2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Its just that Albon and redbull have nothing to lose. Theoretically he cannot perform worse than Gasly so a 6th is possible if he starts from the back. Gasly would end up p7-8 even if he qualified.

godlameroso

I figured they'd do this. It's the most logical and strategic plan available given their situation. The seat swappers have less to lose on this particular round. So would be better to introduce the new specs for them, get them dialed in so they can hit the ground running in Italy.

As far as fuel is concerned the latest fuel spec is still in development. Esso has introduced 2 fuels so far this season, with a third on the way. It may be ready for Monza or Singapore. The fuel will be the cherry on top that unlocks the full power of the engine. Hopefully that will be enough to close the gap to the point Verstappen can really scrap with Hamilton. It's already pretty close, one more step and they'll be neck and neck. Like the old Schumi vs Hakkinen battles.
Saishū kōnā

Big Tea

Jaisonas wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:15
Its just that Albon and redbull have nothing to lose. Theoretically he cannot perform worse than Gasly so a 6th is possible if he starts from the back. Gasly would end up p7-8 even if he qualified.
Would this have any baring on Marco's 'Gasly does not like to overtake'?

Lets give him more options and see how he does?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marti_EF3

godlameroso wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:17
I figured they'd do this. It's the most logical and strategic plan available given their situation. The seat swappers have less to lose on this particular round. So would be better to introduce the new specs for them, get them dialed in so they can hit the ground running in Italy.

As far as fuel is concerned the latest fuel spec is still in development. Esso has introduced 2 fuels so far this season, with a third on the way. It may be ready for Monza or Singapore. The fuel will be the cherry on top that unlocks the full power of the engine. Hopefully that will be enough to close the gap to the point Verstappen can really scrap with Hamilton. It's already pretty close, one more step and they'll be neck and neck. Like the old Schumi vs Hakkinen battles.
Esso also said that maybe it would be an special upgrade for Suzuka. Not sure, but I remember reading here or on the Honda PU topic

etusch

restless wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 10:58
I still think IF everything goes fine in Friday, there is possibility to put new engines on all 4 cars
On the contrary if things go wrong for Verstappen or Gasly ( latter one will not surprise us) on saturday, they can change the plan otherwise, I think, they will stick the plan and will give the new pu to other drivers with optimised map

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

It's worth noting that Mercedes will introduce a new spec across all cars. So this will be a very good indicator of the progress Honda have made with spec 4. We'll see how they STR stacks up against Racing Point and to a lesser extent Albon, who has to come through the field. On paper, he shouldn't have any problems with any midfield car.
It will also be interesting to see how Max will fare, with his spec 3 against Mercedes with their brand spanking new and upgraded PU. I still have hope he has a chance of being in the mix all weekend, not just for a podium, but a win.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

loner

with such jump in power Albon should wreak havoc from the back storming into the first 6 or even overtake MV with a SC involve.
but will he ?!! we shall know tomorrow if he get along with his car.
para bellum.

loner

Ground Effect wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:33
It will also be interesting to see how Max will fare, with his spec 3 against Mercedes with their brand spanking new and upgraded PU. I still have hope he has a chance of being in the mix all weekend, not just for a podium, but a win.
with Mercs fresh PUs and long strait Ferrari advantage i'll be surprised if MV get any thing more than a modest P5.
para bellum.

Bill
Bill

Max is racing for win that's why Honda didn't change pu ,pu upgrades don't make big difference we are not in 2014. Ferrari still can't match the fuel efficiency of Honda and Mercedes they were demolished in Hungary as for merc their package is high drag so I think Max a high chance of winning.

etusch

Ground Effect wrote:
It's worth noting that Mercedes will introduce a new spec across all cars. So this will be a very good indicator of the progress Honda have made with spec 4. We'll see how they STR stacks up against Racing Point and to a lesser extent Albon, who has to come through the field. On paper, he shouldn't have any problems with any midfield car.
If this is last race of the current pu maybe he will use it as hard as he can after some point of the race. (Of course if there is a place gaining oportunity by that)

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

etusch wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 15:25
Ground Effect wrote:
If this is last race of the current pu maybe he will use it as hard as he can after some point of the race. (Of course if there is a place gaining oportunity by that)
I agree with you on that, but I wonder if they'll consider taking another penalty in Russia, to be in the best possible shape for Suzuka
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Snorked
Snorked

Marti_EF3 wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:24
godlameroso wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:17

Esso also said that maybe it would be an special upgrade for Suzuka. Not sure, but I remember reading here or on the Honda PU topic
It was on here, the article mentioned Exxon were working on three fuels, two more upgrades for this season, with the first possibly coming for Spa at the earliest, and the second at Suzuka (Exxon guy called it a "Suzuka special")

Third fuel was for next year.

godlameroso

There won't be a Suzuka special. The final fuel iteration for this season will come sometime mid September so Italy or Singapore. Be very surprised if they release it in Spa, pleasantly surprised obviously.
Saishū kōnā

loner

https://twitter.com/SomersF1/status/116 ... 73632?s=19
if Albon and Mercs destroy MV times in fp1,2 .. Max will ask for spec 4 before Saturday :mrgreen:
para bellum.

Bill
Bill

Get real you think anybody is going to show off their hands on a Friday practice the only time team push for maximum power is on a last in q3 quali lap