2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Too much waiting until Barcelona and the upgrades to come, still I can't believe how Newey and RBR have messed up like this. If the Honda have much better driveability, why the hell they have all that problems with traction and rear suspension?? If they have less DF, why they can hold a Mclaren back?? :?

I don't know what to think about China, but Baku may be a disaster if they've exactly the same package, with the straightfast midfield cars.

And what is worst, lot of people blaming on Honda again, despite it may be the only fortress for RBR right now, taking good points home thanks to great reliability so far and decent power/efficiency

#-o #-o #-o

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 20:00
Too much waiting until Barcelona and the upgrades to come, still I can't believe how Newey and RBR have messed up like this. If the Honda have much better driveability, why the hell they have all that problems with traction and rear suspension?? If they have less DF, why they can hold a Mclaren back?? :?

I don't know what to think about China, but Baku may be a disaster if they've exactly the same package, with the straightfast midfield cars.

And what is worst, lot of people blaming on Honda again, despite it may be the only fortress for RBR right now, taking good points home thanks to great reliability so far and decent power/efficiency

#-o #-o #-o
I don't think anybody who knows and follows F1 can blame Honda. If we're all honest, this is a very good start for a brand new partnership. You can only be disappointed if you're new to the sport maybe because you heard all the silly talk from Marko earlier, best installed engine, we are ahead of Mercedes etc. These are human beings working on these things. How can you have a best installation in first year over an installation you did with same engine supplier for 5 years?? They will get better by Barcelona, better after the summer break, better by end of season and better in 2020. It is a normal and natural progression of things. I'm not a Red Bull fan, but I can see these things clearly. Red Bull just need to copy Honda's way, talk less, work more.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

McMika98
McMika98

Dont understand why Gasly isnt testing this week the poor lad needs as much time to boost his confidence. Dan must have cast some spell on Marko.
As for the upcoming races. The tyres a touch softer and they didn't have issue on C4. Strange that C3 and C2 have almost same temperature working range and yet RedBull struggle with temp on C3.

Marti_EF3

Ground Effect wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 20:16
Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 20:00

#-o #-o #-o
I don't think anybody who knows and follows F1 can blame Honda. If we're all honest, this is a very good start for a brand new partnership. You can only be disappointed if you're new to the sport maybe because you heard all the silly talk from Marko earlier, best installed engine, we are ahead of Mercedes etc. These are human beings working on these things. How can you have a best installation in first year over an installation you did with same engine supplier for 5 years?? They will get better by Barcelona, better after the summer break, better by end of season and better in 2020. It is a normal and natural progression of things. I'm not a Red Bull fan, but I can see these things clearly. Red Bull just need to copy Honda's way, talk less, work more.
Yeah, I'm not new to the sport, but frustration caught me #-o

And TBH, I'm tired with the press and people here in Spain, who are always searching any excuse to blame on Honda instead of saying RBR have integration and chassis issue. And not only that, but people in general are really toxic there when talking about Honda.

I wasn't expecting nothing special until Barcelona, we all knew that would be a hard start of the season. But I'm getting tired of that nonsense surrounding Honda, and Bahrain only helped to turn things worst.

So no, I don't believe Marko and his usually BS, but simply I expected a bit more from chassis side due they experience. But Mclaren had same issues last year, and worst in my opinion. I can't wait for Spain and the post-race test. I will be there on track for the race and tests, so I want to see RBR and Honda doing well :P

Capharol
Capharol

Ground Effect wrote:
I don't think anybody who knows and follows F1 can blame Honda. If we're all honest, this is a very good start for a brand new partnership. You can only be disappointed if you're new to the sport maybe because you heard all the silly talk from Marko earlier, best installed engine, we are ahead of Mercedes etc.
1. i am dissapointed aswell, not because of the results but because somehow RB scr****ed up the aeropackage
2. saying you can only be disappointed because you´re new..... sorry i am disappointed and i watch F1 since early/mid 80´s :wink:
Ground Effect wrote:
These are human beings working on these things. How can you have a best installation in first year over an installation you did with same engine supplier for 5 years?? They will get better by Barcelona, better after the summer break, better by end of season and better in 2020. It is a normal and natural progression of things. I'm not a Red Bull fan, but I can see these things clearly. Red Bull just need to copy Honda's way, talk less, work more.
on this part 100% agree

etusch

nzjrs

etusch wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 20:53
strange news at tr motorsport

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... r/4363100/
Do you have April Fools Day in Turkey?

hurril
hurril

etusch wrote:

Something about the cooling and extra valves? It's a bit hard to understand. What does it say or mean?

Marti_EF3

etusch wrote:

I don't get the "hasegawa part" with that bad google translator #-o

etusch

nzjrs wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 21:00
etusch wrote:

Yes but I don't think they are doing that kind of joke. I also don't know their source.

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 21:03
etusch wrote:

I don't get the "hasegawa part" with that bad google translator #-o
Because of language structure gtranslate is not good for Turkish and also peoples maintaining that site are bad for translating. :D

LM10
LM10

etusch wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 21:06
nzjrs wrote:
etusch wrote:

Yes but I don't think they are doing that kind of joke. I also don't know their source.
That's an april fool. Read the comments.

Besides that, it literally says that Cyril purposely shut down both engines to prevent Verstappen from getting on podium.

Marti_EF3

LM10 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 21:07
etusch wrote:
nzjrs wrote:

Besides that, it literally says that Cyril purposely shut down both engines to prevent Verstappen from getting on podium.
Interesting self-destroy button if they can throw a piston through the exhaust to shut down the engine :lol:

etusch

LM10 wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 21:07
etusch wrote:
nzjrs wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marti_EF3

Good for Honda, impressive top speed for Albon. Power seems to be there. We need setup and aero now [-o<