2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Schuttelberg wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 12:48
And, I wonder what your mood was like in 2013? Would you tune in looking to find out who came second?
Yeas I tuned in to watch every race, full well knowing the driver and team I liked had about a 0% chance of winning. I was at Austin 2013, even though i knew well in advance what the result was going to look like.

However, I'm not a fair weather fan like so many are, even though they claim not to be. For example if you go back and look at who was posting in the preseason testing thread, you will now find many of them have vanished.
Last edited by dans79 on 07 Jun 2019, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

Mach

C'mon Ferrari. Get it right this weekend. I hate a boring home Grand Prix with Merc winning once again =D>

factory_p

I have a feeling this weekend will show a trend already observed in Baku : the best setup will carry more downforce and drag than sim predicts, just in order to throw enough energy in the tyres to keep them at temperature. Remember how Renault's super low drag setup was nowhere on the 1st day in Baku?

dans79

bosyber wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 14:04
To each his own, I tend to relatively quickly switch off (sound) when Horner is with Sky F1 on the pitwall, he's full of a lot, but a lot of it is politics - sure Toto Wolff has his own spiel, and constantly playing it down only to end up with 5 1-2's did seem a bit rich; but maybe it's the Austrian, or maybe it's that he's honestly describing what we can actually see from the working atmosphere within the team, which is interesting, and after all, it wasn't all overpowering pace, until Spain really.
All the TPs have a spiel, Right now Binotto sound a lot like a hippy getting ready for a love in. Always overly positive/optimistic, not matter how bad a weekend was strategically or performance wise.
197 104 103 7

bosyber
bosyber

Heh, indeed; I suppose it is better than the previous 'silence until barking' mode Ferrari had; and anyway, what else is he supposed to do, morose won't help the team stay calm, which is IMO their greatest issue over all.

dans79

bosyber wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 14:30
Heh, indeed; I suppose it is better than the previous 'silence until barking' mode Ferrari had; and anyway, what else is he supposed to do, morose won't help the team stay calm, which is IMO their greatest issue over all.
You give a neutral response, as both extremes have negative consequences. Hostile management leads to fear and low motivation. Overly positive management leads to complacency and low motivation.
Last edited by dans79 on 07 Jun 2019, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

bosyber
bosyber

I get that, though I think that might have work less well in the media presser, especially with the Italian press having apparently such a big influence on the team spirit as it seems to have (sure, bad result will lead to disastrous headlines, but at least those are after the weekend, not on Friday already ;-)

santos
santos

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 13:38
santos wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 13:22
djones wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 13:05
The only people who seem to moan about Mercedes are Ferrari and Redbull fans (mainly Ferrari).

Yet I can guarantee when the team they support was dominating they were happy with the situation of having a car way ahead of the rest.
I think you're not seeing the all picture. It's not about Mercedes. It's about the sport. Yes, i enjoyed the days when Micheal was winning every weekend. I also enjoyed the season when Alonso was winning for Renault even if than means that the team that i support was losing. The fight between Alonso and Schumacher at Imola was epic. The years that Red Bull were winning, i still enjoyed to watch the races. I don't know if it is because of the engine or tyres… but since 2014 the thrill is gone. And i don't blame Mercedes for that.
Maybe you don't like that your driver is not the one winning? :wink:

My driver is winning and I'm loving it!! 8) But I admit the races are not exciting, but since I have been watching F1 it is not below the average that is for sure.
Again, not always a driver won in a Ferrari during the years i watch F1. Still, i enjoyed to watch. Damon Hill, Villneuve, Mika Hakkinen, Jenson Button, Vettel, Hamilton... all of them won championships in a time that i had pleasure to watch. Even the races when a Ferrari crash and the other abandoned. Now, is all about getting tyres in window, managing the pace to save fuel and tyres.

TAG

Schuttelberg wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 12:48
And, I wonder what your mood was like in 2013? Would you tune in looking to find out who came second?
I watched every race of the season in real time hoping someone would beat Vettel & Red Bull, I even rooted for Webber at times; and yeah I'd celebrate every time a Canada 2011 or a USGP 2012 or a Silverstone 2013 would take place.

Today I sit back and enjoy things almost every weekend instead of just once or twice a year. Maybe not as much actually as I did then.

Some people are fed up, others are disgruntled sour grapes, it's just a matter of perspective I guess, but that's the sport. I be you enjoyed Silverstone 2018 just a little bit. :)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

I'm sure Toto Wolff cares a lot about what his haters think....NOT. Can't believe he's getting compared to Christian Horner. Folks forget his constant whining about Renault and threats to quit? Sure that was much more music to the ears than Toto claiming his team is the underdog. As far as I can tell Bahrain was supposed to be the deciding track and Ferrari were winning and Mercedes had the setup wrong. It takes a few races before teams get dialed in and they have s better idea about their own and their opponents cars. I don't get it what would you like to say to the press if you kept getting asked about your team day in day out by reporters? We are the best and we will steamroller everyone?

GPR-A

digitalrurouni wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 15:16
We are the best and we will steamroller everyone?

dtro
dtro

Lets get ready to rumble?

TAG

Binotto with a Folding Chair.

माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

dans79

starting circle, Is this just a bad translation or am I missing something?
197 104 103 7