2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

you better take it easy and wait for the promised performance updates, evaluating them in action before drawing any clues
Although buoyed by the result, Tanabe warned against expecting Honda's engine to compete with its rivals at each race from now on.
"Of course this result encourages the members of our development team, but from the beginning of the season we could really see a big gap to Mercedes and Ferrari," Tanabe said.
"In Austria it was okay; we were strong, but for the next race, I cannot guarantee we'll be a strong as [Sunday], that we'll have the same competitiveness compared with the others.
"It means we need to keep pushing very hard, to get the confidence that we are strong and that when we'll make no mistakes we will win. We want to have that level and need to keep pushing."
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... n_Austria/

in other note the hot RB ring proved the cooling functions so hopefully Newey shrink the RB15 more in next races.
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

If they can manage to be 2-3 tenths above on Qualifying for UK, it will be a good sign that things are improving. And even to open some chances to be fighting for a 3th or 2nd spot at Podium. Because the race pace of the RB15 and the Honda PU is the major advantage they have I think. Better to be cautious, not expecting anything different from what we've seen in the past races, but with less gap to close

godlameroso

The car keeps improving, the latest update seems to have improved things on the aero front. One win on the books and if they keep improving they can match last year's tally, as there are still plenty of rounds to go.
Saishū kōnā

yener

Don't be to excited or you will all be dissapointed at Silverstone. It's awesome that they have beaten Merc, but thats like a running contest against a man with a broken leg. That Mercedes was still really fast in lots of corners, but that engine mode to prevent overheating and the opened bodywork caust them at least 0.5 seconds a lap. IMO its still david vs Goliath. That Merc is a beast
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Stef
Stef

Of course, but we now know it's possible

etusch

yener wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 01:23
Don't be to excited or you will all be dissapointed at Silverstone. It's awesome that they have beaten Merc, but thats like a running contest against a man with a broken leg. That Mercedes was still really fast in lots of corners, but that engine mode to prevent overheating and the opened bodywork caust them at least 0.5 seconds a lap. IMO its still david vs Goliath. That Merc is a beast
Now everyone knows their weak point and at that point Honda is strong. I don't expect a win again at silverstone but if Redbull update works they can be a bit closer there too which is good.
As you know Redbull has good inseason development and a bigger (from first two) Honda power update is in pipeline. So I am excited sevond half of season.
Max was good from end of last season and keep going like that from start of this season. So I expect same from Redbull Honda

Bill
Bill

Max will fight for the championship they is no question about it redbull have improved that car.ifyou add spec 4 which would be a big power upgrade the second half is going to be existing.

Datco
Datco

Anybody knows what were the track temperatures at France vs Austria and what we can expect at Silverstone.

Bill
Bill

Quick ReplyThey was a heat wave in France so the temperatures were just as high as those in Austria

Datco
Datco

Ok so got the of the F1 app, don't know about its accuracy, but it's interesting

FRANCE
Air Temp =27
Track Temp =55
Humidity =40
Pressure 967mb

Austria
Air Temp =35
Track Temp =51
Humidity =17
Pressure 941mb

If we assume updates had zero to do with change in pace to rivals from France to Austria (and I don't how any update can give a sec a lap from France to austria) I initially thought it was track temperature that RBR could get tyers to into the window better. But Austria track temp is lower than France. The big difference is pressure and by inplicaltion air density. Another difference is air temperatures. Both these point to cooling. So could it be that the biggest difference to rivals is engine cooling rather than tyers.

garygph
garygph

Datco wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 12:12
Ok so got the of the F1 app, don't know about its accuracy, but it's interesting

FRANCE
Air Temp =27
Track Temp =55
Humidity =40
Pressure 967mb

Austria
Air Temp =35
Track Temp =51
Humidity =17
Pressure 941mb

If we assume updates had zero to do with change in pace to rivals from France to Austria (and I don't how any update can give a sec a lap from France to austria) I initially thought it was track temperature that RBR could get tyers to into the window better. But Austria track temp is lower than France. The big difference is pressure and by inplicaltion air density. Another difference is air temperatures. Both these point to cooling. So could it be that the biggest difference to rivals is engine cooling rather than tyers.
Not so sure the track temperature for Austria is correct, I will be surprised if it is. Looks too low and France looks too high in relation to the air temperature.
Last edited by garygph on 05 Jul 2019, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

IvailoStefanovBG

Datco wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 12:12

FRANCE
Air Temp =27
Track Temp =55
Humidity =40
Pressure 967mb

Austria
Air Temp =35
Track Temp =51
Humidity =17
Pressure 941mb

You forget that track layout has big significance on tyre management. Silverstone has comparable track layout to France. If RbR can nail the sweetspot on tyres in UK than my opinion is the updated front wing and side elements made the difference.

Marti_EF3

I remember on the TV they said the teams were reading an aprox 58° track temperature before the start on Austria

Bandit1216

IMO Silverstone is the hardest circuit to predict, with a lot of high speed corners.

For corner x it might be like:
Merc used to lift, but the top speed was higher in 2018. Now they don't have to lift, but top speed is lower.
RB was full trottle last year, and now not. Or maybe yes, with new aero update. Maybe easy even, so they reduce DF for more top end.
Ferrari, lifts but top speed is far higher.

One can do a meaningful less down-forge for more top speed exchange when you actually have enough down force for that particular corner to take it full throttle.

And all above is different for the next corner, and also for tire compound. I really think it's anyone's guess.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

lio007

Grabbed this one from the autorsport-forum: Honda HQ