2019 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 15-17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
illario
illario

Re: 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 15-17

Speaking from my imagination πŸ˜‡ SF90 dosent like low camber corners, be it positive or negative.

Capharol
Capharol

Juzh wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2019, 09:57
Artur Craft wrote: ↑
17 Mar 2019, 16:59
16 Mar 2019, 11:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkFZqfc-hs[/url]

Either ferrari/merc have been hit hard on their party modes with the extra restrictions put in place on the PUs this year, or honda has practically closed the gap completely, which would be quite astonishing.
account deleted already. Juzh, can you, please, upload this telemetry comparison again? I doesn't need to be on youtube, it can be wherever you like. Also, did you post onboard laps?

About this weekend, I don't care about the "Melbourne is not a representative track for pecking order" talk. I doubt very much that Ferrari and RB will challenge Merc this year. Even on places like Monaco I can see Merc locking a front row easily, given how good their mechanical grip is. This sort of superiority really feels like 2014-2016
I uploaded all laps and some more that weren't on youtube to a google drive folder. check my forum signature.
i checked the app telemetry v normal telemetry at Verstappen.... there are some differences in speed and RPM

GPR-A

wickedz50 wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2019, 05:04
Boss do you really feel this was a one off blip for ferrari?
People around have a habit of getting into quick conclusions. First they wrote off Mercedes due to what THEY COULDN'T see in winter testing. I feel it's the same thing going on with Ferrari. SF90 seems to be a very good car and I say this based on how it has performed so far, since Winter testing. It seems like a car where everything is right, but tyres haven't worked as they have hoped for in this GP. I don't think there was anything wrong with their PU.

Very few people fully understand how much these tyres can impact a car. When they work, they make a car look like a dream and when they don't, the car comes across as a dog on every aspect. Mercedes looked pathetic last year in Canada, which was one of the strongest circuits for Mercedes and Hamilton. In 2017, Mercedes looked extremely bad on certain circuits (like Monaco and Russia). I remember, in 2015 Singapore, both Lewis and Nico said, the car looked beautiful to drive, but it was not fast. Most part of last year, Ferrari had very good traction out of the corners, wherein side by side comparisons, they almost exited the corners with 5 to 10 kmph more than Mercedes. Obviously they wouldn't have retained most of that advantage. You can expect them to bounce back, once they understand the problem and get that sorted. Most part, it seems like setup issues. I expected them to be back and fight for pole next.

Capharol
Capharol

16 Mar 2019, 11:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkFZqfc-hs[/url]

Either ferrari/merc have been hit hard on their party modes with the extra restrictions put in place on the PUs this year, or honda has practically closed the gap completely, which would be quite astonishing.
account deleted already. Juzh, can you, please, upload this telemetry comparison again? I doesn't need to be on youtube, it can be wherever you like. Also, did you post onboard laps?

About this weekend, I don't care about the "Melbourne is not a representative track for pecking order" talk. I doubt very much that Ferrari and RB will challenge Merc this year. Even on places like Monaco I can see Merc locking a front row easily, given how good their mechanical grip is. This sort of superiority really feels like 2014-2016
I uploaded all laps and some more that weren't on youtube to a google drive folder. check my forum signature.
to bad you can't upvote here..... thanks for the link in your signature

SiLo

I'm not sure Hamilton would have won the race had he not had the damage to the floor, he lost it in the first 100 metres (annoying but thats Aus circuit). But I reckon he would have been a lot further up the road than he was.
Felipe Baby!

munudeges
munudeges

GPR -A wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2019, 14:16
SF90 seems to be a very good car and I say this based on how it has performed so far, since Winter testing. It seems like a car where everything is right, but tyres haven't worked as they have hoped for in this GP. I don't think there was anything wrong with their PU.
Something has drastically changed at Ferrari between testing and this race that can't be explained by set up or any other issue.

Capharol
Capharol

munudeges wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2019, 14:58
SF90 seems to be a very good car and I say this based on how it has performed so far, since Winter testing. It seems like a car where everything is right, but tyres haven't worked as they have hoped for in this GP. I don't think there was anything wrong with their PU.
Something has drastically changed at Ferrari between testing and this race that can't be explained by set up or any other issue.
maybe the circuit, maybe the temperature, maybe the layout of the track, maybe another tracksurface :wink:

NathanOlder

Ferrari dont like the heat, The cold temps in Barcelona was perfect. Good job we run a winter series..... oh wait #-o
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GPR-A

You would be right if the trend of non-performance continues. Everyone knows that, Melbourne is generally not a circuit to measure the relative performance between the cars. Mercedes has generally dominated this circuit and Ferrari was unsurprisingly behind in qualifying. The first stint went rather well for Ferrari in race, but then the problems started kicking in with Medium tyres. So, there is everything to point that, Ferrari had a bad weekend and the fact that, this was the first race, didn't help them with any kind of previous data to help. Let's wait for a few more races before concluding anything.

munudeges
munudeges

18 Mar 2019, 15:31
You would be right if the trend of non-performance continues. Everyone knows that, Melbourne is generally not a circuit to measure the relative performance between the cars. Mercedes has generally dominated this circuit and Ferrari was unsurprisingly behind in qualifying.
It doesn't matter what the specifics of this circuit are. The dropoff is so absolutely huge the cause has to be huge. This is not just a little setup problem or something that can be explained away by the circuit in some way. Either their car genuinely isn't anywhere near as fast as they thought it was in testing, or they were led to believe, or something fundamental has caused them to lose performance massively i.e. an FIA power unit directive, on the quiet. Neither of those scenarios are quick to fix.

Juzh

Capharol wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2019, 13:48

i checked the app telemetry v normal telemetry at Verstappen.... there are some differences in speed and RPM
f1 app telemetry is interpolated, normal one isn't. Not a big problem because the accuracy is still good enough. rpm is not important anyway.

Capharol
Capharol

18 Mar 2019, 16:13
18 Mar 2019, 13:48

f1 app telemetry is interpolated, normal one isn't. Not a big problem because the accuracy is still good enough. rpm is not important anyway.
thank you *thumbsup*

dans79

18 Mar 2019, 15:31
You would be right if the trend of non-performance continues. Everyone knows that, Melbourne is generally not a circuit to measure the relative performance between the cars. Mercedes has generally dominated this circuit and Ferrari was unsurprisingly behind in qualifying. The first stint went rather well for Ferrari in race, but then the problems started kicking in with Medium tyres. So, there is everything to point that, Ferrari had a bad weekend and the fact that, this was the first race, didn't help them with any kind of previous data to help. Let's wait for a few more races before concluding anything.
I have to say i disagree. my opinion is that Ferrari seemed to have a lot of understeer, and they didn't seem to like the heat. Both issue can be fixed, but that is going to take time, and is going to come at the cost of compromising something else about the car.
197 104 103 7

Big Tea

18 Mar 2019, 15:05
maybe the circuit, maybe the temperature, maybe the layout of the track, maybe another tracksurface :wink:
Or even scrutineering, which was not done in the test sessions. Could something have been called out and removed/replaced/altered?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Shrieker

Hammerfist wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2019, 05:16
fritticaldi wrote: ↑
17 Mar 2019, 19:03
The car that Mercedes usually give to Hamilton was given to Bottas and Hamilton received the car that Bottas usually receives.
hahahahahahahaha! you're so funny
He should reduce his sodium intake.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-AtatΓΌrk