 if they were targeting 2022...
Because it takes several years to “build a team”... It’s building an organization, facilities, processes and procedures... That doesn’t happen overnight and takes a while to have a entire organization that is ready to fight the top 3... Resources and people aren’t “unlimited” and they came back with an already huge gap to the front.

That’s doing things the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djos

GhostF1 wrote:

Oh Rubbish, Dan (and Mark before him) get smashed at the Aus GP and I dont think dialing it back to sensible levels is going to alienate anyone.
"In downforce we trust"

GhostF1
GhostF1

djos wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 22:32
GhostF1 wrote:

Oh Rubbish, Dan (and Mark before him) get smashed at the Aus GP and I dont think dialing it back to sensible levels is going to alienate anyone.
You're kidding right? You think the fact he drove off track from the start line to try and dive on the inside is down to his Australian commitments. Please...
He's entitled to prepare any way he wants so yes, by all means change it, but the fact he cant even admit he took a risk and it bit him and he instead blames what??? his media schedule... come on now...

Is this what we should expect from all drivers at their home GP's now? I'm sorry, but if you don't think it's a lame excuse at best, I don't know what is..

djos

GhostF1 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 06:17
djos wrote:
GhostF1 wrote:

You're kidding right? You think the fact he drove off track from the start line to try and dive on the inside is down to his Australian commitments. Please...
He's entitled to prepare any way he wants so yes, by all means change it, but the fact he cant even admit he took a risk and it bit him and he instead blames what??? his media schedule... come on now...

Is this what we should expect from all drivers at their home GP's now? I'm sorry, but if you don't think it's a lame excuse at best, I don't know what is..
I never said that at all, I was referring to qualifying. The race was just a freak incident.
"In downforce we trust"

GhostF1
GhostF1

djos wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 06:31
GhostF1 wrote:
djos wrote:

I never said that at all, I was referring to qualifying. The race was just a freak incident.
Interesting as your first response was to my clear referral to what happened during the race, hence my rebuttal again referring to the race incident. I'll chalk this up as a standard forum misinterpretation between us there. Apologies on this end

djos

GhostF1 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 07:34
djos wrote:
GhostF1 wrote:

Interesting as your first response was to my clear referral to what happened during the race, hence my rebuttal again referring to the race incident. I'll chalk this up as a standard forum misinterpretation between us there. Apologies on this end
All good, I should prolly use less emotive language than "rubbish" too. #-o
"In downforce we trust"

hudnut
hudnut

djos wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 08:36
GhostF1 wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 07:34
djos wrote:

All good, I should prolly use less emotive language than "rubbish" too. #-o
I've also read where Dan said after his comment re: commitments that he got onto the grass, and usually hitting a gutter doesn't create that amount of damage. When taken as a whole, the interview doesn't come across as him blaming the commitments for his error.

I've seen one article where his comments about the heavy commitment load were omitted, only talking about his surprise at the amount of damage from the gutter (can't remember where), and others where any reference to the gutter were omitted.

Which version you get depends on the reaction the publication you are reading is after I guess. I don't think they are mutually exclusive. And yep, he stuffed up. I'm hoping to get a race where we get to see what he can do in a Renault. Here's hoping it's the next one.