2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

zoroastar wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 03:40
langedweil wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 01:28
I do not agree about Ves .. he is involved in incidents because he races.
Everyone that is racing is involved in incidents .. Ves, Vet, Rai, Hulk, Ricc, Sai, Gro, Mag, Per, Oco, Bot etc. Even Lewis used to make his f***ups when he wasn’t driving in first position. But aside from being an more than excellent driver, a lot of his achievements stem a lot from an utterly perfect car/team for over more than 4/5 yrs.
So this hollow Ves bashing is way too easy, as it is a common thing to do apparently. I just prefer racing with a knife between the teeth, regardless of who it is.
Maybe that’s why I don’t really like Charles; he is just too nice, too polite .. doesn’t seem sort of brave I guess. 70% of the field would have led the race in that car, in the same manner he did.
And as for Carlos, just assuming you’ve own a corner without keeping your eyes open bites you in the butt every now and then.

But .. all in all, it’s just my opinion, I’m not at all entitled to know it all.
but on the grid its a "known thing" to beware when racing VES. not many people are going to argue his talent, or that they dont like aggressive racing. its the fact that he has a history of making double defensive moves, and using opponents cars to slow his car down instead of his brakes. so if a "normal" racing incident occurs, they are going to automatically point their fingers at him. especially if its their favorite team that suffers for it. if you look at sainz braking into that corner, it looks a lot like max doesnt brake at all haha
You must be playing too many driving games with damage turned off to think Verstappen uses hitting other people's cars to slow himself down for a corner. That or RB figured out how to turn off damage for his car!

M840TR
M840TR

marmer wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 15:36
Juzh wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 13:14
here is 2019 car compared to last year. This year's car is just on a different level.

https://youtu.be/n2lXhqVt6TA

note: drs is working for alonso, just the graphic is not showing it.

Didn't this year's cars get more drs zones so it should be a much faster lap regardless or am I missing something
The DRS opening is significantly larger as well. Also the engine has around 50 more hp during qualifying.

zoroastar
zoroastar

Ground Effect wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 11:40
fouad1979 wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 11:00
mclaren111 wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 09:41
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3PTCtZWAAIhwuw.jpg

Even though it's only testing, the times look decent...
There is no doubt that the mclaren was the fourth fastest car or even third if sainz didnt have his contact with max i think he was going to challenge Redbull for the 4 place now maybe it was track performance we have to see what they will do in china
Zak talked about performance depending on track layout etc. I hope they won't struggle when we get to tracks like Monaco, Hungaoring, Singapore, where overtaking is difficult. He said the team could be 4th or 5th on one track and 8th or 9th on another.
Definitely, this car is light-years ahead of the MCL33, but it has weaknesses. Hopefully the Barcelona upgrade will help ensure they're competitive all tracks, irrespective of the layout.
i think zak is still just playing it safe. they may have some info that points to them possibly being better at some tracks than others but i think hes just going off of how close the competition is. that doesnt necessarily mean they have serious problems at some tracks, just that things are tight. but its still really early.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

radosav wrote:It is nice step up for McLaren, with both car overtaking red bull cars. I know that red bull suffered with setup this race but never the less
Probably the difference is that last season, even if Red Bull would have had the same problems they did, we wouldn’t have been close enough to fight them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

godlameroso

Emag wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 15:55
marmer wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 15:36
Juzh wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 13:14
here is 2019 car compared to last year. This year's car is just on a different level.

https://youtu.be/n2lXhqVt6TA

note: drs is working for alonso, just the graphic is not showing it.

Didn't this year's cars get more drs zones so it should be a much faster lap regardless or am I missing something
One DRS Zone alone can't grant 1.6 seconds in lap improvement. At most it gives 2 tenths, or maybe less because of the part of the track it was implemented. The 2019 car is clearly better on top speed, corner entry and exit. It's overall a much better car.
The extra power is alone worth like .7 seconds, still that's a nice improvement over last year's chassis, despite the new regulations. Plus the car still has a fair bit of untapped potential.
Saishū kōnā

Alonso Fan

[deleted]
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 05 Apr 2019, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

zoroastar wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 11:40
fouad1979 wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 11:00
There is no doubt that the mclaren was the fourth fastest car or even third if sainz didnt have his contact with max i think he was going to challenge Redbull for the 4 place now maybe it was track performance we have to see what they will do in china
Zak talked about performance depending on track layout etc. I hope they won't struggle when we get to tracks like Monaco, Hungaoring, Singapore, where overtaking is difficult. He said the team could be 4th or 5th on one track and 8th or 9th on another.
Definitely, this car is light-years ahead of the MCL33, but it has weaknesses. Hopefully the Barcelona upgrade will help ensure they're competitive all tracks, irrespective of the layout.
i think zak is still just playing it safe. they may have some info that points to them possibly being better at some tracks than others but i think hes just going off of how close the competition is. that doesnt necessarily mean they have serious problems at some tracks, just that things are tight. but its still really early.
If as data suggested and what the driver’s has said is true, that Mclaren is suffering with low speed corners... Tracks such as Hungary, Monaco and Singapore will be an issue for the team... While tracks such as Baku, Paul Ricard, Russia could be very good for the team

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

I'm a couple of days late, just watched Lando's post race interview. I really like the way he's so in the moment and expresses himself clearly and still open enough to say he's still learning a lot. It emphasized how important it was for him to go through his first GP and come out unscathed, even though he didn't get points. He'll surely improve quickly if he keeps being ready to learn.
By the way, I can't get over his very strange (to me at least) accent, sounds really odd. :D
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

proteus

I apologise if someone allready posted this video, here is the summary of overtakes Norris has made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muqAXhtBE4k

Brilliant driving indeed.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

His braking technique is probably what catches my attention the most, he doesn’t lock in any of those moves even though he brakes later than the cars he was passing.

diffuser

SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 17:55
radosav wrote:It is nice step up for McLaren, with both car overtaking red bull cars. I know that red bull suffered with setup this race but never the less
Probably the difference is that last season, even if Red Bull would have had the same problems they did, we wouldn’t have been close enough to fight them.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/22257

Saintz says "the rear end is our strength."

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Carlos is implying that China could be a bigger challenge, being front limited.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

fouad1979
fouad1979

Ground Effect wrote:
06 Apr 2019, 09:02
Carlos is implying that China could be a bigger challenge, being front limited.
I think that this year all the mclaren team are cautious and has low expectation and its just perfect like this, the philosophy has changed from the past we have best chassis we have massive upgrade and we the fans start wondering and dreaming to just find that Bouillier and CO and even fernando were givin us false expectation, now every word is calculated and its perfect like this.

dp12
dp12

diffuser wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 23:38
SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 17:55

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/22257

Saintz says "the rear end is our strength."
With that in mind, Canada might be a strong one for us

Alonso Fan

Never thought I'd be saying this but I think this year I'll be looking forward more to monza than Singapore...

China shouldn't be that much worse than Bahrain. Barcelona is also a front limited track and of course everyone has had updates since but the pace seemed decent there.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa