2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
_cerber1

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

I hope on Wednesday or Thursday to see the updated McLaren, for Melbourne. [-o< [-o< [-o<

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 20:20
I hope on Wednesday or Thursday to see the updated McLaren, for Melbourne. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Fingers crossed, will very interested to see the bargeboards area...
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Going to bet the front and rear wing will have small changes

bauc

I'm not expecting anything significant till the Spanish GP in May
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

bauc wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 23:02
Hopefully there will be some considerable updates, else we'll begin to fall behind from race 1. Because I expect teams like Renault, Racing Point, Alfa Romeo and STR to have updates.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

_cerber1 wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 20:20
I would not expect all the parts until Friday.

bauc

Ground Effect wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 23:23
bauc wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 23:02
Hopefully there will be some considerable updates, else we'll begin to fall behind from race 1. Because I expect teams like Renault, Racing Point, Alfa Romeo and STR to have updates.
From the interview posted on gptoday with De Ferran, I got the impression that after last year's fiasco, they needed to confirm and fully understand what they have at preseason testing so they can sing off the right path of development for the rest of the season. Now, I believe they did that and De Ferran said also that they now know exactly were they need to push the development envelope meaning any meaningful update will not be present (I HOPE I'M WRONG) at the first race but I expect a few updates here and there. Maybe new mirror mountings ect....
Last edited by bauc on 11 Mar 2019, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

mclaren111

Agree... I think it will be small meaningful changes race by race....

mwillems

I'm not sure who said it (PhilipM?), but in the car thread someone said there were updates for the test that did not get through QA in time. I suppose these may well make it to Australia.
Whether these pieces fix the balance issue or not, who knows. Given the mechanical grip required in Aus, if they don't fix the issue I'm not sure we will see the best of the car. Not saying it will be slow, just that with the existing balance issue demonstrated in S3 Barcelona, the Aus GP isn't yet suited to the best of what the MCL34 can showcase.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Ground Effect wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 18:15
diffuser wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 17:45
Should Zak pursue Paddy Lowe?
Please no, I think he's lost his way. His parting gift to McLaren was the MP4-28.
I think they should....he left Mercedes not becouse he got fired but becouse Williams asked for him for Bottas, and the reason he didnt make it in Williams is...well that is one broken team on so many levels.....he would be a good asset to PP, Fry, Key and Co.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

godlameroso

The rear wing will definitely be different, it looks like McLaren underestimated how much rear wing they need to balance the car.
Saishū kōnā

Lucky
Lucky

godlameroso wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 16:44
The rear wing will definitely be different, it looks like McLaren underestimated how much rear wing they need to balance the car.
"We only had our Melbourne rear wing with us. The produces for Barcelona too little downforce, "regretted McLaren boss Zak Brown.

bauc

Lucky wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 17:01
godlameroso wrote:
"We only had our Melbourne rear wing with us. The produces for Barcelona too little downforce, "regretted McLaren boss Zak Brown.

for a good result?

PhillipM
PhillipM

mwillems wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 11:23
I'm not sure who said it (PhilipM?), but in the car thread someone said there were updates for the test that did not get through QA in time. I suppose these may well make it to Australia.
Yes, that was me, they already know those parts will fix most of their balance issues so I guess they didn't bother trying to tune it out in the tests - no point.

Whether the parts are ready and going out now - no idea - it's hard to tell what new has been shipped when the entire cars and spares go out :lol:

charliesmithhd

Lucky wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 17:01
godlameroso wrote:
I'm guessing Barcelona spec rear wing would not have the 'scoop' like the car currently has?