2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McG

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

GhostF1 wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 14:32
Fascinating... Everyone saying it looks incredible this will bring them back. I don't see anything on these renders that would suggest
going that far? There's a boomerang moustache element around the bargeboard area, the only vaguely RB14 element on there (someone said the whole car looks like an RB14..lol), the nose is very much the same as last year's car and the whole "coke bottle" is nothing to report on? They've gone high mount sidepods, as expected and as have 90% of the field. The sponsor "shopping list" down the side of the car is suppppper tacky.

Driver uniforms don't even remotely speak McLaren or its history to me and actually look like pyjamas, you put this teams last 4 years together and you'd have zero idea they were the same team. Mix that with Zac saying "it's a journey" about 12 times in the small speech and it's "a road to recovery", I get super confused/concerned vibes from them.

Not quite the reveal I was hoping for.
Bit of a negative Nancy aren't you.

Start of the season is no time to be negative about a team you support. Especially since McLaren have went through a massive change.
F1 is dead.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

so the colours of mediocrisy has been revealed.

and this is where those groupie fanbois were screaming and hyping about? good god.

let me be clear i am talking about the livery, including the overalls. i am not talking about the cars potential.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

oh good this livery is giving me mental retardation when looking at it with huski chocolate on the back.
sorry but this is the worst livery ever.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Espresso
Espresso

Manoah2u wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 14:55
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzXasm9WkAA5T5_.jpg

oh good this livery is giving me mental retardation when looking at it with huski chocolate on the back.
:? Only solace I have...It's better then the William's livery....
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

TwanV
TwanV

who are all those people sitting at those desks? they all look so lonely :cry:

Weird presentation, but yeah this livery is a step up, like the overalls too. Let's hope the car brings them back to the midfield at least.

Looking at it longer, they had a lot of inspiration (?) from that other customer Renault team last year that's for sure.
Last edited by TwanV on 14 Feb 2019, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

yeah at first i thought it was some computer generated background or some cardboard people but then realized it's real. i don't know what the hell was going on there.

McG

Manoah2u wrote:

Don't think you need the livery for that.
F1 is dead.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

McG wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 15:02
Manoah2u wrote:

Don't think you need the livery for that.
please elaborate.

TwanV
TwanV

McG lighten up , you're reacting a bit personal

McG

TwanV wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 14:59
who are all those people sitting at those desks? they all look so lonely :cry:

Weird presentation, but yeah this livery is a step up, like the overalls too. Let's hope the car brings them back to the midfield at least.

Looking at it longer, they had a lot of inspiration (?) from that other customer Renault team last year that's for sure.
Those are some of the top brass at McLaren and McLaren relations. Looks like a good spot to view the proceedings.
F1 is dead.

sn809
sn809

McG wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 11:46
sn809 wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 04:23
They are both happy, why don't u guys get over it already.

Mclaren lost it for me after BAT deal, shame on them.
Hypocrite.

So you're fine with fossil fuels, alcohol, disgusting energy drinks and sugary drinks, massive greedy corporations.
No, eventually they will be out as well but Cigarettes were almost out other than Ferrari, this is bringing them back in again. A lot of pressure was being applied on Ferrari but this gives them room for maneuver.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Manoah2u wrote:

I'd actually have to agree to a point. Not the worst ever, it's just... kind of random, like what was the goal here? The shapes thing is meaningless, the overuse of blue is not McLaren (again why are the drivers wearing blue!?!? :| ) the orange with the red wing is not too nice... Ugh I want to like this but not sure wtf is going on

Might be better on track. Last year was far better on track than the studio.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I indeed just don't get it. do it all orange and black, or just do something that works. this, just doesn't work.

why is the blue there anyway?

TwanV
TwanV

Manoah2u wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 15:18
I indeed just don't get it. do it all orange and black, or just do something that works. this, just doesn't work.

why is the blue there anyway?
actually its legacy https://flic.kr/p/4VVe5L Blame that guy from the 70s :lol:
Last edited by TwanV on 14 Feb 2019, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Vasconia

The uniforms are terrible but not important for me. Car looks nice but a quite simple in comparison to RB.