2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Karim28
Karim28

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Why not Max just keep it clean always .. Why there is always an argument for his moves (overtakes, Qualy laps or incidents) , why there is always problems.
He deserved the penalty , specially for his talk in pc as he seemed that he don't care of safety.
Just an arrogant.

Datco
Datco

Why is this team always making mistakes. If it's not chasis, it's PU, if it's not PU and chasis where they have a chance to win\get pole then it's the driver. Really getting annoyed with this.

godlameroso

They have a good race car and a good chance to win, particularly with the tires. Strategy and a safety car can change the swing of the race quite quickly.
Saishū kōnā

IvailoStefanovBG

Let's hope all errors and stupidity of this team finishes this year and we can see then champions in 2020....

McMika98
McMika98

I blame Max for the penalty. The stewards only investigated after his comments. If only had Max done a vettel and replied by saying he lifted off, it would not have been investigated.

Its going to haunt him as now he is in the dirty side and likes of Hamilton amd Albon will get a good launch at start.

etusch

Fia is not feel any obligation to be fair. It is obvious. They clearly support ferrari and Mercedes.
But I think max and team have faults in this incident. When max out for second try he was last one on the track and I thought he will look others if they can improve or not and if no one can improve he will back without fast lap but he kept flying even there was a crash.
In the other hand to see that fast lap was good.
Maybe he would lost first 2 place at start and now we will see how he beat those 3 on track.
Last edited by etusch on 27 Oct 2019, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.

loner

hard to believe no one from the team told him not to talk about the accident before the PC or say he left a little bit as the mini sector in his side it was like he asked for a penalty for some reason
on another note did LH slowed after he saw his team mate crashes ? if not didn't he deserve a grid penalty as well there were no yellow screens for Max just like LH.
para bellum.

loner

so will he keep the record breaking ? would be a quantum of solace :mrgreen:
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

He must win the race. It would be a pleasure after all that BS

godlameroso

He can. Also having seen Riccardo and Verstappen's onboard q3 laps, the 2019 car is much faster in a straight line than 2018. So we can safely say that this year's Honda is a big step forward from last year's Renault. The 2018 car made up the time in sector 2, but got smoked in all the straights. One of them has an extra DRS zone, but still it is a short straight.
Saishū kōnā

diffuser

Marti_EF3 wrote:
27 Oct 2019, 02:04
LM10 wrote:
27 Oct 2019, 02:00
Marti_EF3 wrote:
27 Oct 2019, 01:53

Yes, like the "legal" jump start at Suzuka and Leclerc throwing debris to other cars.

But well, tomorrow we will see if the Ferraris can keep their places, the race pace of the RB15 is superior.
I agree that it was an absolute inacceptable move by the FIA to not immediately do anything about Leclerc driving with a damaged car and penalize him.
As for the jump start, it's a weird situation as we don't really know what the FIA consider as a jump start (normally it should be a no brainer). When Bottas had a jump start in Austria 2017 he didn't get a penalty either even though he evidently started before lights went off. There is a video proving that. So what now, is FIA helping Mercedes as well?
Both of them should have been given a penalty. What frustrates me is the inconsistence of the FIA and the stewards.
We know that for a fact the definition of jump start is one where you trigger the signal. Vettel didn't trigger it. If you place your tire 4 cms from the trigger then move 3cms, it is not considered a jump start.

diffuser

McMika98 wrote:
27 Oct 2019, 07:55
I blame Max for the penalty. The stewards only investigated after his comments. If only had Max done a vettel and replied by saying he lifted off, it would not have been investigated.

Its going to haunt him as now he is in the dirty side and likes of Hamilton amd Albon will get a good launch at start.
Yep he only has himself to blame. Be humble! You can't go on TV and tell everyone that you broke the reg and not expect to be penalized.

TNTHead

Aside all the fuzz about the qualy crash and VER reaction to it, didn't we see the promising glimpses of the potential of the spec 4 PU and fuel? In Q3 Ferrari was only 0.1 s faster in S1! That was the biggest surprise for me. May be the Honda comparison graph isnt too far from the truth...
I know that cooling also has effects on the maximum power mode you can run, and setup an tyre management, but it was impressive imo.

Sieper

diffuser wrote:
27 Oct 2019, 15:24
McMika98 wrote:
27 Oct 2019, 07:55

Yep he only has himself to blame. Be humble! You can't go on TV and tell everyone that you broke the reg and not expect to be penalized.
He did answer the question truthfully. I would have too said something along the lines of Lewis did yesterday to explain his own failure to go off the gas (it all went so quick, I hardly realised it) or Rosberg back in 16 (I lifted) the data would have proven it. But that is not how Max operates. He, indeed bluntly, says what he thought. Much like Kimi in Spa 17.

This is now the second time hope it was the last.

maguetox
maguetox

This is F1 and everything can happen, so my point of view is different because I think Max and or RBR did it on purpose because they may be thinking more on winning the race than qualifying, let me explain why. Bare facts, Ferrari is faster in sector 1 with its top speed; RBR is faster in sector 2 and 3; Mercedes is on par with RBR or just little behind; main straight distance from the starting line to the first curve a 90-degree btw, is around 1 kilometer. At the starting of race been in first position with both Ferraris in second and third was a disadvantage, they eat Max alive at the starting of the GP, without any question, but Max starting behind the Ferraris, he can use the stream of them to “compensate or mitigate” their top speed and trying a deep late kamikaze braking at the first curve, and use the advantage of sector 2 and 3 that the RBR has to pull away. Obviously there are 1000 more variables over the table, but even if I was more or less disappointed with the penalty, I´m more confident the he can have a good result.